Vic Carucci predicts that Nall will end up QB#1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Losman comes out and just puts the issue to rest....

He has so much more talent then either of these 2 guys....his thread to be able to run for first downs would make him a complete player if he could just settle down on his accuracy

694966[/snapback]

Agree 100 %. Holcomb may end up #1 but that would be the worst thing for this franchise. One of the other two needs to step to the plate. If any one unrelated to K. Holcomb is rooting for him to be #1 (if they are a Bills fan) then I question their understanding of the game. The goal is to win it all and Holcomb has NO chance of doing it ! The other two are question marks and... a "Maybe but probably not" is still much better than an "absolutely not". Thanks.

I hope that they do not hand the job to someone. We saw how that worked out last year.

I hope that JP, KH, or CN wins the job outright and without any question so that we can get over all the QB controversies.

If they were just going to open it up and give the starting job to the quarterback who won the job in practice, Drew Bledsoe would still be the Bills QB. And outside of Bill the Cat in NYC, who the hell wants that?

694981[/snapback]

Fezmid :doh:

If they were just going to open it up and give the starting job to the quarterback who won the job in practice, Drew Bledsoe would still be the Bills QB. And outside of Bill the Cat in NYC, who the hell wants that?

694981[/snapback]

LOL!

Well KTD, looking at Bledsoe's career and watching JP hop around, I think that there is a better chance of scraps asking me to be the best man at his wedding than for JP to ever accumulate 1/3 of Bledsoe's lifetime stats in virtually any category.

Last I looked, one of these guys is competing with Holcomb and Nalls for a starting job. :doh:

I hope Losman comes out and just puts the issue to rest....

He has so much more talent then either of these 2 guys....his thread to be able to run for first downs would make him a complete player if he could just settle down on his accuracy

694966[/snapback]

And how do you know Losman is that much more talented than Craig Nall? Have you been to the mini camps or practices? It would be great if Losman could calm the hell down and learn to throw some of his passes with a little more touch rather than 100mph rockets...but does he have what it takes mentally to make it through the rigorous NFL season? I guess time will tell...One great thing about watching Losman is he makes it exciting...I was always on the edge of my seat watching him in there....though i'm not sure that's a good thing. :doh:

then i hope to God that JP wins the starting job. Because if Nall wins it in camp, i think i'd get sick just thinking that we'd be on the SAME side of a Bills QB issue. <_<

In all seriousness, this would be a good problem to have. I'm sure we'd both agree Jim Kelly should have been starting back in the early '90s. If another QB can create the same unity in the fan base Kelly did, it means he's doing something right!

I don't know why, but for some reason I find myself rooting for Nall.  I've been an all out JP backer up until now, and I will still be very happy if he is able to win the job, but I"m hoping Nall pulls it out.  Maybe just rooting for the guy to finally get his shot after being pushed to the back burner in FavreLand. 

Either way, I really hope one of these guys can really rise above the other in camp.  Even if they end up blowing it, I would at least like to go into the season relatively confident in the QB.

I'm with you about Nall.

He's not the favorite, but don't be shocked if Craig Nall wins Buffalo's starting job.

He's really stepping out here, huh. I suppose we also shouldn't be shocked if Holcomb or Losman win the job.

That's like saying don't be shocked if Peerless Price starts.

if jp can't win the job in his 3rd season he is officially a BUST.

if he comes in due to injury and plays well he gets a mulligan, but if he isn't entrenched as the starter at some point this year (due to merit) he is yet another 1st round stinker QB

More trouble in paradise. 

McCargo's nowhere to be found either. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9323099

So does Carruci know his stuff, or not?

696360[/snapback]

no, vic doesn't. he was always a pretty good homer beat guy because he was in with a lot of the players, but he knows as much about football as you or i, and knows less about college football by a significant amount than badolbilz and mark VI. trust me, he's gotta spew something out a couple of days every week, and as for watching college ball, he's barely able to keep on top of the pro game given the number of games and teams he has to pay attention to every week.

I am going to go way out on a limb here and predict that they are going to start the most accurate QB of the bunch, whoeve that ends up being. I know, I know, it is a radical concept but there it is. Not foot speed, not arm strength, not "leadership", just the simple ability to hit an open WR in the hands.

It is amazing how little accuracy is discussed when it comes to QB's. You simply can't afford to miss an open receiver. The whole offense is designed to get to the point where there is an open receiver and to give the QB time enough to spot and throw to that receiver. You simply can't have a QB who zings them into the dirt or zips them over their heads with regularity. The coaches and the whole team can get the QB to that point where there is an open man and he has time to thorw it. That is when your QB takes over and does the one thing that he must do and that only he can do, deliver the ball within the receiver's reach. If he can't do that, he can't play in this league no matter what his 40 time is or how fast his fastball is.

I am going to go way out on a limb here and predict that they are going to start the most accurate QB of the bunch, whoeve that ends up being.  I know, I know, it is a radical concept but there it is.  Not foot speed, not arm strength, not "leadership", just the simple ability to hit an open WR in the hands. 

It is amazing how little accuracy is discussed when it comes to QB's.  You simply can't afford to miss an open receiver.  The whole offense is designed to get to the point where there is an open receiver and to give the QB time enough to spot and throw to that receiver.  You simply can't have a QB who zings them into the dirt or zips them over their heads with regularity.  The coaches and the whole team can get the QB to that point where there is an open man and he has time to thorw it.  That is when your QB takes over and does the one thing that he must do and that only he can do, deliver the ball within the receiver's reach.  If he can't do that, he can't play in this league no matter what his 40 time is or how fast his fastball is.

696729[/snapback]

My point is that is all so very true and that you cannot find that out in practice.