Does Shaud Williams wash the coach's car?

Toledo Bill

I agree with you, If you have two guys competing for the #2 spot wouldnt the loser fall to the #3 spot instead of keeping the guy who wasnt even in the competition for the #2 spot

760408[/snapback]

Its based on what they bring to the table- maybe they thought Williams was a better change of pace than Gates

I have no quarrels with Shaud, he puts his ass on the line against guys who tower over him and he isn't afraid to look like a fool on those 3rd and 37 plays. He even impressed last year on some, gaining back most of that yardage and putting us in to field goal range on a few select plays. He's lithe, can tackle, and is very, very quick.

Again, no quarrels with the guy, more power to him

Williams is the type of player you find on 13 and 3 teams. In addition to being an efficient running back, He can return punts, kickoffs, can tackle, is a leader on the field and off, is faster then Gates, is not afraid to run inside the tackles like Gates was last year (Result, Gates, no playing time).

How many yards would Gates have gained on those hopeless third down and forever draw plays that Williams was asked to run over and over?

Fortunately, Levy and the coaching staff know an excellent player when they see one. Unfortunately, not too many posters on this board do.

Sorry folks if you disagree with me but this was a no brainer.

760451[/snapback]

I agree 110%. The man has abilities that only the coaches have seen so far. Let the coaches coach...

Here is what it comes down to. The current coaching staff (unlike one's in the past) actually know more about football and talent than we (a bunch of guys and gals on an internet message board) do ... that simple ... they obviously see something with Shaud Williams that was more valuable than was Gates. How is that hard to understand?

Here is what it comes down to. The current coaching staff (unlike one's in the past) actually know more about football and talent than we (a bunch of guys and gals on an internet message board) do ... that simple

761046[/snapback]

Thanks Captain Obvious. I don't think most here believe they know more than the coaching staff or front office, but does that mean no one should state their opinion on what is going on with their favorite team.

:w00t::lol:

Thanks Captain Obvious.  I don't think most here believe they know more than the coahing staff or front office, but does that mean no one should state their opinion on what is going on with their favorite team.

:w00t:  :lol:

761048[/snapback]

Well first mate ... I never told anyone not to state their opinion. But many posters were stating as a fact that Gates was more valuable than Williams and in a backward sense was saying that the coaching staff was making a bad move by cutting Gates.

Now am I allowed to give my opinion or are you going to get mad at me?

- captain daquix -