DOOMED!!! Marv spotted with clipboard!!!

yall

Schopp and the Bulldog have declared the season to be in peril. Apparently General Manager of the Buffalo Bills and reputed old codger, Marv Levy, was spotted on the sidelines with... of all things, a clipboard.

Surely, the GM of an NFL franchise must be lacking his wits if he needs to refer to a clipboard to determine at which player he is looking. Or at least, that was their contention. No caller to their "show" could give them a plausible scenario that involved a non-mentally handicapped Levy using a clipboard with a team roster while stalking the sidelines. To them, it was a sure sign of confusion, probably due to old age.

Man, those two are desperate for some drama.

:angry:

I sent an e mail tobulldog tonight and told him I was ashamed of him....

Schoop I expect that petty stuff from...Bulldog should be above that ...

Joe Torre carries a lineup card every night and he hss the same players for 162 games.

WGR has again crossed the line...

I thought I read somewhere that Marv likes to know what's going on during practice so he can follow along better seeing specifically who is doing what & how well they're doing their assignments.

His clipboard is probably a list of plays, etc. If QBs (whose job it is to know this stuff) can have cheat sheets on wrist bands, why can't a GM (who has many other responsibilities) use a clipboard?

Yeah, its a shame to see our GM actually working on the field with the team, scouting them while they are practicing. He should be like other GM's and sit in their air conditioned offices smoking a cigar with the owner discussing other things than training camp

Damn it, why did we get stuck with an old GM who cares about every aspect of the team

I thought I read somewhere that Marv likes to know what's going on during practice so he can follow along better seeing specifically who is doing what & how well they're doing their assignments.

His clipboard is probably a list of plays, etc.  If QBs (whose job it is to know this stuff) can have cheat sheets on wrist bands, why can't a GM (who has many other responsibilities) use a clipboard?

738656[/snapback]

You heard right. That's exactly what Marv is doing. He has a list of the plays that the Bills will run and he's checking to see if all the players are running the play correctly.

Marv " Santa Clause" Levy :angry::doh: "He's making a list checkin' it twice, gonna find out whose naughty or nice" Marv Levy is coming to town.

Picking on the old guy.  Thats what Cowherd did all off season.

Mention a guys name to Marv and I bet he could give a whole scouting report on him.

738681[/snapback]

I remember hearing about that punk Cownerd doing that...personally I listened to that jackass twice and never again...he is a grade A POS if you ask me and is exactly what is WRONG with sports radio.

I remember hearing about that punk Cownerd doing that...personally I listened to that jackass twice and never again...he is a grade A POS if you ask me and is exactly what is WRONG with sports radio.

The best was when he was talking about how the Dolphins "get it" because they were pursuing Brees and avoiding Culpepper because of the sex boat and other stuff, only to see them trade for Culpepper a few days later. Talk about a major facial.

I sent an e mail tobulldog tonight and told him I was ashamed of him....

Schoop I expect that petty stuff from...Bulldog should be above that ...

Joe Torre carries a lineup card every night and he hss the same players for 162 games.

WGR has again crossed the line...

738639[/snapback]

crappy ratings + say something to piss people off = instant listeners

His clipboard is probably a list of plays, etc.  If QBs (whose job it is to know this stuff) can have cheat sheets on wrist bands, why can't a GM (who has many other responsibilities) use a clipboard?

738656[/snapback]

Schopp was standing close by and said he could see that it was a roster he was looking at but I agree that they blew this out of proportion. I'm sure he knows players names and abilities but they've only had their numbers for a short time.

Schopp was standing close by and said he could see that it was a roster he was looking at but I agree that they blew this out of proportion.  I'm sure he knows players names and abilities but they've only had their numbers for a short time.

738743[/snapback]

But he was wrong even so and was trumped by his own beat reporter. He may have had a roster in hand TOO but he was reviewing play cards as mentioned above by LevysEra. Why are they sending the baseball expert to football camp anyway? Also, Bulldog can pretend that he's just a changed man all day long but I won't soon forget that when he was on a different station he carried a fair and objective view of the team and had more passion for the game itself.