Does Shaud Williams wash the coach's car?

Toledo Bill

I'm sorry, but how does this guy make the team? I must be missing something, but he does not seem to be a viable option from the running back position. I have not noticed him as being a great special-teamer, either, This, in my opinion, is the type of player that belongs on a 3 and 13 team. Please tell me what I am missing here.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but how does this guy make the team? I must be missing something, but he does not seem to be a viable option from the running back position. I have not noticed him as being a great special-teamer, either, This, in my opinion, is the type of player that belongs on a 3 and 13 team. Please tell me what I am missing here.

Thanks

760407[/snapback]

I agree with you, If you have two guys competing for the #2 spot wouldnt the loser fall to the #3 spot instead of keeping the guy who wasnt even in the competition for the #2 spot

Thanks

760407[/snapback]

I am in agreement with you here, but it appears the coaches just felt that having a back that offers something different than AT is a good idea.

Thanks

760407[/snapback]

Williams is the type of player you find on 13 and 3 teams. In addition to being an efficient running back, He can return punts, kickoffs, can tackle, is a leader on the field and off, is faster then Gates, is not afraid to run inside the tackles like Gates was last year (Result, Gates, no playing time).

How many yards would Gates have gained on those hopeless third down and forever draw plays that Williams was asked to run over and over?

Fortunately, Levy and the coaching staff know an excellent player when they see one. Unfortunately, not too many posters on this board do.

Sorry folks if you disagree with me but this was a no brainer.

Williams is the type of player you find on 13 and 3 teams. In addition to being an efficient running back, He can return punts, kickoffs, can tackle, is a leader on the field and off, is faster then Gates, is not afraid to run inside the tackles like Gates was last year (Result, Gates, no playing time).

How many yards would Gates have gained on those hopeless third down and forever draw plays that Williams was asked to run over and over?

Fortunately, Levy and the coaching staff know an excellent player when they see one. Unfortunately, not too many posters on this board do.

760451[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding me! I will give SW one thing, and that is he plays with alot of heart. However, he just isn't pro material! C'mon man, you're partial because he played for the Tide! If you were really honest with yourself, you'd admit that he is practice squad at best!

You've got to be kidding me! I will give SW one thing, and that is he plays with alot of heart. However, he just isn't pro material! C'mon man, you're partial because he played for the Tide! If you were really honest with yourself, you'd admit that he is practice squad at best!

760455[/snapback]

Once again, here is a poster who can evaluate talent better then the folks who do this for a living.

Shaud returns kicks.  They cut Jonathan Smith.  It was either Shaud or Smith,  IMO, and they already had 6 WRs and only 2 RBs.

760444[/snapback]

Shaud would very likely be the third PR behind Parrish and Clements and the third KR behind McGee and Davis. He's simply not needed at all in the return game and he doesn't add much in coverage.

760451[/snapback]

I agree.......people think we can sign strictly big names.......thats why we havent been in the Playoffs in yrssssssss

760451[/snapback]

If his performances define an "excellent player'... I guess "no-brainer" appropriately applies here.

i must be in the minority here, but i actually like Shaud Williams and think he's a good RB

760529[/snapback]

Well I agree with you that he's a decent RB and that's why he's on the team. He's fine as a 3rd teamer, no upside really but he can come in and add a spark with quickness.

I disagree with those that say he made it because of his special teams ability. He adds nothing to special teams. Just because you can stick him back there returning kickoffs or punts doesn't mean he's any good at it.