Game 7: Buffalo at Carolina 7:30 EST

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just shows how assinine it is too take this stuff so seriously. Buffalo is a cursed sports town-true.....--but the problem is we have never had the best team in the league in any sport. Even the first SB team was not as good as the 49er team that lost the NFC championship.

So maybe our problem is that we never actually have the best team--combined with the fact that we are not LUCKY enough to take a championship given that fact.

701738[/snapback]

Good point about the '90 49ers - they would've been slight favorites (although it would've been close). I don't see how anyone can argue this team wasn't the best in the NHL when healthy though.

Yeah Canes...celebrate your asses off.  Celebrate that you JUST barely beat us, with home ice advantage, when we were down 4 out of 6 defensemen AND our best scorer.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I am UBER pumped up about the Sabres.  What a fantastic team this was...we'll take the Cup next year considering the lack of UFAs on this team (McKee we can re-sign, and Grier...eh...I'd love to see him back but wont cry if we go in another direction.)

We got oodles of cash to play with, the best young team in the NHL (how about this, guys like Dylan Hunter, Marek Zagrapan and Drew Stafford are adding to our already amazing forward depth).

Oh and this young team that couldnt win because we didnt have any playoff experience?  They got it now.  I feel sh------- we couldnt pull this game out, but damn it...the Canes KNOW they got insanely lucky with this one.

701721[/snapback]

At least when we win it next year, we'll be wearing blue and gold.

I seriously hate being from Buffalo.

Why? Why couldn't I have been born in LA or Dallas or NYC or Boston?

:(

701729[/snapback]

Puh-lease Joe, after what this team gave us this year...and considering how much they accomplished with everything they had going against them (huge injuries, lack of playoff experience)...you cant tell me you dont think next year we hoist the Cup. I think everyone in the NHL realizes that...AND this team is in fantastic shape headed into the offseason to get EVEN BETTER.

Everyone knows if we stayed healthy and we brought out a Defense Rotation of McKee, Numminen, Tallinder, Campbell, Kalinin and Lydman instead of Janik, Paestch, Jillson, Fitzpatrick, Campbell and Lydman...the Canes would have been absolutely demolished.

Injuries are a part of the game, but I've never seen the injury bug bite a team so hard...and that team kept coming at you like the Sabres did.

Well, we don't have hockey in Cleveland (the AHL's Barons moved to Worcester after this season, and the replacement team that the Cavaliers owner bought doesn't come in until '07-'08), but we had a heck of a ride with the LeBrons.

And the Buffalo Sabres did even better.

I can't wait for hockey to come back to Cleveland, even if it's only AHL. I forgot how exciting it is.

Mike

BINGO!

Cheap ownership, horrible coaching and overmatched players = FAILURE.

701747[/snapback]

I don't how you can call Golisano cheap or Ruff horrible...and your players are bound to be overmatched when you lose four starting defensemen in ten games. :(

Congrats to Carolina, for just barely beating the Rochester Amerks' defense... :lol:

Puh-lease Joe, after what this team gave us this year...and considering how much they accomplished with everything they had going against them (huge injuries, lack of playoff experience)...you cant tell me you dont think next year we hoist the Cup.  I think everyone in the NHL realizes that...AND this team is in fantastic shape headed into the offseason to get EVEN BETTER.

Everyone knows if we stayed healthy and we brought out a Defense Rotation of McKee, Numminen, Tallinder, Campbell, Kalinin and Lydman instead of Janik, Paestch, Jillson, Fitzpatrick, Campbell and Lydman...the Canes would have been absolutely demolished. 

Injuries are a part of the game, but I've never seen the injury bug bite a team so hard...and that team kept coming like the Sabres did.

701760[/snapback]

Could be ravaged by injuries next year too, you know.

You know as well as I do that Buffalo wil never see a cup or Lombardi. ever.