What is the biggest question mark

BoondckCL

I have not been keeping any real tabs this last week as of what was occuring in training camp and i don't know what problems have been solved or what you guys think could be the real problems on this team.

Enlighten.

1) Is the OLine improved?

2) Is JP ready to lead this team?

3) Who will be the #2 WR?

4) Is TKO back to being TKO?

5) Will Clements be the elite DB he thinks he is?

6) Will Willis be the elite RB he thinks he is?

7) Who will step and succeed at DT? (There are alot of options here).

8) Is Juron Awake?

9) Will the bills move to LA?

10) What happens if Favre offers to draw a smiley face on JPs nuts?

Okay, so I got carried away...but you get the point.

I have not been keeping any real tabs this last week as of what was occuring in training camp and i don't know what problems have been solved or what you guys think could be the real problems on this team.

Enlighten.

752187[/snapback]

As far as your post, *shrugs*

But I love your Avatar. That is one of my favorite movies...

1) Can our defense stop the run? Specifically, are we going to get pushed off of the line of scrimmage?

2) Will our QB(s) have a reasonable amount of time to throw?

3) When they have time, will our QB(s) perform well?

4) Regardless of the wins / loses, will our team play with enough heart that they are respectable?

As far as your post, *shrugs*

But I love your Avatar. That is one of my favorite movies...

752223[/snapback]

Thanks for the comment on the avatar, i took it down for a while but then Dibs asked where it went and i couldn't refuse the will of the people. HAHA.

PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH, and , oh, pass rush!! The interior "D" must push the pocket in New England. If they don't, Brady will have a field day. Time for Larry Tripplett to justify his salary. I believe he will, along with Kyle Williams and John McCargo!!

Enlighten.

752187[/snapback]

YOUR MOM LOL

I think the trenches are, just like the past few seasons. :blink:

Enlighten.

752187[/snapback]

Initially my biggest concern was the offense but the 'O' seems to be coming together for a new system with new players.

I'd have to say my concern now is with the defense. I'm curious to see if Nate C. can play well with the rest of the 'D' healthy. I'd like to write off his abysmal performances last season to bad support but there's part of me that wonders if he's really all that good. This is truly his year to either shine and truly become top 5 and get the big money or get run over like last year. (remember how awful the Dolphins game was, Chambers had like 764 yards or something).

I'm thinking 8-8 is not to crazy of a prediction anymore.

I want to post my list. But I am afraid the size of it may shut down the boards server :devil:

753074[/snapback]

I think the biggest question mark based on 3 preseason games is the mental

maturity of this team....On both Offense and Defense, this team has shot

itself in the foot with mental errors.....That is the biggest concern......I think

the team has talent....THe coaching staff needs to eliminate the penalties....

Yesterdays game, two drives were stalled with back to back penalties....we just cannot have that and give up points or give up field positions...

If this team can be allowed to grow togther for 8 games, the 2nd half of the

season is going tobe a different ball game....especially with 5 home games

in Nov/Dec.

O Line

Defense stopping 3rd and long

If those two things improve, everything else will fall into place. Willis, JP and company will go as far as the O Line can take them. Unfortunately, I don't think they can take them very far. Maybe to East Aurora, but definately not to Wales!

Enlighten.

752187[/snapback]

My sense is that there are a ton of question marks as to whether certain approaches which appear to have been chosen will work. The tons of questions are subsidiaries which fall under 3 broader categories:

Category 1: Offense

A. Will the team develop an offense which is successful enough to be called St. Louis Rams East?

Likely answer- Probably not.

It appears Fairchild will lead the way by implementing an O patterned after the quite successful pass-happy Mike Martz designed O in St. L. Some conclude that this style will not work or even if it works will not reasonably be described as St. L East because of the winter weather and unpredictable Ralph winds.

I think this view fails to understand that though the O will be pass-happy, it will not rely on a ton of vertical long passes all the time which would be tough to do consistently in the Ralph, but instead will rely on a lof of short passes and run after the catch.

The keys to this are:

1. Fairchild designing plays which rely on the speed of the WRs to get separation quick anb. design of plays which use intricate crosses and could be illegal picks to get separation.

2. WM showing enough production as a receiver to play the Marshall Faulf role.

3. Fairchild developing something different that makes this O his own and this likely will be fargreater use of the TE than the Rams do.

B. In addition, there are some particular unit and player performances which will be key:

1. The OL- The starters are much improved over last year's starters, but it is unclear whether there will be adequate back-ups beyond Preston when/if we get hit with the usual injuries.

2. RB- As mentioned WM verstile performance will be key but finding a back-up who is also versatile is another question,

3. TE- Using Royal as a 6th OL player makes sense but also how will he build upon his career year (which is not saying tons) in receptions last year and can Everett not only develop into the receiving threat he should be but can he learn the blocking well enough to be a good Royal sub. Also TE use in the redzone might be a notable difference with Biutch Rolle/Metzalars as the models

C. QB issue

I actually hold this to the last O consideration NOT because of it importance. Any player who touches the ball on virtually every offensive play is crtically important. However, the key to the Bills O performing is not whether our QB is a transcendant god of a football player, but merely whether he proves to be adequate.

JP will not perform like Elway or Favre individually because he is too young and not good enough. However, the plan seems to be that if all the above items work, the QB merely (a big merely) has to be adequate in doing proper reads, transfering in the plays and formations he gets over his helmet mike, and in distributing the ball. JP will have opportunities to improvise and run for his life as he did behind the turnstile OL at Tulane, but only as a change-up and when things occaisionally break down as they do in the NFL.

JP will be hailed as a productive QB and th next big thing IF he actually gets to spend more time merely being adequate and just doing stuff. Ironically if this happens he will hailed as a great QB and collect major bucks. If instead we end up relying too much on his athleticism and escapability this means the scheme has broken down and likely other O players have not performed and I suspect we will get killed.

I think the answer is probably not in terms of our O being productive because though it makes sense how it can work, too many things have to happen for it to work well.

Category 2. Defense- Later on this this one as I have to run off with my lovely spouse to do a wedding in Ithaca.

Category 3: ST- Ditto

Enlighten.

752187[/snapback]

Excluding Fletcher, Schoebel, the big RT, and possibly Evans, I would say the rest of the starters are a big ?

1) Is the O-line any better than say the past four or five seasons? I'm

not yet convinced.

2) Behind Evans what is the WR pecking order? Does it matter?

3) Do we have good RB and QB depth should the starter go down? Sometimes

I wonder. I'd be watching the waver wire for a 3rd QB if Holcomb is traded.