'Sopranos' Stars Warn "Pay Raise or We're Off"

Rico

Link

Cast members of hit mafia series The Sopranos are demanding higher salaries after the show's bosses secured a string of lucrative rerun rights and staggering DVD sales. Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who plays Meadow, Robert Iler, who plays A.J., Steven Schirripa, who plays Bobby Bacala, Steven Van Zandt, who plays Silvio Dante, Lorraine Bracco, who plays Dr. Melfi, and Tony Sirico, who plays Paulie 'Walnuts', are all demanding a substantial raise before signing up for the final season, set to begin next month. They've reportedly threatened to walk out unless their wages more than double. However, network HBO is only offering a fraction of their demands, and may be forced to write characters out of the series if they don't settle. A source tells the New York Post, "It's coming down to the wire. HBO just doesn't want to pay. No one has deals and they're very far apart. (Show creator) David Chase has tried to help the actors, but even his pleas have fallen on deaf ears. The guys want (a new deal) to happen. These are the last eight episodes, and the money is going to be coming in for HBO for years to come. But the actors get no residuals - and they want to be compensated. They're being treated like dog s**t." An HBO spokesman refused to comment on the pay reports.

:devil: Here we go again.

Link

:devil: Here we go again.

709201[/snapback]

I hear you...I see the actor's points, but please, beyond Lorraine Bracco, and Little Steven (by far the worst adult actor on the show), would anyone even know who these people are? Are they really going to sit out the last 8 episodes of the higlight of their careers, just for money?

I saw an interview with the guy who played Vito (can't remember his real name). He had a point.

He lobbied for the gay thing, and for his character to get killed off, before the final break. He knew that it would be his chance to be remembered, as more than just the "fat guy" (which one?) from the show....

Cut Meadow, Bobby, and Dr. Melfi (they had to write some "F" bombs this season just to keep her character interesting) and double up Paulie, AJ, and Sylvio.

I can support Meadow getting a big pay raise if she'll get nekkid. :devil:

709210[/snapback]

lol, yo tambien

And people wonder why the horrifying "reality" trend continues. It's so much easier to produce a successful show when you don't need to renegotiate cast pay every two years.

They need to kill off a few people anyway to make it interesting. Time to call a few bluffs.

And people wonder why the horrifying "reality" trend continues.  It's so much easier to produce a successful show when you don't need to renegotiate cast pay every two years.

They need to kill off a few people anyway to make it interesting.  Time to call a few bluffs.

709228[/snapback]

What they need to do is kill people in reality shows.

THEN I'd start watching them.

I don't have hbo, but I did rent for free the first two seasons my library..

That was a couple years ago, need to get back and rent the following seasons.

While watching the show I actually reconized some of the locations from my days going to dead shows at the meadowlands, and staying at various motels and camping in the weeds along patterson plank rd... Nothing like wakeing up, and crawling out the tent ,putting on some coffee while dae woo workers are walking by you getting ready to punch in at some humongous industial bld. that I camped next to..

And people wonder why the horrifying "reality" trend continues.  It's so much easier to produce a successful show when you don't need to renegotiate cast pay every two years.

They need to kill off a few people anyway to make it interesting.  Time to call a few bluffs.

709228[/snapback]

It's no fun if they kill them offscreen, or if they do some cheesy thing where someone who resembles Meadow from behind gets shot in the back of the head.

Wow, I thought they had already shot the last 8 episodes. Apparently not.

But then again, they're the last 8 episodes, so who really cares?

709252[/snapback]

Yeah, I think their best work is behind them.

709252[/snapback]

Well it could be the most crucial.

Anyway it's just a bluff, Sopranos wouldn't survive without those cast members and those guys wouldn't find other good jobs elsewhere for nearly as much money.

Cut Meadow, Bobby, and Dr. Melfi (they had to write some "F" bombs this season just to keep her character interesting) and double up Paulie, AJ, and Sylvio.

709209[/snapback]

Toss Michael Imperioli onto the scrap heap as well and we have a deal.

I could care less...this season has been laughable at best. I had to stop wasting my time watching that drivel. And it is sad because I have been with the show since the inception.

OK, nobody comes back...here's what you do:

Opening Scene:

Tony: "Christopher, remember that big F'n Russian you guys let get away in the woods a couple of years ago? Well, he's back, and he just whacked Paulie."

Christopher: "No F'n way! Christ, I've gotta find him before he finds me."

And there, my friends, you have enough to fill eight episodes and at the same time close the biggest story line still open. :doh:

from what i saw last season, they dont deserve a raise.

but if i were them, i would be demanding a raise also. people buy HBO for the shows and movies. and the Sopranos is the biggest show they have.