Sabres Jerseys Coming Next Saturday

PTS

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But see, the Banana Slugs are cool, you can completely get behind a team that calls themselves the banana slugs. But call yourself sabres, and then unveil that monstrosity...

I can't even bring myself to make fun of you all for it, the thing is just so bad....

But see, the Banana Slugs are cool, you can completely get behind a team that calls themselves the banana slugs. But call yourself sabres, and then unveil that monstrosity...

I can't even bring myself to make fun of you all for it, the thing is just so bad....

768335[/snapback]

That about sums it up for me. Take a poll. When people ask which teams have the best uniforms, it's always is the original six. When was the last time you heard that an expansion team or team with revised uniforms had "great uniforms?" The only one that comes to mind is the Avalanche? Look at Vancouver or LA. They've stumbled through the last few decades, throwing out atrocity after atrocity. There was nothing wrong with the original Sabres uniforms.

I work with "Ivy League" marketing schleps every day (and I myself only have 2 classes to go for my MBA), so I know where this crap is coming from. They probably have reams of data from mall intercept groups of people who wouldn't know a puck from a donut, but all the numbers say yes. The problem is that people will buy it for the kids at Xmas because it's new. We get the same crap with Coke. Schiatt...Diet Coke with Bacon...what the hell, I'll try it. And the schlep gets patted on the back for a job well done.

The Sabres at least had an idea ahead of time of public acceptance. Quinn has no excuse. He's well aware of how people feel considering the backlash. Obviously he had no contingency plan in place and now we get stuck with this. If they had a contest for elemntary schoold to submit your design for the new Sabres logo I'd give it a pass, but to get something like this from a professional designer. Dude...axe yourself know...only way your work will be worth anything.

Why not bring back the original Blue and Gold? Seriously, these guys had a chance to bring back the most classic looking uniform (imo) in Buffalo sports history. Why settle for this uniform? Am I in the minority here if I say I would rather keep the current uniforms than switch to this? I mean they aren't completely terrible but in my eyes they aren't as nice as the black and red. I'm not going to say I hate them until I actually see the players sporting them. For now just ---> Blah.