Pats cut fast Freddy!!!!!!!!!!

Eric/Hawaii

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichick can just ask Tedy for forgiveness....

Oh well..hope it was worth the money for Fast Freddy to spill his guts..

He has to have digested at least some of the playbook and gameplan--maybe turnabout will be fair play...I am sure Fast Freddie will visit his Bills buddies tonight..

"That fan" that Chris Brown is referring to in his blog today is me. I knew this would happen because Bam Childress blew everyone away at camp and picking up smith made no sense. Three cheers to my gut. (Genuflect!)

766064[/snapback]

Nice one, nodnarb. It did make sense to me, because the Pats do need PRs and KRs. And normally, I do not mind teams doing whatever they can within the rules to help themselves out. But if this was pretty much pre-meditated, and it might not have been (BB could genuinely have been unimpressed with Smith's WR skills), it's incredibly bad, because it really affects a player's life. Jonathan Smith has a LOT less chance of being signed by another team now, a day before the season starts and after being cut by two teams in a week. Because BB is never going to admit publicly that Smith was "used". And since Freddie cannot be put on any PS, his career or at least his season may be completely fukked. He might be out of football this year and for good, when he probably has enough talent to play in this league. You cannot mess with a man's life like that, IMO.

"That fan" that Chris Brown is referring to in his blog today is me. I knew this would happen because Bam Childress blew everyone away at camp and picking up smith made no sense. Three cheers to my gut. (Genuflect!)

766064[/snapback]

You are Bruschi like :o Seriously--did not see that coming--good call nod...you got into the !@#$ed up mind of Bill "I covet team receptionists" Belichick

We can hold out hope that Freddie saw it coming and told him things like...

Bills will run the single wing

Mike Mularkey is still calling the plays--Fairchild has him on Video conference from Miami

Etc...

At first I figured this would happen as well, because I was thinking that the Pats didn't want to guarantee Smith's salary by having him on the opening day roster. However I just realized he's not a vested veteran and that doesn't apply. I think that Smith proved to be useless as a source of info, WR, and even punt returner, which is what worried me more than the other stuff (although not that much since the Bills have the much better ST's unit).

ahh yes, another example of us, holier than thou, bills fans!  man we would never do anything like that, that is just dirty pool.  Gimme a break, its called strategy and fast freddy probably got paid more than he is worth from the patriots! :o

766087[/snapback]

I've always felt I disliked you for something other than your Deliverance avatar.

Now you're reminding me.

Give you a break? Strategy? And if he is now out of football, is that cool by you?

Yea we cut him so we shouldn't care. But he signed him and intended to cut him and now he won't catch on anywhere. Maybe someone else with better intentions was willing to give the guy a shot.

Then again maybe you're right and I'm just being stupid about it.