Pats cut fast Freddy!!!!!!!!!!

Eric/Hawaii

I seriously cannot believe what a bunch of sissys Bills fans have turned into...this thread couldn't be any funnier than if the staff of the Onion or, more appropriately, the Brushback had started it....are you people serious? I only wish I could remember the guys name, but I swear to god, the Bills did the exact same thing with, I believe, an offensive linemen from Miami a few years back...during the TD era, IIRC...folks here called it brilliant, and even referenced the move a few times, as if it was/should be common practice for the Bills from now on...

Don't feel tool bad for Freddie....he got cut on the final cuts, I can hardly believe that being a New England Patriot, even if only on paper, for a few days (probably got a few thousand bucks for the inconvenience), was a staggering blow to his NFL career...seriously, if the guy wasn't good enough to make the Bills 53 man roster, it is likely his other opportunities in the NFL are going to come bumping around from roster to roster...

I haven't seen Freddies release anywhere official, but assuming it is true, did it ever dawn on anyone that, perhaps, the guy just wasn't as good as the Patriots thought? Or that they have sources around the leauge who told them that David Boston and Todd Pinkston, two receicvers of admittedly dubious distinction, with much more playing time than Fast Freddie, were going to be released?

Holy crap, just relax....OC let your sister sleep....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to make it one word.

Anyway, I don't know why I should be embarrassed that my team's coach has a knowledge of the player acquisition system and uses it to his advantage.

Which words, now?

I live in New York.

766378[/snapback]

You don't get it, do you? It's not about the Patriots vs. the Bills. Your coach just !@#$ed with a guy's season - and possibly NFL career - by picking him off waivers with no intention of keeping him beyond the first week.

There's an unwritten code of honor in the pro business that Belichick hasn't grasped. Our current Bills coaching staff, despite whatever happens on the football field this season, have at least treated their players with respect throughout the preseason - as something more than a collection of impersonal cogs in a machine.

But you're not going to change your mind on this subject. You're a troll whose team can never do wrong. You will probably beat us tomorrow and may very likely win a weak division, but your team is clearly on the decline. The Freddie fiasco may or may not be further evidence that Belichick can sense his team slipping. And when the death of your "dynasty" is complete, I will enjoy watching all you Pats fans quit following your team like you did during most of your franchise's history.

I understand perfectly.

Says the guy who assigned character traits to me when he thought I lived in MA.

Just correcting a stated falsehood.  It's kind of a habit.

766382[/snapback]

I have never seen a person miss a point/obfuscate more than you. Wow. Well, as it appears you are focused on process instead of content, and, since I am always inclined to teach rather than ridicule, let's start at the beginning. I will keep it simple I promise.

I have no idea who you are. Web boards are built that way - on purpose. These things were originally used for decision support systems=say what you will without being held personally accountable=tell your boss his ideas are crap without being fired. Me baiting you with Ted Kennedy or whatever else is the only way we can possibly hope to glean real info, since simply asking you stuff gives you the opportunity to lie(thinking vs. emotion)=ask The Dean or Alaska Darin cause they do it here all the time.

Now, I did get something out of you in terms of where you live. However, none of this really matters - like I said, and you have yet to speak to my point which is:

Doing what BB did to Freddie may be a "smart" tactic but it is dishonorable.

What say you about that?

This time I am asking about content of character not f'ing about with minutia. If you still want to parse words then I am done with you and your posts because you are a waste of time(from our earlier discussions I don't believe that is true). If you can't respond to that one simple point then one of two things are true:

1. You don't know any better and hey - like I said, bless your soul

2. You do know better and you are obfuscating = ducking the question and changing the subject

Either way, I would be embarassed if we ever pulled a stunt like this - glad we're not u.

I seriously cannot believe what a bunch of sissys Bills fans have turned into...this thread couldn't be any funnier than if the staff of the Onion or, more appropriately, the Brushback had started it....are you people serious?  I only wish I could remember the guys name, but I swear to god, the Bills did the exact same thing with, I believe, an offensive linemen from Miami a few years back...during the TD era, IIRC...folks here called it brilliant, and even referenced the move a few times, as if it was/should be common practice for the Bills from now on...

Don't feel tool bad for Freddie....he got cut on the final cuts, I can hardly believe that being a New England Patriot, even if only on paper, for a few days (probably got a few thousand bucks for the inconvenience), was a staggering blow to his NFL career...seriously, if the guy wasn't good enough to make the Bills 53 man roster, it is likely his other opportunities in the NFL are going to come bumping around from roster to roster...

I haven't seen Freddies release anywhere official, but assuming it is true, did it ever dawn on anyone that, perhaps, the guy just wasn't as good as the Patriots thought? Or that they have sources around the leauge who told them that David Boston and Todd Pinkston, two receicvers of admittedly dubious distinction, with much more playing time than Fast Freddie, were going to be released? 

766384[/snapback]

Hell, she just called me! We have a weird thing going - all of us in my family - don't ask. She can't wait till the game and she just got home. So whattda want? Look, don't freak out on me. Everything you are saying is possible. I mean, after all, the guy was 3rd string. I just like messing with Hollywood. More importantly, this has to be recognized for what it is - gayness. What does this say about the Pats this year? However lame this is, something is up. Most importantly - this guy is a good dude, and I don't like to see good people messed with over a whim.

Please explain the similarities between the Patriots' release of Jonathan Smith and same-sex relationships.

766391[/snapback]

Let me state, from the outset HD, I hope to hell that the Bills crush the Patriots later on today (you have to have dreams, or all you have is nightmares), but let me apologize on behalf of the sane element of "Bills-nation", for what has spiraled into one of the most hilarious/idiotic (football) threads I have read in my years on TSW....I think that worrying about how this move by the Patriots will affect the outcome of this game, or Jonathan Smiths' NFL career is perhaps the "gayest" thing going...god it has been a long off-season....

The question now is: did Smith get a hold of the Patriots playbook before getting cut (assuming it's the "real" one  :lol: )?

Because if I were Smith, and I had that playbook, I'd be calling up Jauron now and getting even with Belichick. The Bills may have cut Smith as well, but at least they did it with dignity.

PS: Belichick is a d-bag off the football field as well. Messing with some other man's wife? Remember that little offseason news clip? I hope the guy dies of terminal cancer real !@#$ing soon.

766180[/snapback]

I bet Smith probably did get a hold of the Pats "real" play book. Of course this is the play book that has connect the dots and coloring involved. And it's labeled the "super secret playbook" and it has two plays, "the pass" and "the run". Authored by Einstein McGahee himself.

BB pulled a fast one. You wish cancer on him, I wish a very slow farming accident on him. I'd like to see someone slap him in his stupid face.

It is clear a few other shoes have to drop on this one.

I think the most useful piece of info is going to be to find out how Fast Freddy feels about this.

If he feels O.K. about how he was treated by BB and the Pats then end of story. If BB were hpnest with him about the possibilities (which we cannot know) or Fast Freddy was appropriately cynical about how a team can treat a player, or the last hired, first fired view of life many have comes into play here for FFS's thinking then end of story.

Also if he feels intimidated enough that he cannot decide what actions to take in a timely way last night because he does not wanna get a rep as a player who is a malcontent even when he has good reason to be he might not want to fight with a team when is looking for work with a team.

However, if he feels abused there will be several options for retaliatory actions from sharing whatever info he shared with the Pats with the Bills so we know what they know and also what info he has about the Pats, to working out a strategy with NFLPA pres TV, to what I think is the big potential problem for BB is that if this an example of he and Pioli abusing an NFLPA member with effects on the player's career (for example, FFS had a more lucrative offer on the table from a dog such as Cleeland and chose the Pats instead and is now hosed, then a chunk of NFLPA members who happen to be Pats may feel very bad about this and we may see some of the dissension which occured when BB tried to roll Milloy and got rolled himself in many ways.

Interestingly, i wonder if part of this in the mind of BB was payback to the Bills for their late signing and getting perspective and potentially info from Milloy priot to our 31-0 victory in the opener against the Pats.

They are completely different cases as Milloy was paid a king's ransom and kept a good long time by the Bills rather than FFS waling out the back door as soon as he walked in the door. However, BB is renowned for looking at the world differently than normal folk (sometimes to his advantage.

Brilliant move by the pats... if that's what they really did. I'm assuming he just wasn't good enough to make the roster. But, if this was really a ploy to steal gameplans, what a smart ploy indeed.

This is why the pats have mulitple rings and the Bills have 0..

And I'll save the person who wants to say "I'd rather have integrity than a SB ring"... well, 1) You're lying, and 2) This is football. Get over it.

Boo hoo.

Fast Freddy made more in 2 years as a practice squad stiff playing a game than most working people do in 10.

Ya, I'm sorry he got an opportunity most fans of the game would dream of.

Good move by Belichek, although I don't think it is going to help much.

I hate the fuggin' Pats and their bandwagon fans. (Not you HD, we know you've been a fan since at least the 2001 season.)

Off to Gillette.

RTB

Boo hoo.

Fast Freddy made more in 2 years as a practice squad stiff playing a game than most working people do in 10.

Ya, I'm sorry he got an opportunity most fans of the game would dream of.

Good move by Belichek, although I don't think it is going to help much.

I hate the fuggin' Pats and their bandwagon fans. (Not you HD, we know you've been a fan since at least the 2001 season.)

Off to Gillette.

RTB

766460[/snapback]

have fun and be loud

if the a successful coach of the bills had done it, it goes without saying that everyone here would be crowing about said coach's genius.

766299[/snapback]

I wouldn't. It's a sleazy move no matter who is doing it.

Even if it totally fukks a player and may help end his season or career?

766318[/snapback]

you're joking, right? he couldn't make what by most accounts (although not by mine, to an extent) is one of the weaker rosters in the league. He probably pocketed $25-50 thousand for a few days work in NE, and didn't get hurt. he now can sign elsewhere.

I seriously cannot believe what a bunch of sissys Bills fans have turned into...this thread couldn't be any funnier than if the staff of the Onion or, more appropriately, the Brushback had started it....are you people serious?  I only wish I could remember the guys name, but I swear to god, the Bills did the exact same thing with, I believe, an offensive linemen from Miami a few years back...during the TD era, IIRC...folks here called it brilliant, and even referenced the move a few times, as if it was/should be common practice for the Bills from now on...

766384[/snapback]

thank you - my thoughts exactly.