Game 7: Buffalo at Carolina 7:30 EST

They're the Mighty Ducks, for God's sake.  You know who the first coach of the Mighty Ducks was?  Emilio Esteves.  :( 

NO !@#$ING WAY they deserve to be anywhere near the Stanley Cup.

701805[/snapback]

Dude, anyone can tell you that the first coach of the Mighty Ducks was Gordon Bombay (played by Emilio Estevez). And they had to win so he could stick it to his old pee wee coach who made him quit hockey as a kid.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, but I know the Bills won 2 AFL championships back in the 60's.  While nice, they're NOT SB's or SC's, but they're the best we got.

701816[/snapback]

Wait until you're older. Didn't understand how as my dad got older he talked less and less about the Bills. Now I know why. There's more to life.

Hey at least the Rigas family doesnt own them. It's 2-2.....Lights out John and Tim.

701818[/snapback]

Yeah.

There is that.

What kills me the most is that I know that until next October there's going to be NOTHING sportswise to cheer for in Buffalo.

I wonder what will happen first now:

Bills win the superbowl

or

Sabres win the "Cup"

Sabres win the cup, by far.  10 years down the road they will do it.

701823[/snapback]

Sabres got it next season. And I'm serious about that prediction.

Dude, anyone can tell you that the first coach of the Mighty Ducks was Gordon Bombay (played by Emilio Estevez).  And they had to win so he could stick it to his old pee wee coach who made him quit hockey as a kid.

701827[/snapback]

I went to a game in their first year and a lady behind me asked the person next to her why the players had poles in their hands. No lie. :(

Yeah.

There is that.

What kills me the most is that I know that until next October there's going to be NOTHING sportswise to cheer for in Buffalo.

701831[/snapback]

Bills will be 0-4 by October. :(

Here is About.com's look into the 2006 NHL Free Agency Period.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeag...free_agents.htm

The Sabres UFAs are:

# D Rory Fitzpatrick, 31

# D Jay McKee, 28

# D Teppo Numminen, 37

And they have the least amount of cash tied up with current players out of all the NHL teams with the new cap. This team is just primed to get better and better. I'd love to see McKee come back to us...and as much as I dig Teppo, his age and that late injury kinda scares me away, especially when there are oodles of quality Defensemen out there.

Who wants to wave goodbye to Rory when the Sabres kick him to the Thruway?

Time to trade Max...

he is not a hitter like the rest of the forwards and can be taken out of play easily by just getting a little bit of interference from the other team.

Sure he skates well and can cut and deke but his production is not where it is and we need people who can hit and score ugly or not....he also tends to be a little selfish with the puck

I would also like to thank Rory Fitzpatrick for standing around not knowing where the play is getting burned for the series loss by Brind amour

I guess all the defensemen injuries will heal up nicely now that we are out of it

Time to trade Max...

he is not a hitter like the rest of the forwards and can be taken out of play easily by just getting a little bit of interference from the other team.

Sure he skates well and can cut and deke but his production is not where it is and we need people who can hit and score ugly or not....he also tends to be a little selfish with the puck

I would also like to thank Rory Fitzpatrick for standing around not knowing where the play is getting burned for the series loss by Brind amour

I guess all the defensemen injuries will heal up nicely now that we are out of it

701857[/snapback]

Sign them all back!