False advertising on Gas Prices

rockpile

The Red Apple/Kwik Fill is posting gas prices lower than their competitors.

On one side of the street there are three prices clearly posted for the three grades of gas.

At Kwik Fill, they display the top two grades in large signs, but the lowest grade price is blank. On another sign, in bright bold letters, regular gas is listed about 4 to 5 cents a gallon lower than the station across the street.

Once you pull in you see that you need their credit card to get the reduced price. Like I NEED another credit card! :)

Smart advertising but annoying as hell.

Gas prices here in Rochacha are currently running at 2.83 - 2.87 lowest prices as of today, btw.

LOL at needing ANOTHER credit card....

What I dont 'get' is the continued need for the 9/10 addition to the price...

$2.99 and 9 tenths....Geesh,.....Like that is gonna make a difference...

LOL at needing  ANOTHER credit card....

What I dont 'get'  is the continued need for the 9/10 addition to the price...

$2.99 and 9 tenths....Geesh,.....Like that is gonna make a difference...

723499[/snapback]

Actually, it does make a difference, psychologically. They get 9/10 to the price of gas, and you say you paid $2.99 a gallon, when in actuality you paid much closer to $3/gallon...

And I got the Sunoco credit card which gets me a 4% cash rebate on all purchases at Sunoco stations, credited monthly (1% anywhere else I use it). Helps me track my fuel usage as well...Pay it off monthly, so I carry no balance.

where's it 2.83?

i think it was 2.89 at the Delta Sonic and BJ's on West Henrietta yesterday

723591[/snapback]

$3.25 in on the cheap side here in SoCal. I think who's getting hurt the most by this are the car washes. I've seen a lot more dirty cars on the road lately, and that includes mine. Just might start doing it myself again.

$3.25 in on the cheap side here in SoCal.  I think who's getting hurt the most by this are the car washes.  I've seen a lot more dirty cars on the road lately, and that includes mine.  Just might start doing it myself again.

723618[/snapback]

There's one gas station near my house, a Mobil, that advertises 7cents off per gallon when you buy a car wash. Well, cheapest car wash is $7, so in order to actually save money, you would need to buy 100 gallons in one stop before you save money.

where's it 2.83?

i think it was 2.89 at the Delta Sonic and BJ's on West Henrietta yesterday

723591[/snapback]

Today? Delta Sonic or Hess - 900 block of W Ridge Rd. $2.87 at Optima (Wal-Mart Hudson Ave)

Actually, it does make a difference, psychologically.  They get 9/10 to the price of gas, and you say you paid $2.99 a gallon, when in actuality you paid much closer to $3/gallon...

And I got the Sunoco credit card which gets me a 4% cash rebate on all purchases at Sunoco stations, credited monthly (1% anywhere else I use it).  Helps me track my fuel usage as well...Pay it off monthly, so I carry no balance.

723579[/snapback]

I have been happy with the Citi Dividend Card which gives me 5% on gas, groceries and drug store and 1% elsewhere.

I have the Kwik Fill card and it gives me back 5 cents off per gallon purchased on my monthly bill (but you have to pay it on time to get the discount price).

Mobil is the worst...I have seen signs showing 10 cents off per gallon and in teeny tiny letters below it that are barely visible by the road it says "with purchase of a wash" which you do not see until you pull in...then it shows the real price on the pumps which is a joke.....so I switched to Kwik Fill which I have not seen a sign from them that is not truthful in my part of the town.

Plus Kwik Fill has a couple of full serve stations for the same price as self serve which is good in case it rains or snows.

I have been happy with the Citi Dividend Card which gives me 5% on gas, groceries and drug store and 1% elsewhere.

723799[/snapback]

I have a Geico credit card which gives me the same stuff. It takes the % and subtracts it from your policy.

I've seen a few stations that just post 2 _ _ 9/10.

I live about 5 miles from an interstate exchange, and the 4 stations take it in the neck from a Kroger grocery store station. The Kroger always delays any rise by several hours, which all the locals are aware of.