has anyone brought up drew's performance

dave mcbride

it was a week 13 performance except for the fact that it was week one. still, it was a microcosm of a standard full season from him -- strong first quarter, 2 quarters of middling to nothing, and a meltdown in the fourth (while still giving his team's fans hope via one or two perfectly thrown deep balls).

it was a week 13 performance except for the fact that it was week one. still, it was a microcosm of a standard full season from him -- strong first quarter, 2 quarters of middling to nothing, and a meltdown in the fourth (while still giving his team's fans hope via one or two perfectly thrown deep balls).

769571[/snapback]

Plus it's the second year with Bledsoe, the year when he really breaks your heart after getting your hopes up in the first.

Blaming Bledsoe

Why? It's quite simple: Bledsoe's penchant for holding the ball too long and his utter lack of mobility allowed Jacksonville to follow its plan on defense.

"Get in his face," Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson said. "That's what the coaches were preaching to us all week. Get in his face, get pressure on him and he'll make mistakes."

It's amazing that NFL defensive coordinators have finally managed to figure out Bledsoe. ;)

Fezmid did. ;)

769573[/snapback]

Ahhh yes, the current master of ceremonies of the Dead Horse Beater's Club.

Interesting timing for his 3,643rd Drew Bledsoe thread considering that, with all due respect to Chris Simms and Mike Nugent, Bledsoe may well have been the very worst player in the NFL yesterday.

Yeah, he can't tell the difference between the two quarterbacks.

Zero interceptions.  Three interceptions.  What's the difference?

:angry:

769580[/snapback]

Yeah, except I wasn't talking about Bledsoe, I was pointing out the fact that people would've lynched Bledsoe if he had played the way JP played and, surprise surprise, we STILL need help in the trenches.

There were a few other people who decided to turn it into a Bledsoe thread.

Whatever, I'm done.

CW

Yeah, except I wasn't talking about Bledsoe, I was pointing out the fact that people would've lynched Bledsoe if he had played the way JP played and, surprise surprise, we STILL need help in the trenches.

Whatever, I'm done.

CW

770247[/snapback]

But ARE you done? Are you really?

What was your point here? If you wanted to talk about the OL's crappiness or JP's crappiness, you could have easily done that without having to refer to Drew.

FYI, JP played very well considering the lack of an OL. Numbers don't tell everything, but an 86.8 passer rating and 0 interceptions against a tough Belichick defense was not at all bad. Drew's passer rating vs. the Patriots? 80, 61.6, 83.9, 34.7, 83.6, 14.3

So why is JP not being bashed like Drew was? It's been mentioned repeatedly to you, but one more time might do the trick: DREW WAS A 10TH SEASON VETERAN UPON JOINING THE BILLS, WHILE JP JUST COMPLETED HIS 9TH CAREER GAME START.

Whatever, I'm done.

CW

770247[/snapback]

I find this argument to be vapid and completely incorrect. If Bledsoe played error free (I dont consider the safety a mistake by Losman, but by our O-line) football, with a 65% completion rate and 164 yards on 15 completions, we'd have all been happy. How often did Bledsoe only take 3 sacks in a game? How often was Bledsoe able to avoid the rush and make a play like Losman did yesterday?

Also, something that I haven't seen brought up too much, the game was unbelievably short, with only 50 offensive plays for the Bills. This is pretty much due to the Bills inability to stop the rush, keeping the clock running. I dont see how you can discount Losman's ability to put points on the board when the game was going to be low scoring by default.

Losman's stats by drive

First drive: Losman 4/5 43 yds

Second drive: 3/3 36 yds

Third drive: 0/1 incomplete on third and 6

Fourth drive: 1/2 6 yds, after being sacked by unblocked Colvin on 1st and 10

Fifth drive: 2/4 19 yds incomplete on third and 7

Sixth drive: 4/5 50yds Drive stalls at 7 when McGahee is stopped on 4th and 1

Seventh drive: 0/1 holding declined on 3rd down incomplete pass on 3rd and 8

Eighth drive: 0/1 sacked for a safety on 3rd and 11

Ninth drive: 1/1 10 yds Illegal block in the back negates first down pass

Where would you like him to improve? Is he suppose to convert every third down? Complete every pass? With the opportunities he was given, he played very very well. I'm not even going to put qualifiers, such as 'for his ninth career start', on his performance. He played well regardless...

I actually think that drew just gets a bad rap....he's only trying to be fair to the other team....."seven points for us, seven for them....seven more for us, another seven for them...."

Yeah, except I wasn't talking about Bledsoe......

:o

Not only did you mention Bledsoe three times, you even used his name in the title! Yet somebody else turned it into a Bledsoe thread?! :D:lol::lol:

Whatever, I'm done.

Thank heavens for small miracles.

Ahhh yes, the current master of ceremonies of the Dead Horse Beater's Club.

Interesting timing for his 3,643rd Drew Bledsoe thread considering that, with all due respect to Chris Simms and Mike Nugent, Bledsoe may well have been the very worst player in the NFL yesterday.

769611[/snapback]

I guess you didn't see the Packers/Bears "contest"....Brett Favre played, perhaps, as bad a game as I have seen any vetran QB play in a long, long time...true, he doesn't have near the support around him that Bledsoe has, but he is declining rapidly in all facets of his game...as a Favre fan, I so wish he would have hung it up after last season...this could be a very ugly season for him...

As for Bledsoe, I have always supported him as well...he was awful yesterday. From my observations of that game, I honeslty think the whole fiasco with Owens this summer, finally took its' toll...the entire Cowboys offense, which had looked sharp in preseason, looked out of synch the whole day. Bledsoe seemed to not know how to deal with Owens on the field. Once they fell behind, he just started chucking the ball to Owens at every opportunity (as you are supposed to do with Owens, they say!), and the Jags took advantage...I suspect the Cowboys will rebound strong in the coming weeks...Blesoe may be trying something new, starting bad, finishing strong....

I find this argument to be vapid and completely incorrect.  If Bledsoe played error free (I dont consider the safety a mistake by Losman, but by our O-line) football, with a 65% completion rate and 164 yards on 15 completions, we'd have all been happy.  How often did Bledsoe only take 3 sacks in a game?  How often was Bledsoe able to avoid the rush and make a play like Losman did yesterday? 

Also, something that I haven't seen brought up too much, the game was unbelievably short, with only 50 offensive plays for the Bills.  This is pretty much due to the Bills inability to stop the rush, keeping the clock running.  I dont see how you can discount Losman's ability to put points on the board when the game was going to be low scoring by default. 

Losman's stats by drive

First drive: Losman 4/5 43 yds

Second drive: 3/3 36 yds

Third drive: 0/1 incomplete on third and 6

Fourth drive: 1/2 6 yds, after being sacked by unblocked Colvin on 1st and 10

Fifth drive: 2/4 19 yds incomplete on third and 7

Sixth drive: 4/5 50yds Drive stalls at 7 when McGahee is stopped on 4th and 1

Seventh drive: 0/1 holding declined on 3rd down incomplete pass on 3rd and 8

Eighth drive: 0/1 sacked for a safety on 3rd and 11

Ninth drive: 1/1 10 yds Illegal block in the back negates first down pass

Where would you like him to improve?  Is he suppose to convert every third down?  Complete every pass?  With the opportunities he was given, he played very very well.  I'm not even going to put qualifiers, such as 'for his ninth career start', on his performance.  He played well regardless...

770342[/snapback]

Very well said.