"Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update

IDBillzFan

Okay, folks, for those of you who took part in the third annual "Dinner On Me, Smartass" Contest, here is your update.

Of the 102 entries submitted in the allotted timeframe, 19 of you were eliminated because...well...you were crazy enough to think the Bills would beat the Patriots in NE, and six of you were ineligible because you were not members of the board long enough to qualify.

That means 77 of you advance to Week 2.

In our much-anticipated matchup with the Fish, as many as 60 of you have picked the Bills to lose and a cool 17 of you pick the Bills to win.

Here is the original thread with everyone's entries. If I made a mistake on yours--and I drink a lot so there's a good chance I may have--please let me know and I will make the correction.

Good luck next week.

Here are the names of those who are now out of the race.

These dudes and dudettes picked wrong:

daninator

EZC-Boston

IndyMark

RuntheDamnBall

mead107

coodudeav

ThePebble19

sfladave1

Mr. Info

CircleTheWagons

BigdaddyinOrlando

Ruffalo1

OGTEleven

udonkey

cablelady

UConn James

Jack in Syracuse

Astrobot

rtconner

These dudes didn't read the rules:

NorthWesternBill, cgang, Lv_Bills, I Forgot My Last Username, Pyrate, vinuch

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, too bad I can't change my picks now, because if my new prediction comes true, I will be out this week.

I fully expect the Bills to win their next 3 games!

I had them losing in Miami this week in this thread, but after seeing training camp, the preseason, and now in this first game, this tea is better than I gave them credit for and I expect them to challenge for the playoffs now.

The Bills will win their next 3 games!

Well, too bad I can't change my picks now, because if my new prediction comes true, I will be out this week. 

I fully expect the Bills to win their next 3 games! 

I had them losing in Miami this week in this thread, but after seeing training camp, the preseason, and now in this first game, this tea is better than I gave them credit for and I expect them to challenge for the playoffs now. 

The Bills will win their next 3 games!

770649[/snapback]

I'm in the opposite boat. I have no idea what I was thinking when I picked the Bills to win on the road this week. If I could change my pick I'd chalk this one up as another loss.

Bad teams find way to lose. I fully expect the Bills to be in a position to win this week and then find a new and interesting way to lose. Hopefully some positives come out of it though.

I'm in the opposite boat.  I have no idea what I was thinking when I picked the Bills to win on the road this week.  If I could change my pick I'd chalk this one up as another loss.

Bad teams find way to lose.  I fully expect the Bills to be in a position to win this week and then find a new and interesting way to lose.  Hopefully some positives come out of it though.

770652[/snapback]

Dude just leave already. You make me depressed.

I have no idea what I was thinking when I picked the Bills to win on the road this week.

770652[/snapback]

You were probably thinking: what the hell makes me think I can predict, in the beginning of April before the draft, the outcome of a game that won't be played until the middle of September.

This is an official appeal concerning my being ineligible for the contest...

I propose a compromise,

i. My name still appear in the list of board members continuing on to the next weeks predictions

ii. a) An "*" may appear next to my name,

b) I am not eligible for the prize at the end.

comments:

c'mon guys at least let my predictions be known I only missed the cutoff by a slim margin!

NorthWesternBill

X______________________________ 09/13/06

:lol:

You were probably thinking: what the hell makes me think I can predict, in the beginning of April before the draft, the outcome of a game that won't be played until the middle of September.

770918[/snapback]

Or I might have been drunk.

These dudes and dudettes picked wrong:

daninator

EZC-Boston

IndyMark

RuntheDamnBall

mead107

coodudeav

ThePebble19

sfladave1

Mr. Info

CircleTheWagons

BigdaddyinOrlando

Ruffalo1

OGTEleven

udonkey

cablelady

UConn James

Jack in Syracuse

Astrobot

rtconner

770583[/snapback]

In a very important sense, these are the real winners! (of course, not in a free dinner kind of sense, but still...)

These dudes didn't read the rules:

NorthWesternBill, cgang, Lv_Bills, I Forgot My Last Username, Pyrate, vinuch

I don't have anything nice to say about these losers.

This is an official appeal concerning my being ineligible for the contest...

I propose a compromise,

i. My name still appear in the list of  board members continuing on to the next  weeks predictions

ii. a) An  "*" may appear next to my name,

b) I am not eligible for the prize at the end.

comments:

c'mon guys at least let my predictions be known I only missed the cutoff by a slim margin!   

NorthWesternBill

X______________________________              09/13/06

:lol:

770926[/snapback]

No soup for you!

I protest. I joined the board on Jan. 3, 2005 (not 06) so doesn't that make me eligible to w.... I mean, lose? 

Not that it makes much of a difference... 'll probably crash and burn in week 3.

771428[/snapback]

He was probably drinking when he was looking at your post, and confused the 05 for 06.