Who will suprise the most in camp...

The most improvement is generally between years one and two, so I think a candidate would be Duke Preston. His ability as a rookie was relatively first rate, and he's had a year of weight room training to sharpen his strength at the point of attack and will probably feel much more "at home" in his second year. Another possibility is Lionel Gates. we'll see whether he has the juice to make the final roster. I'm thinking he gives it his all and makes this football team!!

I think the people that will amaze will probably be Youboty, Gates, and Duke Preston.

Duke Preston will be in his third year and i felt as though he showed flashes of ability over the last few years. I think you can look for him to start at right guard by the end of the year, thus pushing Chris Villarial out of the way. If Tutan Reyes does not work out i think you could see Preston starting at Left Guard by week five.

The reason i say Lionel Gates is because i think he has the quickness, speed, and agility to make him a threat in this league. I think by the end of training camp you will see him moved ahead of Shaud Williams on the depth chart and i think he will fill a role similar to that of Kenny Davis.

Youboty is my rookie choice to come in and light things up. I don't know that much about him so i can't judge. I just have a feeling about the kid. I think he will be our nickelback in NE in week one, and i think he will excel throughout the season.

I think the people that will amaze will probably be Youboty, Gates, and Duke Preston.

Duke Preston will be in his third year and .

723655[/snapback]

Preston will be in his 2nd year in the league. He was drafted last year.

The most improvement is generally between years one and two, so I think a candidate would be Duke Preston. His ability as a rookie was relatively first rate, and he's had a year of weight room training to sharpen his strength at the point of attack and will probably feel much more "at home" in his second year. Another possibility is Lionel Gates. we'll see whether he has the juice to make the final roster. I'm thinking he gives it his all and makes this football team!!

723522[/snapback]

I like those choices a lot....I have high hopes for Gates, even though admittedly I have no real basis for feeling that way :)

Ko Simpson, they won't be able to keep him off the field.

723585[/snapback]

If Nate leaves, I'm sure Ko will be happy to wear the moniker of "playmaker" :)

I'll take a stab and say Angelo Crowell will take a stranglehold of the SOLB position. I wouldn't have said this before learning that we would be running the cover two Defense, but I think he's a perfect cover two type player. Great quickness and feels the depth of his zone drops well. Even better IMO would be if he and Spikes switched sides and played it that way. Posey could play on the edge on sure passing downs or just be a real good backup.

723522[/snapback]

He is my dark horse candidate to be a surprise starter, unseating Villarial on the right side.