Props to JP, haters...

Only time will tell if he's really turning the corner and will be the guy the envisioned when they traded back into the first round to get him, or if he's the next Darick Holmes, who led the NFL in rushing in the preseason.

Personally, I'm betting on it being more the former than the latter.

Wow, he even beat Bruce Gradkowski and Cleo Lemon.

In all seriousness though, last night felt great to watch. JP was poised and you could see him go through his progressions and make the right read every time. (Except the firts pass, but what a grab by Peerless.)

Wow, he even beat Bruce Gradkowski and Cleo Lemon.

In all seriousness though, last night felt great to watch. JP was poised and you could see him go through his progressions and make the right read every time. (Except the firts pass, but what a grab by Peerless.)

758440[/snapback]

Things to note:

A near 70% completion %.

500+ yards in just over a game and a half's worth of work.

2TD and 2INT.

Things to note:

A near 70% completion %.

500+ yards in just over a game and a half's worth of work.

2TD and 2INT.

758447[/snapback]

And he looked as comfortable in the pocket as he would be sitting in his favorite chair in his living room.

Check out his statline for the preseason. 4th in the NFL in passing.

Number 4 in preseason passing yardage.....wow :lol::lol:

You forgot to point out he was number 3 in pass attempts right behind Matt Cassel and Tony Romo! :o:D

Number 4 in preseason passing yardage.....wow  :lol:  :lol:

You forgot to point out he was number 3 in pass attempts right behind Matt Cassel and Tony Romo!  :o  :D

758476[/snapback]

You obviously missed the second post by me in the thread. He's got an almost 70% completion %.

Look, I know you like keeping Holcomb's balls clean, but take a break for a second and looka t the development of a QB. I think he's going to be our QB for a long time.

Check out his statline for the preseason. 4th in the NFL in passing. If he can keep that kind of poise and composure in the regular season, I think some of the polyannas might actually get it right for once. Has the worm turned for JP?

758427[/snapback]

Three plays in particular were most encouraging; two 3rd and 7 completions, and then drawing Detroit offsides on 3rd and 5 inside the 10-yard line with his cadence to get a 1/2-the-distance penalty and an easy 3rd down pickup for McGahee.

The kid is definitely growing up; he'll face the toughest test of his young career in nine days though. You can bet BB will throw everything but the kitchen sink at him.

You obviously missed the second post by me in the thread. He's got an almost 70% completion %.

And yards per completion JP is ranked 23. Your buddy Holcomb is ranked 6. You've obviously missed the point of my post. These stats don't mean jack.

Hey, JP has looked better and better with each preseason game. From a ho-hum first game, a couple decent performances, to last night's clinic. He deserves full congratulations for winning the QB job fair and square, for improving each week, and for last night doing everything that he could do.

With that being said, let's see how he does in Foxboro.... As they say, the meter is now running..... ;-)

JDG

And yards per completion JP is ranked 23. Your buddy Holcomb is ranked 6. You've obviously missed the point of my post. These stats don't mean jack.

758498[/snapback]

While that could be true, it is encouraging to see Losman improving in both confidence and in decision making. Stats are secondary to that.

I do think JP is "turning the corner." While these stats show he's improving, the fact that he is "4th best" (in yards) if anything just shows there are more doubts about him than other starters, and just shows he's played more.

JP is 36th is passer rating. That said, he is going to be fun to watch this year, even with the expected boneheaded plays sprinkled in....

758498[/snapback]

Pre-season stats do not mean anything to a Tom Brady or Payton Manning. But for a young unproven QB fighting for a starting job, you better believe they matter. If JP had completed under 50% the stats would have definitely mattered, as he wouldn't be starting. So while pre-season has a lot of useless stats, don't be fooled in thinking they are all useless.

758498[/snapback]

Do you have to drop little turds on every thread you post in? The smart-ass devil's advocate is certainly an important and necessary role in most threads :lol: but this is ridiculous...

758498[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. When you remove Holcomb's longest pass (32 yards), his remaining 8 completions average 6.8 yards....