Props to JP, haters...

Pre-season stats do not mean anything to a Tom Brady or Payton Manning.  But for a young unproven QB fighting for a starting job, you better believe they matter.  If JP had completed under 50% the stats would have definitely mattered, as he wouldn't be starting.  So while pre-season has a lot of useless stats, don't be fooled in thinking they are all useless.

758516[/snapback]

Not only that, he'd certainly be citing the stats if they suited his "Negative Nancy" cause.

And yards per completion JP is ranked 23. Your buddy Holcomb is ranked 6. You've obviously missed the point of my post. These stats don't mean jack.

758498[/snapback]

Hey! Who left their douche bag laying around?

Listen, genius: Holcomb is, was and can only ever be a backup. PERIOD. If you think he's the answer, then you're certifiable.

Check out his statline for the preseason. 4th in the NFL in passing. If he can keep that kind of poise and composure in the regular season, I think some of the polyannas might actually get it right for once. Has the worm turned for JP?

758427[/snapback]

Things to note:

A near 70% completion %.

500+ yards in just over a game and a half's worth of work.

2TD and 2INT.

758447[/snapback]

Positivism?? Joe, do you have a fever? :lol:

BTW, like JP or not, anyone advocating that Holcomb be the starter here or anywhere is either a KH friend, relative, or just plain awful at judging football talent.

Only time will tell if he's really turning the corner and will be the guy the envisioned when they traded back into the first round to get him, or if he's the next Darick Holmes, who led the NFL in rushing in the preseason.

Personally, I'm betting on it being more the former than the latter.

758433[/snapback]

Nice Darick Holmes reference. Haven't heard that name in quite some time.

I was very encouraged in the Detroit game to see Losman appearing to be comfortable in a very conventional role, that of drop back passer. We all know he's very athletic, can move around and scramble. Those are important tools in his arsenal, but a lot of very athletic QBs just don't function very well when asked to be conventional. Try taming the legs of Michael Vick. Why is it important for Losman to have success in a conventional role? Versatility! If you can be a consistent drop back passer, and you are a great athlete, able to move around and scramble, defenses have a much tougher time. If they focus on taking away one thing, the versatile QB can make plays some other way. If Losman never learned how to run a controlled passing game, you can bet that defensive coordinators could render him ineffective by stopping the deep pass and containing his movement in the backfield. It's too early to say yet that he is going to be a great all around QB, but we've seen some encouraging signs in this traibning camp.