Sabres Jerseys Coming Next Saturday

PTS

Schiatt...Diet Coke with Bacon...what the hell, I'll try it.

768957[/snapback]

Oooh, Diet Coke with Bacon?!? BRILLIANT!

This is probably the worse reaction I've seen to new uniforms, and I really think this time, that some uproar from the crowd and fans will get some reaction. Cause those things truly stink.

As for my team? Original six. Modest changes throught the years, and only one sweater that I truly didn't like.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not bring back the original Blue and Gold?  Seriously, these guys had a chance to bring back the most classic looking uniform (imo) in Buffalo sports history.  Why settle for this uniform?  Am I in the minority here if I say I would rather keep the current uniforms than switch to this?  I mean they aren't completely terrible but in my eyes they aren't as nice as the black and red.  I'm not going to say I hate them until I actually see the players sporting them.  For now just ---> Blah.

769013[/snapback]

I never thought it could be possible because I despised the goathead, but these unis could end up being worse. Based on logo alone goathead > slug, but that's just by asking myself which one sucks less. I'll wait until I see the full slug uni before making a decison but I'm not very hopeful.

Let's just wait to see the whole uniform. The new logo isn't great but it seems like people are bashing it more than it needs to be. People hated the goat head too. I think it's a nice complement to wear the retro uni's 12 times a year. I really don't think we need to go retro full time. Leave that era behind. It's not like we ever won a Stanley Cup in the original duds.

Let's just wait to see the whole uniform.  The new logo isn't great  but it seems like people are bashing it more than it needs to be. People hated the goat head too.  I think it's a nice complement to wear the retro uni's 12 times a year.  I really don't think we need to go retro full time.  Leave that era behind.  It's not like we ever won a Stanley Cup in the original duds.

769179[/snapback]

Fag.

That about sums it up for me. Take a poll. When people ask which teams have the best uniforms, it's always is the original six. When was the last time you heard that an expansion team or team with revised uniforms had "great uniforms?" The only one that comes to mind is the Avalanche? Look at Vancouver or LA. They've stumbled through the last few decades, throwing out atrocity after atrocity. There was nothing wrong with the original Sabres uniforms.

768957[/snapback]

I'd like to see some proof of that.

I have never heard someone say that the Leafs or the Canadians have the best uniforms in the league.

They may sell the most uniforms, but that is only because they have such a huge fanbase that buys them

I have heard alot of other fans around the league who have said they believe the current Sabres uniform is one of the best in the league right now and don't know why they would want to change.

There is nothing wrong with the Sabres original uniforms except that they are out dated and were not selling that well before they changed. You can't go back to the old uniforms after the success Buffalo has had with the current ones. The only way it would work is if the logo and uniform was based on the original design but modified to make it a little more modern. I don't think many of the anti new logo people will be happy unless they go back to the old uniform and that one of the biggest reasons they dislike the new logo is just because its not the original one.

Oh well, atleast the uniform change had one good thing for me, I just picked up an official black sabres jersey for $50 canadian from a local sports store <_<

I have never heard someone say that the Leafs or the Canadians have the best uniforms in the league.

They may sell the most uniforms, but that is only because they have such a huge fanbase that buys them

769317[/snapback]

My bad...the Coyotes have the best uniforms in the league.

769317[/snapback]

You're kidding right?

Just about every hockey fan I know lists Toronto's and/or Montreal's jerseys as two of the best in the league. Toronto's jersey is my personal favorite followed by the Flyers and these are two teams I absolutely hate.

Personally, I love all the traditional looking jerseys ... Islanders, Flyers, Oilers. These jerseys echo tradition and excellence. The Coyotes did a great job with their new uniform as well.

Bring back the Sabres old logo and modernizing the colors would have been just what the doctored order. Then you make your alternate jersey "more modern" ie Rangers third jersey.

Here is a pic of the new logo on the pants, from SabreSFans.com

Guess the rookies are wearing some of the new duds today and we got a sneak peak.

http://usera.imagecave.com/sakiawarner/sabres.jpg

I dont know...it doesnt look SO bad when its got a blue background behind it and the word "Sabres" underneath it.

http://usera.imagecave.com/sakiawarner/sabres.jpg

I dont know...it doesnt look SO bad when its got a blue background behind it and the word "Sabres" underneath it.

769868[/snapback]

it really IS that bad tho. I can take a dump on my desk here at work, and just because i write the word "CRAP" under it in fancy script, doesnt make it any better looking.

it really IS that bad tho. I can take a dump on my desk here at work, and just because i write the word "CRAP" under it in fancy script, doesnt make it any better looking.

769939[/snapback]

Larry Quinn and Mike Schoop disagree. You have to see the dump in context!

769939[/snapback]

Not like I'm all of a sudden buying into Quinn's crap that this is the greatest logo in the world...I still think its pretty hideous.

But if my options unfortunately are crappy logo by itself or crappy logo with a few other things that make it look slightly LESS crappy...I'm going with the latter.

Not like I'm all of a sudden buying into Quinn's crap that this is the greatest logo in the world...I still think its pretty hideous.

But if my options unfortunately are crappy logo by itself or crappy logo with a few other things that make it look slightly LESS crappy...I'm going with the latter.

769958[/snapback]

The latest rumor is the sabres "B" logo is on the upper chest on the right side (opposite where the captains C would be on the other side). So I guess it's possible the slug won't be across the chest.