"Bust" Philip Rivers...

Dr. K

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny thing is, if you kept brees on that SD team this noone, noone even remotely comes close in beating that team this year. The genious AJ Smith cost his team a chance at the super bowl by letting brees walk last offseason. Should of traded rivers.

funny thing is, if you kept brees on that SD team this noone, noone even remotely comes close in beating that team this year. The genious AJ Smith cost his team a chance at the super bowl by letting brees walk last offseason. Should of traded rivers.

Rivers was the least of their problems......The New England front 7 exposed their weakness. Once Gates was accounted for there was really no one to throw to.

When you keep NE around in a game and not put them away, NE will make you pay for it.

He threw two clutch 20+ yard throws on the last drive and if their coach hadn't thrown away one of their prescious timeouts with that ridiculous challenge, he may have had a chance to get them even closer.

He also threw an ill-advised 3 yard pass on that drive that ate 20 seconds off the clock. It was an absolutely horrible decision that helped prevent them from getting in realistic FG range.

That being said Rivers has shown quite a bit this season even with his late season drop-off.

Did any of Brady's receivers drop any passes?

It is part of the game

And Simon, thanks for the spelling lesson, I sure needed that <_<

I wouldn't say that they did, actually; the "drops" I saw from New England were poor throws from Brady. That's been one of the consistent (and frustrating) things about watching the Patriots, their receivers catch extremely well.

And drops like SD's receivers had are not "part of the game". They were killers and made it completely inexplicable that the SD OC kept calling plays to throw to them. I second taterhill's question, did you watch the game? Because I can't believe you'd watch that performance by the receivers and come here and criticize Rivers.

It's actually an interesting question to consider what the Bills record would have been if Rivers were their quarterback and JP was on the Chargers. I doubt the Bills would have been any better than 7-9, but there is probably a good chance that the Chargers would not have been 14-2. In the long run, Losman has a chance to be better than Rivers, but he isn't there now. And there is a chance that Rivers has some kind of ceiling, but I think he's going to be very good. In the long run, I think I would rather have JP or Rivers over Eli or Big Ben.

So you don't think JP in the same good system for 3 years, injury free, with better surrounding talent (just adding LT would do wonders) vs Rivers in the Mularkafukk with injury would have similiar results? Let's just say I don't agree.

Right now, Losman could very well end up the class of his draft class (which you alluded to). This offseason could very well be the key.

So you don't think JP in the same good system for 3 years, injury free, with better surrounding talent (just adding LT would do wonders) vs Rivers in the Mularkafukk with injury would have similiar results? Let's just say I don't agree.

Right now, Losman could very well end up the class of his draft class (which you alluded to). This offseason could very well be the key.

I do think that Losman in the same system for three years and getting good coaching would have him much further along than he was now, and probably almost as good as Rivers right now. But to me, because Losman was so woefully undercoached and just winging it in college, as well as only playing two years, he was simply quite far behind in the experience factor. And sitting on the bench for two years and very rarely getting a snap behind Drew Brees was a lot easier for Phillip Rivers to handle and come out and play very well in his first season as a starter (after starting four full years in college at NC State) than it would have been for JP.

Right now, if I had the choice, I think I would want Losman on my team over Rivers, although it's close. But I do think that Rivers is further along at this juncture because of his college years as much as his pro years. Losman had to learn a lot. He's just scratching the surface now. He has a chance to be great but he also still needs some experience.

Philip Rivers lovers...where are you?, Still want him over Losman?

Just wondering....

That makes as much sense as:

Tomlinson lovers...where are you?, Still want him over McGahee?

Just wondering...

I do think that Losman in the same system for three years and getting good coaching would have him much further along than he was now, and probably almost as good as Rivers right now. But to me, because Losman was so woefully undercoached and just winging it in college, as well as only playing two years, he was simply quite far behind in the experience factor. And sitting on the bench for two years and very rarely getting a snap behind Drew Brees was a lot easier for Phillip Rivers to handle and come out and play very well in his first season as a starter (after starting four full years in college at NC State) than it would have been for JP.

Right now, if I had the choice, I think I would want Losman on my team over Rivers, although it's close. But I do think that Rivers is further along at this juncture because of his college years as much as his pro years. Losman had to learn a lot. He's just scratching the surface now. He has a chance to be great but he also still needs some experience.

All things being equal I would prefer the taller QB (6,5 as opposed to 6,1 for JP. I knows that seems like an innocuous detail but it means less passes knocked down.

All things being equal I would prefer the taller QB (6,5 as opposed to 6,1 for JP. I knows that seems like an innocuous detail but it means less passes knocked down.

They aren't close to being equal though. Losman has a much stronger arm, runs much better, scrambles much better, throws better on the run.

• 5 years later...