Brady Quinn or Chris Leak?

major

If this season is a downer, which I hope it isn't, and we're picking in the top 5 in next year's draft, would you take Quinn or Leak as the QB of the Bills?

Honestly, I hope Losman does GREAT this year and this question is a mute one. However, for fun, who would you rather have?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if we have a top 5 pick and before we automatically say we need to draft a qb maybe we would determine why we were a top 5 picking team.......what happens if j.p. plays lights out but the defense has no pass rush???????????you dont draft a brady quinn..just because he is there...

If this season is a downer, which I hope it isn't, and we're picking in the top 5 in next year's draft, would you take Quinn or Leak as the QB of the Bills?

Honestly, I hope Losman does GREAT this year and this question is a mute one. However, for fun, who would you rather have?

744243[/snapback]

If the question is who would you rather have, I would have to go with Quinn. He plays for Weiss in a pro style offense, and at times can look very similar to Tom Brady. I look at him as a Palmer/Manning type QB.

Leak could be good but I have to look down on the way he transitioned last year in Urban Meyers offense. I don't exactly think Florida’s offense is tailored to Leak, but I just don't see him catching on to the speed of the NFL very quickly.

Another potential guy to look out for is Drew Stanton, he reminds me of a more mobile Drew Brees, or Chad Pennington. He's a very accurate, smart player whose draft position will be determined by his senior year.

I'd take the best safety available.

744243[/snapback]

If the QB position was still not decided by the end of the season due to poor play of whichever QB was playing and we were in the top 5 then I would do whatever it took to get in position to draft Quinn. If it took trading to get to the 1 or 2 spot then so be it ...

... on the other hand if Losman plays better each and every game and by the end of the season his QB rating is around 80 or higher and he looks comfortable then I would draft the best lineman rounds 1-7

I'd take the best safety available.

744270[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA....stop it, please, you're killing me....oh, geez, I just spit my coffee all over the monitor....the comic genius is too much.

:blush:

I wish our QBs would stop having newspaper-headline-euphamism names.

Playing the Flutie. Rob's Johnson. Bleed-so. Loss-man. Chris (Taking a) Leak....

'Brady Quinn' is generic-sounding.

(No, I'm not actually arguing we should select a QB by the arrangement of letters in their name).

Is this a serious question? Absolutely no contest. I'd choose Brady Quinn every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Quinn has the make-up of a franchise QB for years to come (the Tom Brady comparisons are too easy, though Brady was never this good in college). Maybe this QB soup we're in the process of making for this season isn't the worst thing, after all. If it nets us a primo draft spot and, ultimately Brady Quinn, I'll look back quite fondly on 2006.

well if we have a top 5 pick and before we automatically say we need to draft a qb maybe we would determine why we were a top 5 picking team.......what happens if j.p. plays lights out but the defense has no pass rush???????????you dont draft a brady quinn..just because he is there...

744244[/snapback]

agreed it depends on the situation if your OL cant give ya the protection or line push or the middle of our D is being run over like marshmellows the decision is to not draft a QB.

744243[/snapback]

Quinn won't be around at 2nd through 5th.

Here's an idea though, if we have the first pick, let's grab Quinn, release our starting line, promote our second team line to starters.

This is a complete "no brainer", you take Quinn. Quinn is by far the best QB prospect coming out of the college ranks since Carson Palmer. His arm strength is tremendous. His accuracy is amazing whether standing still, rolling out, short, medium, or deep routes. The thing that really makes him a great QB though is his decision making. And with Weis getting him ready for the NFL since last year, who should we take? Chris Leak? You can't be serious. Quinn will be a good NFL QB straight out the gate because of his tutelidge under Weis. It's not even certain whether Leak will be able to keep his starting spot all of this year in college. Not to mention that he's a little too up and down, for a QB, to play at the NFL level.

Wouldn't this discussion be more appropriate for the Texans?

If Carr does not step up this year.....that will be 5 full years they would have given him(compared to our 1.5 for JP)

I would think if he doesn't step up for them they will definitely be in a better possition to take Quinn than us.

Just a thought.

I wish our QBs would stop having newspaper-headline-euphamism names.

Playing the Flutie. Rob's Johnson. Bleed-so. Loss-man. Chris (Taking a) Leak....

'Brady Quinn' is generic-sounding.

(No, I'm not actually arguing we should select a QB by the arrangement of letters in their name).

744363[/snapback]

"Come all without, come all within, You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.". :rolleyes: