Branch allowed to seek trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2561309

As per the clowns at ESPN. Seems they are at a major in pass and it does not look like things are going to perk up. This is great for my fantasy pick of Chad Jackson. Also lets hope they work something out to get him in another division or maybe make him a Bill. Wishful thinking. :P

Although I'd prefer a bigger wideout over another undersized speedster, Branch would make a nice #2 wideout. I'm not sure we have a real #2 on this team, rather a bunch of number 3s (I'm not sold on Price). Don't see it happening though.

Although I'd prefer a bigger wideout over another undersized speedster, Branch would make a nice #2 wideout.  I'm not sure we have a real #2 on this team, rather a bunch of number 3s (I'm not sold on Price).  Don't see it happening though.

751690[/snapback]

I agree. He would fit in nicely with our new system. Plus he may get a chip on his shoulder for being shunned by the Patsies. I would be willing to trade a second round pick for a proven WR and a super bowl MVP to boot. This guy would add a great dimension to our passing game.

Although I'd prefer a bigger wideout over another undersized speedster, Branch would make a nice #2 wideout.  I'm not sure we have a real #2 on this team, rather a bunch of number 3s (I'm not sold on Price).  Don't see it happening though.

751690[/snapback]

Except Branch wants to be paid like a number one...

He won't be a Bill. No way Bellichick trades him within the division. He's not Drew, he's a bonifide threat.

751690[/snapback]

Branch would make a great #2 receiver. The problem is that he would want #1 money!!!

Branch would make a great #2 receiver.  The problem is that he would want #1 money!!!

751694[/snapback]

Release PP and some other clowns take a small hit and sign the guy to something to the tune of 5 yrs 23 mil and 13 mil guaranteed. If not he would definetly be a candidate for the Eagles who desparatly need a receiver.

The bottom-line for us is that this leaves the Patsies without a true #1 WR. Jan Brady said Branch was the most important part of the NE offense. I hope they get little for him, but there is probably some team out there willing to give a up a first- or at least second-rounder for him.

751690[/snapback]

We could have given the 2.5M + 2.5M signing bonus that we gave to Reed

and Price to Branch....

The conventional wisdom (read: kool-aide spin) out of Loserville, USA is that The Genius is just messing with Branch's head. He can't just go mosey on to another team. He's got one week to get a contract negotiation and a trade offer done, and The Paytoilets have to approve any deal. A lot of rosters are set, and the feeling is that Branch isn't going to like what's on the other side of the fence...that he'll come crawling back to Tampon Stadium on his own.

The conventional wisdom (read: kool-aide spin) out of Loserville, USA is that The Genius is just messing with Branch's head. He can't just go mosey on to another team.  He's got one week to get a contract negotiation and a trade offer done, and The Paytoilets have to approve any deal.  A lot of rosters are set, and the feeling is that Branch isn't going to like what's on the other side of the fence...that he'll come crawling back to Tampon Stadium on his own.

751729[/snapback]

That's basically what I thought when I read it. That it was just Billadick being himself.

why? Are we in need of bad wide recievers or something?

751738[/snapback]

Are you serious? This guy has put up consistantly good numbers and was the MVP of the SBa few years back. If you honsestly wouldnt take this guy on your team than you dont know the first thing about football guy. Get a clue.

The conventional wisdom (read: kool-aide spin) out of Loserville, USA is that The Genius is just messing with Branch's head. He can't just go mosey on to another team.  He's got one week to get a contract negotiation and a trade offer done, and The Paytoilets have to approve any deal.  A lot of rosters are set, and the feeling is that Branch isn't going to like what's on the other side of the fence...that he'll come crawling back to Tampon Stadium on his own.

751729[/snapback]

How much $ will branch command and do you think he's worth it.

I think he's a good reciever, I don't know about the money angle, if it was me I would pay it...Belichick is shrewd on player contracts..I believe seymour and brady are the only locks after that it gets dicey, then again watson the tightend is a big and fast reciever and dillion and maroney in the backfield with faulk is a good recieving running back , The offense appears solid even without branch...It's the defensive secondary and linebackers that is shaky, :P paytoilets