Pats cut fast Freddy!!!!!!!!!!

Eric/Hawaii

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BELICHICK used fast freddy just to get info on the Bills then cut him <24 before game time. what a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=397

766041[/snapback]

Unbelievable! I figured that Freddy would not know much about the actual game plan to provide any help but he could at least have tied certain plays and tendencies to the different formations.

Bellichek was quoted as saying they were trying to get Freddy ready to play and that he had much to learn. Hmmm. :lol:

belichick has done this before,  but i forgot what player/team it was. in any case, if the a successful coach of the bills had done it, it goes without saying that everyone here would be crowing about said coach's genius. props to belichick -- it was a smart move that'll probably help his team.

766299[/snapback]

Even if it totally fukks a player and may help end his season or career?

Even if it totally fukks a player and may help end his season or career?

766318[/snapback]

Exactly. That's the point here. The benefit to the Patriots is slim to none. They can get virtually nothing from Freddy that they couldn't garner from film of St. Louis last season. There is nothing to "pick" in Freddy's head. Not because he's dumb, but because there was no gameplan in place.

But, for the player, there is everything to lose. If BB did this in an underhanded way (and not told Smith his intentions), then he basically fukked over Smith for no reason at all. There is nothing to gain for the Pats from a strategy perspective, but everything for Smith to lose from a career perspective.

Let's review some things about BB. He agreed to be Jets coach, then resigned the next day. He constantly refuses to give accurate injury reports to the media. And the cherry on top, the man had a affair with another man's wife. :doh:

So while the Gabriel move can explain some things, he is the type of "character" who would use a player for something like this. It's funny because the Pats always try and have character guys on their roster. However, their coach is a scumbag, plain and simple. A great coach but a scumbag. Eff him, his dirty hooded sweatshirt, the Pats, and their bandwagon fans. Go Bills!!! :lol:

I'm not one to toot my own hor or anything but I'd like to thank myself..........

:lol::doh::lol:

I think this was a good move on Belichik's behalf.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Fast Freddy got Fingered" get cut after the first couple of games by the Pats because his usefulness will be gone after the BB game.

It could be possible:

That maybe he was signed because Belichik knows that he's at a slight disadvantage going into the opening game. (banged up defense, no real threats at WR and an aging back in Dillon)  Fast Freddy can give SOME insight (not tons) into the Bills O-scheme.  Not necessarily secret plays but he probably could indicate to Coach B what  the Bills 'O' has been using and what has been more prominent and successful in practice.  Maybe indicate what the Bills "had in store" for the Pats as far as some simple plays that they may use.  I'm certainly not saying that FF has all the schemes but if he can give Coach B. a 10% greater understanding of Buffalo's O then I would say it's worth it.  It's not like FF is going to cost the Pats millions.

Coach Belichik is very smart and this does give him some advantage in the play predicting scheme of things.

On the contrary:

I do know that FF is supposed to be a punt return threat but using the NFL standard of "what have you done for me lately?" he hasn't done crap.  He had a virtually dead year last year (not necessarily because of talent but because of the coaching situation) and I could not possibly think that Belichik would sign him based on one return roughly two years ago.

761652[/snapback]

For anyone that cares I figured I would start a thread on our opposite numbers website:

Gay crap

I apologize to any people that are actually gay, but I'm pissed and PC stuff doesn't apply in this situation.

Hollywood Donahoe should be embarassed to say one more word on this website. If s/he does - it just proves all of the points that have been made so far about Patriots fans.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!12 hours and Counting!!!!!!

Someone has hinted at this before, but if Smith was pumped for information and then cut, I think he would notice it.

I would think, then, that he would rat out BB on this tactic.

My feeling and hope is that he is one of those players that a team thinks is a steal on the waiver wire but then it turns out there was a reason why he was cut the week before.

I say if B. did lead Freddy to believe he wanted him on the team, signed him only to pump him for info, it's sleazy no matter if it's within the rules.

And it depresses me to think how many people are just fine with it. Someone once said, in another context, that "Society only works when people do more than the law requires and less than it allows."  Yet the country is full of people who think that's a loser's attitude.  It makes the U.S. an uglier place to live. No wonder we're on the skids, heading for the third world.

Pardon my editorial comment.

766131[/snapback]

I agree with about where we are heading. And sports today, whether it is amateur or pro, is symptomatic of what our society has become. Whatever it takes to win is what it's all about. You have CEOs in prison, Barry Bonds, and all sorts of other losers like the idiot ice hockey coach, in the amateur league I coached in, who left the bench when one of the kids on my team received a penalty against his team, went around the rink to the penalty box, and proceeded to punch out my kid. When my kid's parents intervened, someone called the police.

So by contrast to what else is going on these days, what BB did is actually kind of tame.

For anyone that cares I figured I would start a thread on our opposite numbers website:

Gay crap

766348[/snapback]

You're fishing in an empty pond... 11 members on their board. With 60 or so of us over here (and 60 more guests !) we will likely outnumber THEM over there thanks to you. I hope they rub their sleepy eyes open tomorrow and respond but I fear that they are not worthy.

You're fishing in an empty pond... 11 members on their board. With 60 or so of us over here (and 60 more guests !) we will likely outnumber THEM over there thanks to you. I hope they rub their sleepy eyes open tomorrow and respond but I fear that they are not worthy.

766368[/snapback]

Right, but I really don't care what they have to say at this point. Win or lose tomorrow they are lame. That's true and even they know it - so I'm done. We have what's known as honor - they don't. What else is there to say?

Right, but I really don't care what they have to say at this point.

766371[/snapback]

Oh, you're going to have a look before breakfast. It is worth a temporary bookmark from me. The post was above and beyond simple trolling -- it was gay crap ! :lol:

If you have to ask then I am questioning your integrity.

I just wanted to make it one word.

Anyway, I don't know why I should be embarrassed that my team's coach has a knowledge of the player acquisition system and uses it to his advantage.

Where I come from those are fighting words.

Which words, now?

But, hey I am sure that you would want to find a way to talk it out being from Ted Kennedy land and all.

I live in New York.

I just wanted to make it one word.

Anyway, I don't know why I should be embarrassed that my team's coach has a knowledge of the player acquisition system and uses it to his advantage.

Which words, now?

I live in New York.

766378[/snapback]

Y'know I had no doubt about that one word thing for a second - predictable. The rest is what it is. You either understand our you don't. Figure it out for yourself. My point is if you don't get it, you ain't ever gonna get it. Btw, where you live is not who you are, but you walked into that one. If you think that the answer to my post is "I live in NY", man, bless your soul - somebody's got to.

You either understand our you don't.

I understand perfectly.

Btw, where you live is not who you are...

Says the guy who assigned character traits to me when he thought I lived in MA.

If you think that the answer to my post is "I live in NY", man, bless your soul - somebody's got to.

Just correcting a stated falsehood. It's kind of a habit.