Worst Bills of the last 15 years

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabe Northern was not good by any means, but I can't put him on this list because amazingly, he did make some big clutch plays.

1999 Monday Night in Miami, he either forced a Marino fumble or ran it back for 6, I forget which. The next week against Pittsburgh, he sealed the game with a late int. And that ugly Johnathon Linton game in Baltimore, he forced the fumble that gave the offense a chance to win it and make Flutie the hero again.

A guess a lot of that was just being in the right place at the right time but still, we could've been 8-8 instead of 11-5 without those three plays.

QB: Billy Joe Holbert - didn't read his playbook?  :rolleyes:

RB: Carey Bender - Marv and his Coe College alum... :)

WR: Bucky Brooks - 2nd round draft pick? 

FB: Jonathan Linton - no thanks

TE: Lonnie Johnson - makes Brooks look like Rice

T: Jerry Crafts - drank like a fish, blocked like one too

G: Jamie Nails - Never has a 400 pound guy been more of a kitty

C: Mike Devlin - anchored Arizona's OL after leaving Buffalo

DE: Erik Flowers - top ten bust of all time

DT: Lief Larson - proverbial strongest man at combine, to bad he didn't know how to play football

OLB: Eddie Robinson - turned Pennington into Vick

MLB: Corey Moore - he mostly played outside but he had to make the list

CB: Chris Watson - no punt catcher category to put him in

FS: Mark Kelso - "baby faced-assasin" with the ridiculous bobble-head helmet

SS: Coy Wire - it's not his fault, he just sucks

K: Shane Graham - figured out how to kick after he left

P: Rick Tuten - 1990  BUF  34.2  Avg Net punt yardage, 10 yards below his career best and 5 yards below his career average

ST: Charlie Rogers - was Terrance McGee with Det, looked like Kathrine MacPhee with Buffalo

723895[/snapback]

Perry Tuttle was a first round pick and was worse than Brooks.

I can't believe how the initial poster put Bruce DeHaven on the list as the worst Special Teams coach of the last 15 years, are you kidding me?

As others have mentioned, Ronnie "Pump It Up" Jones might be the worst ST coach in Bills history. I'll never forget the look of a beaten man on his face in one of his last games in the rain on a Sunday night in Seattle. I loved it!

An opposite approach to the other thread about the best bills, lets have some fun with this one and go with "Worst Bills of the last 15 years". 

My Take:

QB: Rob Johnson, Todd Collins, Billy Joe Holbert

RB: Antwain Smith, Shawn Bryson

WR: Bobby Shaw, Josh Reed, Antonio Brown, Quinn Early

FB: Cardwell Gardner

TE:

T: Mike Williams, John Fina

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo,  Corbin Lacina

C: Teague?

DE: Erik Flowers

DT:

OLB: Keith Newman, Eddie Robinson

MLB:

CB: Chris Watson, Ken Irvin

FS: Izell Reese

SS: Coy Wire

K: Norwood

P: Mohr (only because Moorman is the only other option)

ST: Watson, Charlie Rogers

HC: Greg Williams

OC: Kevin Gilbride

DC:

ST: Bruce DeHaven

Need some help!

723670[/snapback]

I like Garner alot- he was a tough SOB! I bet he would of kicked the sh-- out of anyone in the NFL in his day. Fina, Smith and Newman were servicable. Collins is still in the NFL and Norwood was an above average kicker

I like Garner alot- he was a tough SOB! 

Yeah he was....that guy had a square head, man.....he was a badass!

Ronnie Jones was the worst special teams coach anywhere.  I'll never forget reading how Chris Mohr was coaching the younger players on special teams the techniques they needed to get down field and make a tackle.

Jones was the ultimate clueless moron.  Hell, he didn't even bother to read a copy of Special Teams Coaching for Idiots.

724231[/snapback]

Ronnie Jones...I knew DeHaven wasn't the worst, but apparently my subconscious did me the favor of blocking out all memories of the stiff between him and Bobby April...

An opposite approach to the other thread about the best bills, lets have some fun with this one and go with "Worst Bills of the last 15 years".

There were a lot of guys worse than Mike WIlliams, Antowain Smith, Reed, Early, Shaw, Gardner, Williams, Fina, Lacina, Newman, Irvin, and Dehaven!

Fina and Lacina were outmanned playing on a bad line. Irvin was pretty good, and Gardner wasn't bad, especially considering we didnt use a fullback. Williams wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick, but wasnt as bad as he was made out to be.

Newman was a good 3-4 pass rusher. Dehaven is respected as one of the better ST coaches in the league.

Shaw is a very good 3rd or 4th WR.

Even Collins- he was given one year behind a bad line. He did show flashes- remember the indy game- down by 3, with no time outs.

Where is JD Williams, James Patton, Matt Rodgers, Kurt Schultz (always considered him overrated)

There were a lot of guys worse than Mike WIlliams, Antowain Smith, Reed, Early, Shaw, Gardner, Williams, Fina, Lacina, Newman, Irvin, and Dehaven!

Fina and Lacina were outmanned playing on a bad line. Irvin was pretty good, and Gardner wasn't bad, especially considering we didnt use a fullback. Williams wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick, but wasnt as bad as he was made out to be.

Newman was a good 3-4 pass rusher. Dehaven is respected as one of the better ST coaches in the league.

Shaw is a very good 3rd or 4th WR.

Even Collins- he was given one year behind a bad line. He did show flashes- remember the indy game- down by 3, with no time outs.

Where is JD Williams, James Patton, Matt Rodgers, Kurt Schultz (always considered him overrated)

724349[/snapback]

Couldn't disagree more about Schultz comment. Huge hitter and could cover. I think he had like 6 ints one year. Those defenses in the Wilson era were tremendous.

And to defend Williams is quite something. I agree, he wasn't really as bad on the field as many here proclaim, but his play and motivation compared to the money and expectations- makes him a must for the list

Tre Teague was clearly superior to Jerry Ostroski at Center, and that says a lot.

723848[/snapback]

Ostoski is another guy who I think geta bad rap. He is not a star but heck he did OK. I would take Ostroski any day over Teague. Ostroski was a classic over acheiver. He was not even drafted and yet he started at several positions

Fina was a good tackle, but his last two years here were beyond horrible.  I remember seeing him, over and over again, just stand there and watch a DE run around him to the QB.  It was unbelievable.  He would stand there with his hands up like he was going to block, and then just turn his body and follow the player as he ran around him. 

I don't know if it was injury or what, but those last two years were examples of the worst OT play I remember seeing.

723858[/snapback]

For most of his career John Fina was good. I agree that he lost a step in last two years and it took a toll on his play. The Bills should have moved Fina to Guard. The same thing happend to Joe Devli. He was moved to guard when he lost a step and could not play tackle. The difference is that Develin finished his career with Marv, and Fina with Gregggggg, who was clueless about offense.

My Take:

QB: Rob Johnson, Todd Collins, Billy Joe Holbert

RB: Antwain Smith, Shawn Bryson

WR: Bobby Shaw, Josh Reed, Antonio Brown, Quinn Early

FB: Cardwell Gardner

TE:

T: Mike Williams, John Fina

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo,  Corbin Lacina

C: Teague?

DE: Erik Flowers

DT:

OLB: Keith Newman, Eddie Robinson

MLB:

CB: Chris Watson, Ken Irvin

FS: Izell Reese

SS: Coy Wire

K: Norwood

P: Mohr (only because Moorman is the only other option)

ST: Watson, Charlie Rogers

HC: Greg Williams

OC: Kevin Gilbride

DC:

ST: Bruce DeHaven

Need some help!

723670[/snapback]

gonna have to disagree with a couple of these

Quinn Early was a decengt player for the Bills, nothing great but solid

Although I agree with your CB's listed I would have to add J.D. ( Jaime ) Williams to that list. The Bills took this guy at like 14 or 15 and he stunk and they kept starting him and he kept losing his job to Kirby Jackson

Bruce DeHaven was a good ST coach that took the heat for a total meltdown and fluke play

DC I would put Walt Corey, the guy coached scared

TE could be Lonnie Johnson, I was pumped when the Bills got him and he never panned out

I would agree with much of what you say, but Bruce Dehaven being a lousy special teams coach? Are you on crack? We should have never let him, though I do like Bobby April, Bruce was special and ended up as the whipping boy for the Music City Miracle.

Naming Scott Norwood as a "worst" flushes the cred of this entire list.  Norwood was a tremendous kicker, and won many pressure games for the Bills.  Yes he missed "wide right."  But that one kick doesn't make him a "worst."

PTR

723732[/snapback]

I concur, Norwood though not listed as one of the best, was certainly good enough. He shouldn't be on the worst list. We have had much worse over the years, and besides...it was Frank Reich's fault for putting the laces off center. Look at the pic.

[/color]

Because that's what I chose to use.

Does the blue in bold offend or annoy you ?  :)

Would you prefer I switch ?      :flirt:

724624[/snapback]

It's cool with me. Just different. Speaking of different, why is your blue different than mine?

Ronnie Jones...I knew DeHaven wasn't the worst, but apparently my subconscious did me the favor of blocking out all memories of the stiff between him and Bobby April...

724306[/snapback]

There was Danny Smith in between....He was the ST hire for Greg Williams..and

is now the ST coach for the Redskins.

Shaw sucked whereever he played....He was run out of town from Pittsburgh,

Jacksonville and Buffalo......

724633[/snapback]

hmmm...I seem to recall him being productive on third downs. Anytime he was asked to do more, he shrivled up like a cold peepee.

It's cool with me.  Just different.  Speaking of different, why is your blue different than mine?

724630[/snapback]

Oh okay, now I copy.

You're using the standard blue which is a royal blue and a bit too bright for my liking. I'm using a more HTML version of blue

which isn't so damn bright on the eyes. :flirt:

What's wrong with your RED SOX, losing 3 of 4 at home to A's where they're usually tuff ? If they blow this division to those old & tired

YANKEES it'll kill me ! I'm an ANGELS supporter but I dont' mind BOSTON, I just can't stand the YANKS .. Can't believe how badly

they swept the Chisox.

:)