Bills Cut Roster to 53

Matt in KC

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that - I thought Merz and Pennington were headed for PS.  Also caught my attention: DiGiorgio over Ezekial?  I'm also glad they kept Powell, he showed me a little something in the preseason.

759883[/snapback]

I think DiGiorgio showed up more than Liam. and then there's that character thing.....Liam is a psycho!!! :w00t:

The cuts are easy to explain:

Special Teams

First, this is Marv we're talking about - a former ST coach who understands the importance of that unit. Second, this team is barely going to compete on offense and defense, nomatter who they kept or cut today. ST is the one area the Bills can excel at, and as we all know (and Marv knows) it can change a game. That explains: Wire, Shaud Williams, Haggan/Stamer, etc. Not really surprised.

Good for DiGiorgio.

Coy Wire may have been kept because Bowen is hurt and may not be ready for the opener. You need a back-up free safety, especially if you're keeping two rookies. And while Wire is surely deserving of some of his whipping boy status, this now makes three different staffs that have kept him. That is saying something.

I am surprised by a couple of them. Shaud over Gates doesn't make a lot of sense to me, except that Gates and Thomas are pretty similar players. Shaud adds very little on ST because he would the #3 PR and probably the #3 KR and doesn't stand out at all on the coverage teams.