Anyone here live in/near Batavia?

Steve, if you only knew. He's got a 20+ foot tall balloon likeness of him doing the pointing thing. Funny thing is he got into a fight with the town because the base of the balloon (where the fan is) has that slogan on it, and the town said that put him over the "signage limit." Now he has to park a truck in front of the base...

What's a Batavia?

700456[/snapback]

Well believe it or not it was the big city when I was growing up. Oh and Dan BTW if the Sabres make it to the finals meet me at the T because as Ozzy says: "Momma, I'm comin' home!"

What's a Batavia?

700456[/snapback]

Hey. I resemble that. I grew up there and we lived around the corner from the Ognibenes. He had a sister that was hot sh_t when we we got to the age of waking up sticky.

Since I have been removed from WNY for some time, I have no idea what became of any of the Ogs and I am unable to relate why Mike is in your scope.

But if he has found some way to make a small business thrive in upstate NY, he deserves more credit than the crap we gave him growing up.

But if he has found some way to make a small business thrive in upstate NY, he deserves more credit than the crap we gave him growing up.

700501[/snapback]

He and a bunch of other assorted freak car dealers have got into the "let's see who can make the most obnoxious car commercial" war in and around Rochacha. At least I don't have to see Jaba the Vinnie (or was it Angelo) anymore. :lol:

Well believe it or not it was the big city when I was growing up.  Oh and Dan BTW if the Sabres make it to the finals meet me at the T because as Ozzy says:  "Momma, I'm comin' home!"

700478[/snapback]

When I was a senior at Perry High, we used to drive 25 miles to go to Carrolls for a 25 cent hamburger. Compared to Perry, Castile, and Silver Springs it WAS the big city. :lol:

When I was a senior at Perry High, we used to drive 25 miles to go to Carrolls for a 25 cent hamburger. Compared to Perry, Castile, and Silver Springs it WAS the big city.  :lol:

700508[/snapback]

used to drive? is that what they used to call it when you rode the horse and buggy?

When I was a senior at Perry High, we used to drive 25 miles to go to Carrolls for a 25 cent hamburger.

700508[/snapback]

Carrolls - holy schitt, old man. Was the menu in sanskrit?

Though data from this era is scarce, it is also believed that these people periodically visited an establishment called "The Big N".

Though data from this era is scarce, it is also believed that these people periodically visited an establishment called "The Big N".

700518[/snapback]

that is funny! where i grew up just out side of Oneonta, NY there was a Carroll's just outside the Big N in the same plaza parking lot.

He and a bunch of other assorted freak car dealers have got into the "let's see who can make the most obnoxious car commercial" war in and around Rochacha.  At least I don't have to see Jaba the Vinnie (or was it Angelo) anymore.  :lol:

700504[/snapback]

Anyone remember Dan Creed ?

When I was a senior at Perry High, we used to drive 25 miles to go to Carrolls for a 25 cent hamburger. Compared to Perry, Castile, and Silver Springs it WAS the big city.  :lol:

700508[/snapback]

Red Barn was WAY better than Carrolls

700518[/snapback]

Forget the Big N, Twin Fair was where it was at!

Used to go to Carroll's after marching with the cub/boy scouts in the Memorial Day parade. Sit out at the tables out back and throw fries to the birds (what? You mean that some people actually ate them?). The one in Batavia is a Tully's now. It was a Big Boy for a while. "Crime of the 20th Century" was when the Big Boy was stolen from out in front of the restaurant...Had to go all the way across town to go to the Red Barn (that's a Greek-owned family restaurant now).

If you wanted a nice sit-down meal, the Your Host in town wasn't too far away from Carroll's... :lol:

Red Barn was WAY better than Carrolls

700547[/snapback]

The BarnBuster, I couldnt wait till I was old enough to order that (Mom always said I'd never finish it)..last one I saw was in Corning around the early 80s, So bummed when it finally closed.