Game 7: Buffalo at Carolina 7:30 EST

Time to trade Max...

he is not a hitter like the rest of the forwards and can be taken out of play easily by just getting a little bit of interference from the other team.

Sure he skates well and can cut and deke but his production is not where it is and we need people who can hit and score ugly or not....he also tends to be a little selfish with the puck

I would also like to thank Rory Fitzpatrick for standing around not knowing where the play is getting burned for the series loss by Brind amour

I guess all the defensemen injuries will heal up nicely now that we are out of it

701857[/snapback]

Except that Max led the team in assists. He doesn't score...but he does produce...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to thank Rory Fitzpatrick for standing around not knowing where the play is getting burned for the series loss by Brind amour

701857[/snapback]

Not that we NEEDED another reason to let Rory go...but he definitely gave us another tonight.

Here is About.com's look into the 2006 NHL Free Agency Period. 

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeag...free_agents.htm

The Sabres UFAs are:

# D Rory Fitzpatrick, 31

# D Jay McKee, 28

# D Teppo Numminen, 37

And they have the least amount of cash tied up with current players out of all the NHL teams with the new cap.  This team is just primed to get better and better.  I'd love to see McKee come back to us...and as much as I dig Teppo, his age and that late injury kinda scares me away, especially when there are oodles of quality Defensemen out there.

Who wants to wave goodbye to Rory when the Sabres kick him to the Thruway?

701853[/snapback]

Looking over the list, I think it'd be hilarious if the Sabres could bring Peca back. Put him with Mair and Gaustad and you have the greatest checking line in the history of hockey. Won't happen, just amusing myself to get over the loss.

If McCabe is worth $6M a year, does that mean Ed Jovonaski is worth $20M a year?

Except that Max led the team in assists.  He doesn't score...but he does produce...

701860[/snapback]

I'd entertain trading him. He's pretty inconsistent and it doesn't look like he's ever going to develop a shot to go with everything else he does. His stock is high too, so maybe we could get something good in return.

Not that we NEEDED another reason to let Rory go...but he definitely gave us another tonight.

701861[/snapback]

He's good as a seventh defensemen, someone who you can put in from time to time but not count on for the long haul. Could we really put a young guy like Janik or Jillson in that role? Or Paetsch? I think of those guys as players we're planning on developing into full time Sabres someday so I'd like them to play.

I'd entertain trading him.  He's pretty inconsistent and it doesn't look like he's ever going to develop a shot to go with everything else he does.  His stock is high too, so maybe we could get something good in return.

701871[/snapback]

Oh, that was Max? I thought it was Michelle Kwan wearing his jersey this series.

And Edmonton is gonna ROLL on these suckas.

701788[/snapback]

I hope so, but Carolina is a very good team. The Oilers remind me a little bit of the Sabres in 1999, right down to Peca and Roloson. They had a decent, but not great regular season, just managed to qualify for the playoffs, were truly charmed, and maybe playing over their heads for three rounds of the playoffs, before reality set in, and the better team won. I'll be pulling for them, but I get the feeling the Hurricanes win this in six games. As much fun as I have had watching the Sabres and Oilers this year, after tonight, I don't know that I will have he heart to watch any more.

I wish I could've seen the Sabres take on the canes full strength (minus all the injuries)...this series wouldn't have had to go 7

regarding the canes, I'll only say that I dislike Rod Brindamor. He has some nerve, and he looks like a pile of stevestojan.

actually, i wouldn't mind punching laviolette in the face either

701861[/snapback]

He was painful to watch. Very painful.

No, they didn't accomplish anything. They didn't win a cup. No one remembers the third place finisher.

701712[/snapback]

Oh come on. Yeah. I know it was a heartbreaking way to lose. But for you to say the Sabres didn't accomplish anything is just not true. That team had more heart than any other. Despite all the injuries, they gave you a heck of a ride. And gave it all. They just ran out of gas in the end.

Buffalo was not supposed to be here but they proved they were capable of great things. Maybe if they had McKee and Talinder back they win it all. Maybe Connolly is the icing to that first championship.

They were talented, gritty and worked their butts off.

I tip my cap to the Sabres. One year it's going to happen and you won't have anything to B word about anymore. And when it does, maybe that will finally change the perception.

GO SABRES IN 07!

Oh come on. Yeah. I know it was a heartbreaking way to lose. But for you to say the Sabres didn't accomplish anything is just not true. That team had more heart than any other. Despite all the injuries, they gave you a heck of a ride. And gave it all. They just ran out of gas in the end.

Buffalo was not supposed to be here but they proved they were capable of great things. Maybe if they had McKee and Talinder back they win it all. Maybe Connolly is the icing to that first championship.

They were talented, gritty and worked their butts off.

I tip my cap to the Sabres. One year it's going to happen and you won't have anything to B word about anymore. And when it does, maybe that will finally change the perception.

GO SABRES IN 07!

702010[/snapback]

Bingo! <_< (1up sound in the background)

BINGO!

Cheap ownership, horrible coaching and overmatched players = FAILURE.

701747[/snapback]

Eh. I won't get into other Buffalo teams which fell short. But Lindy Ruff got all he could out of this Sabres team and the players were maybe the most talented team they've had. I won't touch the ownership aspect.

Personally, I think Buffalo has a very good chance to be back in this position next year. But it's not guaranteed. Their crop of forwards is excellent and that won't change much. Re-sign McKee and maybe get one more upgrade for the blueline and you might see them win it all.

Bingo! <_<  (1up sound in the background)

702011[/snapback]

Thanks. :) Spoken from a diehard Ranger fan who wanted to see Buffalo win it all. And still do because I understand what you all have endured and how big a celebration it would be.

Ruff for President!

Miller for Vezina!

Briere for Conn Smythe!

And Grier for Selke!