Galleria Mall...new chain restaurants

LabattBlue

Bravo! is a restaurant that I have only seen in Pittsburgh. There are a couple of locations there. I have lived in the 'Burgh and eaten at Bravo! a number of times. Great food. I'm excited there will be a location here.

When did they do this?  I'm flying in on friday night for the first time in a while so I guess I'll get to see what they've done so far.

742939[/snapback]

The demolition started sometime early this summer and the first restaurants ar expected to be open in November.

I just heard something the other day that said they won't open an In-N-Out restaurant anywhere unless a family member runs it.  I've never had one, but I've heard good things.  One of the founders died a week or two ago. 0:)

743010[/snapback]

In-n-Out is an amazing business and terrific fast food. I have been in tons of them and they are always packed, all day, every day, everywhere. They are still a private company and the grandmother, who founded the thing in 1948 I think made almost all decisions. She just died. The granddaughter, who is 24, now owns it and will run it. She gets like 25% of her inheritance at 25, then 50% at 30 and the rest at 35. It's worth like 450 million or something like that. They only have just over 200 stores and she will have to decide whether to take the company public or not. It would explode if she wants it to. Her grandmother never really wanted to I don't think. The girl would make a mint. One of the best business models around. They do only one thing and they do it great, for cheap.

In-n-Out is an amazing business and terrific fast food. I have been in tons of them and they are always packed, all day, every day, everywhere. They are still a private company and the grandmother, who founded the thing in 1948 I think made almost all decisions. She just died. The granddaughter, who is 24, now owns it and will run it. She gets like 25% of her inheritance at 25, then 50% at 30 and the rest at 35. It's worth like 450 million or something like that. They only have just over 200 stores and she will have to decide whether to take the company public or not. It would explode if she wants it to. Her grandmother never really wanted to I don't think. The girl would make a mint. One of the best business models around. They do only one thing and they do it great, for cheap.

743044[/snapback]

I was in Ontario (the one in California) last week, and In-n-Out was my choice for lunch one of the days. Whenever I get back to the left coast I have to stop in. Just prior to my leaving the Sacramento area they had finally begun to expand northward. Great fast food burger, and the fries were much better than I remembered them.

Two questions about the granddaughter

1. She married?

2. She cute?

On second thought, for 450 million forget number 2. 0:)

The granddaughter, who is 24, now owns it and will run it. She gets like 25% of her inheritance at 25, then 50% at 30 and the rest at 35. It's worth like 450 million or something like that. They only have just over 200 stores and she will have to decide whether to take the company public or not. It would explode if she wants it to. Her grandmother never really wanted to I don't think. The girl would make a mint.

743044[/snapback]

Anyone know if she takes her beef animal style?

I was in Ontario (the one in California) last week, and In-n-Out was my choice for lunch one of the days.  Whenever I get back to the left coast I have to stop in.  Just prior to my leaving the Sacramento area they had finally begun to expand northward.  Great fast food burger, and the fries were much better than I remembered them.

Two questions about the granddaughter

1. She married?

2. She cute?

On second thought, for 450 million forget number 2. ;)

743048[/snapback]

So basically, you're telling us you want to do the "in-n-out" with Miss "in-n-out"? 0:)

BTW, that's her on the left.

So basically, you're telling us you want to the "in-n-out" with Miss "in-n-out"? ;)

743053[/snapback]

Damn, that's the daily double fer sure. She's rich and a little hottie! If she's single we have the trifecta nailed down.

0:) I wonder if she likes men nearly twice her age, married, with three kids, and love handles? ;)

It's been a couple of years since I've been there, but I seem to recall a lunch for two costing around $30, and that was without an appetizer.  That just seemed a little high for me.  Maybe I'm mis-remembering, or maybe they charge more here, not sure...

I just heard something the other day that said they won't open an In-N-Out restaurant anywhere unless a family member runs it.  I've never had one, but I've heard good things.  One of the founders died a week or two ago. 0:)

743010[/snapback]

key to the cheescake is to remember that splitting an entree or appetizer is all you need. Your right, i think the price is high for the quality if you each order an entree. But if you split an entree between two people, I would wager there will STILL be food left on the plate. the amount of food they throw away has just got to be obscene

So basically, you're telling us you want to do the "in-n-out" with Miss "in-n-out"? 0:)

743053[/snapback]

Apparently she also has a mean streak...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/13/business/13snyder.html

Mrs. Snyder was said to be in poor health, according to a lawsuit in January that accused her granddaughter of trying to force her out of the operation.

A lawyer for In-N-Out, Arnold Wensinger, said the suit contained inaccuracies. It was settled in May, and the terms were not disclosed.

And more...

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money...cle_1236346.php

Q: Does Snyder's primary heir, granddaughter Lynsi Martinez, inherit the company immediately?

A: No. Martinez, 24, is the main heir to the Snyder family trusts, valued at $450 million, according to a probate lawsuit filed earlier this year by former In-N-Out executive Richard Boyd. She won't gain majority control of the chain until she turns 35, according to the lawsuit. At the time the lawsuit was filed, Taylor – Martinez's brother-in-law – was among three co-trustees overseeing the family trusts.

Q: Will the chain go public?

A: "The company is blessed with financial health, and the family is absolutely committed to keeping the company private and family operated," Taylor stated Monday.

Q: What are In-N-Out's growth plans?

A: "We remain committed to keeping In-N-Out Burger on the course that was laid out for us by our founders. As such, we will continue to grow on a moderate and deliberate pace of adding 10 to 12 stores per year," Taylor stated.

Q: Is that kind of growth considered aggressive?

A: No, according to fast-food industry analysts.

Best burgers out here in CA. Their slow growth is part of the reason they are very good. All fresh ingredients. They cut the fries right there. I always have a double-double and a chocolate shake (about 10x thicker than McD's) when I go there. The line at the drive thru at dinner time can be 10-15 cars. Some even have a person go along the line with a PDA to take orders. The dive thru can have a line up until closing at 1 AM.

Best burgers out here in CA. Their slow growth is part of the reason they are very good.  All fresh ingredients. They cut the fries right there. I always have a double-double and a chocolate shake (about 10x thicker than McD's) when I go there. The line at the drive thru at dinner time can be 10-15 cars. Some even have a person go along the line with a PDA to take orders. The dive thru can have a line up until closing at 1 AM.

743213[/snapback]

Why is their slow growth the reason they are very good? They make a grand total of two things: burgers and fries. They really don't even have different sizes. They all work the same way. They would be the same if they had 20 or 200 or 2000 or 20000 stores. They aren't like any other fast food chain, they never change, they never add stuff to the menu. As soon as they open a new place it's immediately crowded and stays that way. The only difference in expansion would be it may take a short period of time to catch on in the south or northeast where few people heard of them but I can imagine no scenario they wouldnt do well everywhere they went outside of putting too many of them too close to one another. It's America. It's burgers and fries. They do it far better than McDonalds or Burger King.

Why is their slow growth the reason they are very good? They make a grand total of two things: burgers and fries. They really don't even have different sizes. They all work the same way. They would be the same if they had 20 or 200 or 2000 or 20000 stores. They aren't like any other fast food chain, they never change, they never add stuff to the menu. As soon as they open a new place it's immediately crowded and stays that way. The only difference in expansion would be it may take a short period of time to catch on in the south or northeast where few people heard of them but I can imagine no scenario they wouldnt do well everywhere they went outside of putting too many of them too close to one another. It's America. It's burgers and fries. They do it far better than McDonalds or Burger King.

743224[/snapback]

If they get a lot bigger, they would probably go public. That will cause them to cut corners and become like the rest. We've all seen chains that go nuts expanding and then start loosing money- Krispy Kreme is a recent example. Let them grow nice and slow. Basically they are in CA, NV and I think OR and WA.

Best burgers out here in CA. Their slow growth is part of the reason they are very good.  All fresh ingredients. They cut the fries right there. I always have a double-double and a chocolate shake (about 10x thicker than McD's) when I go there. The line at the drive thru at dinner time can be 10-15 cars. Some even have a person go along the line with a PDA to take orders. The dive thru can have a line up until closing at 1 AM.

743213[/snapback]

Anybody ever had a Frisco Freeze burger? Tacoma, WA...not quite In'N'Out but definitely in the same league. Outstanding!

If they get a lot bigger, they would probably go public. That will cause them to cut corners and become like the rest. We've all seen chains that go nuts expanding and then start loosing money- Krispy Kreme is a recent example. Let them grow nice and slow.  Basically they are in CA, NV and I think OR and WA.

743241[/snapback]

That's a different story. They havent changed one bit in 58 years. if suddenly they DO change their approach, then yes I would agree with you. But again, that's the thing that makes them different from all other chains, and what separates them from fads like Krispy Kreme. They have a successful business model of 58 years. They aren't a gimmicky new thing or taste that people are jumping all over like KK. They have already grown nice and slow for six decades. I am not advocating they go public, but if they do I doubt they would change one thing. They are just in CA, NV and AZ.

743213[/snapback]

I heard in-n-out burger is nothing more than a rathole. I hope they never come to Cheektowaga! 0:)

But again, that's the thing that makes them different from all other chains, and what separates them from fads like Krispy Kreme. They have a successful business model of 58 years. They aren't a gimmicky new thing or taste that people are jumping all over like KK. They have already grown nice and slow for six decades. I am not advocating they go public, but if they do I doubt they would change one thing. They are just in CA, NV and AZ.

743275[/snapback]

Piss off :( I work for KK and while it may seem like a fad, it's been around a very long time. Doughnuts have in fact been around for a very long time and are not about to disappear despite Adkins, low carbs and blah blah blah.

Undeniably the KK business model may have had some issues, but the product doesn't.

Piss off  :(  I work for KK and while it may seem like a fad, it's been around a very long time. Doughnuts have in fact been around for a very long time and are not about to disappear despite Adkins, low carbs and blah blah blah.

Undeniably the KK business model may have had some issues, but the product doesn't.

743386[/snapback]

Still a fad. I had KK a long time ago, and they're pretty good. But it was still something that people suddenly got gaga over and it spread quickly like a disease. They started showing up everywhere and then no one went. That's a fad. In-n-out isn't anything of the sort. The restaurants have always been packed wherever they were, there just wasn't a lot of them.

Still a fad. I had KK a long time ago, and they're pretty good. But it was still something that people suddenly got gaga over and it spread quickly like a disease. They started showing up everywhere and then no one went. That's a fad.

743468[/snapback]

True enough. But the reason no one goes to the stores anymore was a company direction that sent us into convenience stores and grocery stores. Same amount of product, but brought to the masses instead of them coming in. However, there is nothing better than coming in and getting them when they're hot.

True enough. But the reason no one goes to the stores anymore was a company direction that sent us into convenience stores and grocery stores. Same amount of product, but brought to the masses instead of them coming in. However, there is nothing better than coming in and getting them when they're hot.

743474[/snapback]

I'd rather have Tim Horton's anyway. We don't have Timmy's in the Cleveland area (and there's only one Krispy Kreme).

As far as the restaurants are concerned, Hyde Park Steakhouse is an upscale chain with an expensive menu, similar to Morton's. I've never been to one, but my brother has, and he says the food is very good, if pricey. Hyde Park is HQed here in Cleveland.

I'm not crazy about the Cheesecake Factory, except for the cheesecake. I think that's the one thing they do well. Everything else there is mediocre.

Mike

743474[/snapback]

How's that stragedy working out?

How's that stragedy working out?

743780[/snapback]

It keeps me gainfully employed :( and it is our core business now.

We are a different animal compared to Horton's and Dunkin. We have good doughnuts and they have good coffee! :ph34r:

Buckeye Mike you cant be serious about Timmy Ho's for doughnuts. Coffee I understand but not their frozen doughnuts.

I didn't mean to hi jack this thread either, and I am looking forward to having some better dining options available to us.

Horton's doughnuts are barely edible. Their coffee is good, but for some reason they can't make it consistantly good. I never know what I'm going to get.

KK is fine (too sweet), but you can't beat DD when it comes to mass produced doughnuts and consistantly good coffee.

Piss off  :blush:  I work for KK and while it may seem like a fad, it's been around a very long time. Doughnuts have in fact been around for a very long time and are not about to disappear despite Adkins, low carbs and blah blah blah.

743386[/snapback]

just like a lot of companies, KK shulda stayed private. To much emphasis on quaterly numbers made them do some things they shouldn't have, and greedy insiders made out with the corporation paying franchise owners(high up insiders) more to buy the franchises out than they were worth.

I personally detest KK doughnuts, (still miss my DiCamillos), but dam my five and seven yr ols could eat em all day

Cheesecake Factory is more expensive than Applebee's or other chain restaurants.  Lunch for 2 costing around $30 sounds about right.  It's a great restaurant but you do have to pay more.  I think it's worth it.

It's just not a place you can go to all the time.

743019[/snapback]

Applebee's is also the home of the $7 stomach-ache.

That place is the nadir of the chain restaurant industry, and that's saying something.