Good, and some bad news for Bills in HD

Thanks for the info. CBS is really falling behind everyone at this point with HD broadcasts. I wouldn't neccessarily trust their schedule at this point though.

I think they will also move broadcast teams and HD equipment around according to teams records. But it's good that they confirm the first two weeks if for no other reason than our opponents rather than us. I don't care, I want HD for every game now.

I wish these damn networks/cable companies/etc would hurry up and make the full transition to HD....the numbers indicate that HD sets are going out the door in record numbers, so there's no excuse not to make this happen faster than it is.

Just noticed that CBS has the opener against NE slated as one of their HD broadcasts that week.  Looks like week 2 against Miami as well.  The bad news is that from this schedule it looks like CBS is only picking up 3 games in HD again this year - very disappointing.  HD fans, enjoy :devil:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php

756832[/snapback]

I was under the impression that with the NFL ticket superfan package, most if not all of the games will be available in HD. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Fez?

CBS is ridiculous.  Buy some more HD cameras already...  :devil:  :D

757052[/snapback]

And BTW, FOX's HD broadcasts blow away CBS's. The difference is CBSHD : regular as FOXHD : CBSHD. I really think that FOX's is that much better.

I was under the impression that with the NFL ticket superfan package, most if not all of the games will be available in HD. Does anyone know if this is the case?

AFAIK, they still use the original network feeds. If CBS doesn't broadcast in HD, the only way they can telecast in HD is to do some funny business (think much of TNT-HD).

Either they only show part of the pic to get the 4:3 to fit into 16:9, or they stretch it, or some combination thereof. Further, I doubt that the original digital transmission, if it even exists is in hi-res, so think worse that Directv-HD due to the conversion.

So no, I would assume that if CBS isn't HD, then Superfan won't be either.

I have a feeling that it has less to do with the record and more to do with the Market. I bet that NE, NY, CHI, etc. have all of their games broadcast in HD.

Another reason to hate Time Warner. We don't get FOX in HD.

Fez, do you have any idea why CBS is lagging?  - broadcasting NFL games in HD seems like an absolute no-brainer...

757134[/snapback]

Especially since OLN was broadcasting the hockey games in HD. If they can afford it, CBS can afford it.

Ding Ding...we have a winner.....EXACTLY!! GET FOX IN HD TW!!!

757150[/snapback]

If you live in buffalo or in suburbia you should be able to get a local fox station in hd with a pair of rabbit ears

I have a feeling that it has less to do with the record and more to do with the Market. I bet that NE, NY, CHI, etc. have all of their games broadcast in HD.

757129[/snapback]

Not true. It's completely dependent on what games the network decides to pick up. If it's an NFC market, it's a no brainer as they're boadcasting all of their games in HD. So those markets, big or small, get them all in HD, as long as they're on FOX that week.

For the AFC, I won't claim to know what formula they use to select their games, but they only carry 3 games a week in HD (it's been that way for several years now, and no one understands why they haven't upgraded). All the other games are standard def, and it doesn't matter what market you're in. NY is a good example - kind of ridiculous that the #1 market doesn't get all it's games in HD, but when CBS doesn't pick up the Jets as one their HD games (which is often), there is nothing NY can do but grin and bear it in SD. Folks were really hoping the NFL would've stepped in this offseason and forced CBS to belly up, but that apparently hasn't happened.

I wish these damn networks/cable companies/etc would hurry up and make the full transition to HD....the numbers indicate that HD sets are going out the door in record numbers, so there's no excuse not to make this happen faster than it is.

756859[/snapback]

I work in the TV industry Directv, Inc. in particular. There is a very valid reason for it it is called Sattelites in space. A sattelite can only broadcast so much before it's capacity is maxed. Sattelites take years to make and cost billions of dollars.

This is your #1 reason as to why all channels are not broadcast in HD.

Whee! 800 dollars! You must not have any kids or a wife.

:)

Credit card ! But no, I don't have any kids or a wife.

FYI : They had tvs at best buy 18 mo. no interest. 800 dollars / 18 months aint bad.

Its worth it. It sounds cliche, but once you see a football game in HD, SD looks like someone drew it onscreen with crayons.

I saw an article on this a few months back, but can't find a link to it. Fox will again broadcast all NFL games in HD. CBS will only have ~3 games per week in HD; they will braodcast all in HD beginning in the 2007 NFL season....not sure why, though.

All games that are broadcast in HD are carried on DirecTV superfan (or ESPNHD & NBC (if you get an HD version) for prime time games)

Oh, yeah, everyone can afford to spend 1500 on a TV.

Great Idea! Move EVERYTHING to HD!

757117[/snapback]

It is a great idea. Although I would never consider buying such a cheap piece of crap that $1500 will get ya. You need to step up to the 60" plus arena for $2500 and up you will get quality.

Or just get a nice HD projector for the theater room.

I work in the TV industry Directv, Inc. in particular.  There is a very valid reason for it it is called Sattelites in space.  A sattelite can only broadcast so much before it's capacity is maxed.  Sattelites take years to make and cost billions of dollars.

757299[/snapback]

Okay, well then if that's true (and I'm assuming you're totally correct), then why the HELL did they have an original transition date of 2007 for ALL programming to be in HD? That's the part that pisses me off....did they not understand the sattelite issue back then? I don't get it.

It is a great idea. Although I would never consider buying such a cheap piece of crap that $1500 will get ya. You need to step up to the 60" plus arena for $2500 and up you will get quality.

Or just get a nice HD projector for the theater room.

757343[/snapback]

I like your style :)

I work in the TV industry Directv, Inc. in particular.  There is a very valid reason for it it is called Sattelites in space.  A sattelite can only broadcast so much before it's capacity is maxed.  Sattelites take years to make and cost billions of dollars.

757299[/snapback]

You do do you? Shame on you. You should know that your employer spells Satellites differently than you :):D

757299[/snapback]

Then you know that MPEG4 is coming, which will enable the capacity to be there for all the national HD channels (plus locals). I think the bigger issue is the lack of HD programming by these national channels, although you see more and more coming on line, like Starz, TNT, National Geographic, etc. That's not limited to just satellite.

did they have an original transition date of 2007 for ALL programming to be in HD?

Isn't it just BROADCAST tv that is required to be in HD?

In other words, channels that are exclusively available on cable &/or satellite are exempt and still be broadcast in analog.

In other words, channels that are exclusively available on cable &/or satellite are exempt and still be broadcast in analog.

757383[/snapback]

You could be right about that....I'm not really sure. All I know is that I love HD and I want MORE MORE MORE!!!!!! :)

You could be right about that....I'm not really sure. All I know is that I love HD and I want MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!  :)

757390[/snapback]

The FCC has notified U.S. television broadcasters that the standard for transmitting TV over-the-air shall change from analog to digital.

Credit card ! But no, I don't have any kids or a wife.

FYI : They had tvs at best buy 18 mo. no interest. 800 dollars / 18 months aint bad.

Its worth it. It sounds cliche, but once you see a football game in HD, SD looks like someone drew it onscreen with crayons.

757302[/snapback]

Very true. It's like watching the game from the sidelines. Oh, and nice Av Muggins :)

Oh, yeah, everyone can afford to spend 1500 on a TV.

Great Idea! Move EVERYTHING to HD!

757117[/snapback]

I picked up a nice Samsung for $800 at BestBuy... it isn't flat panel, but it's their "thin" CRT... it's a nice 30" WS... you could also pick up an HD Projector for the same price if you have the room for it...

But, I understand where you're coming from... :)

I picked up a nice Samsung for $800 at BestBuy...  it isn't flat panel, but it's their "thin" CRT...  it's a nice 30" WS...  you could also pick up an HD Projector for the same price if you have the room for it...

But, I understand where you're coming from...  :)

757523[/snapback]

Yep, prices have come way down on HD sets and projectors.....even Lanak6 has HD now :D

757383[/snapback]

It is broadcast TV which is supposed to be converted, but that deadline is past... the "out" clause is your area has to have a large percentage of HD sets in homes - as measured by sales etc... so, most areas don't have it... what I see some even doing around here - is put their HQ in an even more remote locale than Missoula - and then use a translator here... because it's less likely to get saturation of HD sets there than here...

That said, I get 3 channels in HD over my antenna (CBS, NBC, & PBS). PBS due to it's federal funding can't actually use the saturation excuse from what I've read, so they all complied by the deadline.

There is a lot of good information to be found online on the HD subject etc...

Not to hijack this thread, but I am curious...

Jason, how are you liking your Samsung so far? I ordered one (30" WS HDTV) and it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I have read several complaints that they have some probs with wavy lines and color. What is your experience? Thanks...

Not to hijack this thread, but I am curious...

Jason, how are you liking your Samsung so far? I ordered one (30" WS HDTV) and it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I have read several complaints that they have some probs with wavy lines and color. What is your experience? Thanks...

757560[/snapback]

I'll hijack a reply. I have a 30" Panasonic HD something(can't remember number)and the picture is flipping great. The cable guy said it's one of the best pictures he's ever seen. It's a tube model, though, and it weights about 160 lbs. I had a lot of fun horsing it around by myself.