Oregon State...National Champions

1st national championship in baseball in school history!

Give it up people! The Beavers were underdogs pretty much all the way and fought back from the brink of elimination twice to win the title over UNC. That was awesome. I can't believe that 1st baseman didn't catch that toss from the 2nd baseman. It wasn't that bad of a throw and it hit his glove for fuggs sake. He also wasn't set up like a 1st baseman normally would...he had his foot on top of the bag! I haven't seen that since little league! I know the guy is normally a catcher but that was awful!

Congrats to OSU though, they deserved it! :lol:

1st national championship in baseball in school history!

Give it up people! The Beavers were underdogs pretty much all the way and fought back from the brink of elimination twice to win the title over UNC. That was awesome. I can't believe that 1st baseman didn't catch that toss from the 2nd baseman. It wasn't that bad of a throw and it hit his glove for fuggs sake. He also wasn't set up like a 1st baseman normally would...he had his foot on top of the bag! I haven't seen that since little league! I know the guy is normally a catcher but that was awful!

Congrats to OSU though, they deserved it! :lol:

714574[/snapback]

Yes, this was cool to see! Congrats to my fellow Beavers. :)

Congrats to OSU. I think their manager took some liberties with the arms of young kids in his quest for the title, but you can't debate that Nickerson, Gunderson, et al, played with a ton of heart.

I feel badly for Bard, who pitched an incredible game and was on the unlucky end of the result. Carolina blew far too many opportunities to score in the middle/late innings, and their defense has been a problem all year. They are young, so hopefully this wasn't a "one and done" appearance for them at the CWS.

Horrible throw to first, you can see he tried to aim the ball instead of just throwing it. The first baseman wasn't in good position and should of stepped off the bag to prevent the ball from getting past him, but there is not disputing it was a bad throw. I feel really bad for that kid, going to be a tough one to get over. But in reality, blowing a 5-0 lead in game 2 was their ultimate demise.

Yes, this was cool to see!   Congrats to my fellow Beavers.  :lol:

714578[/snapback]

There's something wrong with this statement, but I just can't put my finger on it. :)

Congrats to OSU. I saw a stat that showed they were 6-0 in the CWS when facing elimination. Guys just kept clawing back.

Horrible throw to first, you can see he tried to aim the ball instead of just throwing it.  The first baseman wasn't in good position and should of stepped off the bag to prevent the ball from getting past him, but there is not disputing it was a bad throw.  I feel really bad for that kid, going to be a tough one to get over.  But in reality, blowing a 5-0 lead in game 2 was their ultimate demise.

714630[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Bad throw, but the first baseman could have been in better position to snag it.

There's something wrong with this statement, but I just can't put my finger on it. :wacko:

Congrats to OSU.  I saw a stat that showed they were 6-0 in the CWS when facing elimination.  Guys just kept clawing back.

714631[/snapback]

Well, you noticed that I used a upper case "B" when spelling Beavers?? :) I went to OSU so it's cool to see my team win. :lol:

Well, you noticed that I used a upper case "B" when spelling Beavers??  :)  I went to OSU so it's cool to see my team win.  :lol:

714755[/snapback]

Bigger is not always better ya know.

I was pulling for them throughout the game, very happy they won.

yeah yeah yeah I watched the game last night, the most amazing play i saw was when that guy stole home just behind a swinging 3rd strike for the final out. What a play by the catcher to hold on to the ball and what a play by the runner to get there so quick, that was a hellllllllll of a play

yeah yeah yeah I watched the game last night, the most amazing play i saw was when that guy stole home just behind a swinging 3rd strike for the final out.  What a play by the catcher to hold on to the ball and what a play by the runner to get there so quick, that was a hellllllllll of a play

714772[/snapback]

And a crappy play by the hitter to swing at strike 3 in the dirt. The run would have scored if he holds up.