"Bust" Philip Rivers...

Dr. K

Omg you people make me sick. The reason that the chargers came back today.... hmm..... could it be........ TOMLINSON'S 4 TOUCHDOWNS????? Philip Rivers has by far the best RB in the league, he does everything... runs, catches, and throws. All he has to do is hand the ball off, and when he has to pass..... he just throws it to one of the best TE's in the game..... but you're right.... he's an outstanding QB  :w00t:

834613[/snapback]

Yeah all he does is throw to gates dude, and average 230 yards a game and on pace for 23 tds and 5ints, Id hate to have production out of my qb. It's so much better to have a qb who's criteria for being good is "well at least he didn't turn it over"

M. Floyd 5 109 1 46

A. Gates 5 69 0 27

L. Tomlinson 6 54 0 19

K. McCardell 2 49 0 25

V. Jackson 1 18 0 18

B. Manumaleuna 2 14 2 9

E. Parker 1 14 0 14

L. Neal 2 10 0 13

Yeah all he does is throw to gates 0:)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillip Rivers is light years beyond what even I expected. His best play of the game was his last td the scramble out and  little pitch to Brandon Manumaleuna.  Defintely showing why he drafted as high as he was.

834175[/snapback]

Boy was I hoping TD would be able to get him in the 2004 draft after we missed Ben but nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Im not sure why everybody keeps going with the "Look at what Manning/Rivers/Ben are doing", JP was a BORDERLINE 1st rounder who had work in progress written all over him, all three of the other QB's had monster college careers and were more than 1/2 year starters like JP was. They all have FAR SUPERIOR supporting casts and coaches around them as well, JP may not be the guy but this ORGANIZATION has done NOTHING to help his progress, at all, and if you don't believe that your a complete fool

834335[/snapback]

Right on. It was another stupid TD gamble. It is gonna take time to make a leap from Tulane to the NFL. Plus, 2 coordinators in 3 years and being rotated in and out of the offense doesn't help either.

Rivers also set the NCAA record for most games played in. He also played in a major conference. Though they are in the same draft and the comparison is a nature one to make, they are light years apart in their development. It is gonna take time and unfortunately most fans don't have that kind of patience. And personally, I don't think he is the QB that gives this team the best shot to win.

Yeah all he does is throw to gates dude, and average 230 yards a game and on pace for 23 tds and 5ints, Id hate to have production out of my qb. It's so much better to have a qb who's criteria for being good is "well at least he didn't turn it over"

M. Floyd 5 109 1 46

A. Gates 5 69 0 27

L. Tomlinson 6 54 0 19

K. McCardell 2 49 0 25

V. Jackson 1 18 0 18

B. Manumaleuna 2 14 2 9

E. Parker 1 14 0 14

L. Neal 2 10 0 13

Yeah all he does is throw to gates :devil:

834808[/snapback]

I did not ever say that "he only throws the ball to gates." I was implying that he has the option of one of the best TE's in the game. And Im not sure why you assume that anything I talked about had anything to do with JP Losman. Where do you get that from? I would much rather have Rivers, he is a far better QB than Losman, I was simply refuting the idea that Rivers was the reason they came back and won.

You must have been one of those kids in school who failed tests for not reading directions properly :P

I did not ever say that "he only throws the ball to gates." I was implying that he has the option of one of the best TE's in the game. And Im not sure why you assume that anything I talked about had anything to do with JP Losman. Where do you get that from? I would much rather have Rivers, he is a far better QB than Losman, I was simply refuting the idea that Rivers was the reason they came back and won.

You must have been one of those kids in school who failed tests for not reading directions properly  :devil:

834886[/snapback]

I think GuessWhosBack was trying to refute this statement you made:

All he has to do is hand the ball off, and when he has to pass..... he just throws it to one of the best TE's in the game.....

834886[/snapback]

I think having Tomlinson was obviously a huge plus for Rivers, but you can't discount the way he helped lead them to the win w/ his passing ability. Did he do it by himself? No, but neither did Tomlinson.

Rivers is awesome. He was the best QB from that draft and the Chargers are lucky to have him. When he left NCSU, he was one of the most experienced QBs in college ever. He was deadly accurate, durable, a leader that his teammates loved and was incredibly mature. He was a married MAN at the time, for gosh sakes. You just knew he'd become a great one.

The thing that strikes me about it is to see how much Rivers has progressed since his first start.

Even just counting this year, JP has seriously regressed. You can't say he is at the same competency level as the Pats or Miami game. The play-calling is only bad b/c it's not being executed worth a sh--, and it starts with a QB that Fairchild has lost some confidence in.

rivers was a 4th overall pick who had the goods to go first overall.

jp is an erratic all over the place not good qb who should have slipped to the 3rd or 4th round.

many young qbs are better looking than jp is, he isn't good and never will be.

I have the ticket so I watched most of the 4th quarter of that game. Here is my opinion of what you need from your qb. Most of the time in todays nfl you need your qb to simply manage the game. But there are going to come 1 or 2 times in most games especially on the road, where you need your qb to stepup & make a big play. That is the most discouraging thing about losman this year. It is not that his numbers are horrific or he is throwing bad ints, he has not stepped up & made a big play when his team needs it.

Rivers was terrific yesterday. I know he has lt & gates & a good line but if you watched the game yesterday he was scrambling around moving around in the pocket & made plays when his team needed them.

• 2 months later...
Just wondering....

I for one am fine with Losman right now, but why knock Rivers. I thought he played very well yesterday in a pressure situation. What did he do to lose the game? Nearly every throw was right on target, had one bad throw that was INT. But he surely outplayed Tommy Girl. Had his team in position to win, but his WR's let him down big time. Not sure if JP would have played as well actually.

I like JP a lot, but I also don't expect him to perform miracles (or even play really well) when he gets his first playoff experience.

Rivers is young and so is LT. They'll be back.

That sounds likes something Dan Marino kept saying to himself.

I for one am fine with Losman right now, but why knock Rivers. I thought he played very well yesterday in a pressure situation. What did he do to lose the game? Nearly every throw was right on target, had one bad throw that was INT. But he surely outplayed Tommy Girl. Had his team in position to win, but his WR's let him down big time. Not sure if JP would have played as well actually.

If 14-32 for 203 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT with the best player in the NFL in your backfield is playing "very well" then I do not want to know what bad is.

I dont blame the game on Rivers.......

Did he botch that punt? Did he have the 15 yard personal foul that extended the Pats drive? Did he fumble the ball on an INT? Thats that costed the Bolts, NOT Phillip Rivers.

The one thing I noticed about the game yesterday, Rivers kept his teams hopes alive at the end of the game with a couple big throws!

Think before posting idiotic things......makes you look foolish!

We have Losman they have Rivers....Im happy with Losman and where he has come.

But why beat a dead horse here?