Game 7: Buffalo at Carolina 7:30 EST

I knew it was a bad omen when the came into the third period and said 90% of teams with the lead after two periods have won game sevens. ugh

701993[/snapback]

The Kiss of Death.

Some stats should be outlawed. <_<

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes me look like sunshine incarnate.

702070[/snapback]

Some people like to B word because they step in a pile of dog schitt and some people step in the dog schitt, get pissed, and decide to start body-slamming the same pile...off the turnbuckles.

Some folks have been a bit edgy lately, dear. Hockey playoffs, Batwoman as a carpet muncher, Tom's incessant Lightfoot couplets.

It can all get a bit overwhelming.

702078[/snapback]

Things will lighten up once Bills Traning Camp starts...it always does here on The Wall...its especially calm after the first preseason game.

<_<

Here is About.com's look into the 2006 NHL Free Agency Period. 

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeag...free_agents.htm

The Sabres UFAs are:

# D Rory Fitzpatrick, 31

# D Jay McKee, 28

# D Teppo Numminen, 37

And they have the least amount of cash tied up with current players out of all the NHL teams with the new cap.  This team is just primed to get better and better.  I'd love to see McKee come back to us...and as much as I dig Teppo, his age and that late injury kinda scares me away, especially when there are oodles of quality Defensemen out there.

Who wants to wave goodbye to Rory when the Sabres kick him to the Thruway?

701853[/snapback]

Grier is also an UFA.

I certainly hope they re-sign him.  Greer was a steal; the Capitals were stupid to let him go.

702364[/snapback]

They were in rebuilding mode, so they traded a relatively high paid player who didn't fit into their future plans for a prospect. I don't see how that makes them stupid.

Grier and Teppo will easily re-sign with us. Teppo wants one more year gunning for the Cup and Grier is uber-comfortable where he is.

McKee, as everyone knows already...is going to be issue. He's probably good enough to fetch 4-5 million on the open market with the idiotic deals that have been floating around. Methinks he's gone sadly.

Grier and Teppo will easily re-sign with us.  Teppo wants one more year gunning for the Cup and Grier is uber-comfortable where he is.

702369[/snapback]

Retirement is a serious option for Teppo. Don't forget about his heart issue. That will play a major role in his decision.

The Kiss of Death.

Some stats should be outlawed.  :doh:

702030[/snapback]

As a former hockey researcher for ESPN, I agree Rockpile. Sometimes, you can toss the stats out the window. Especially in that kind of pressure situation when everything is on the line.

Just look at what Justin Williams said between the 2nd and 3rd period. To paraphrase, he said "they've been a third period team all year." He basically hinted that he was confident his team would tie it up and find a way to win it.