Vic Carucci predicts that Nall will end up QB#1

The funny thing is that if I was looking to develop JP then I also would say a couple of things and let the word out around the edges that I am hopeful about Nall.  If JP caves in based on this rhetotical and off-fiefd assessment of Nall, the JP ain't gonna survive real competion when it comes.

If this Madden07esque challenge from Nall causes JP to rise up and turn his potential into reality on the field then he is our guy.

Jauron or Levy would be making the same stupid mistake Ralph made in assuming Jimbo would last another year (or more), that Butler made by rushing TC into start when Jimbo got concussioned out the game and in reaching for Hobert and in giving RJ a bonus too early, and that TD made first inextending Bledsoe and then in handing the job to JP.  Either this gets decided on the field or we are in for a likely world of hurt if Jauron or Levy has already decided who the QB starter is.

693883[/snapback]

I read somewhere recently (might have been in Bills Digest) that Nall was none too accurate downfield in mini-camp. If he has no long ball accuracy, his winning the starter position is a longshot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere recently (might have been in Bills Digest) that Nall was none too accurate downfield in mini-camp.  If he has no long ball accuracy, his winning the starter position is a longshot.

At least he has the arm strength to throw it downfield, which puts him ahead of Holcomb. If he can at least be accurate at the short to intermediate passes, he'd be better than what Losman was last year. Unfortunately, you don't exactly have to be the next John Elway to win this particular QB competition. :wacko:

I don't know why, but for some reason I find myself rooting for Nall. I've been an all out JP backer up until now, and I will still be very happy if he is able to win the job, but I"m hoping Nall pulls it out. Maybe just rooting for the guy to finally get his shot after being pushed to the back burner in FavreLand.

Either way, I really hope one of these guys can really rise above the other in camp. Even if they end up blowing it, I would at least like to go into the season relatively confident in the QB.

it's just a prediction. Regardless of how bad or good the line is, someone has to be QB1.

694467[/snapback]

Unless Mike Mularkey is filling out the depth chart... :wacko:

Nall goes 0-3

Pressure mounts and Jauron swaps him out for Holcomb who goes 2-2 before getting injured.

jp gets the nod and goes 1-3 before jauron decides the future really is with Nall.

Nall goes 2-3.

Somewhere Mularkey laughs and Tom Donahoe eats a baby's heart.

or Wade.. the "it's more like 1-A & 1-B"... :wacko:

694471[/snapback]

1a and 1b was bad enough, but not as bad as leaving the entire QB line BLANK like MM did for the first Jets game. First time I've ever actually laughed at a team press release. (IIRC, both Sully and the GR guys went absolutely ballistic when they saw that.. which made it even more hysterical...)

1a and 1b was bad enough, but not as bad as leaving the entire QB line BLANK like MM did for the first Jets game. First time I've ever actually laughed at a team press release. (IIRC, both Sully and the GR guys went absolutely ballistic when they saw that.. which made it even more hysterical...)

694478[/snapback]

:tremble:

Nall goes 0-3

Pressure mounts and Jauron swaps him out for Holcomb who goes 2-2 before getting injured.

jp gets the nod and goes 1-3 before jauron decides the future really is with Nall.

Nall goes 2-3.

Somewhere Mularkey laughs and Tom Donahoe eats a baby's heart.

694474[/snapback]

Hey!

We WIN 5 games!!!! :doh:

I can't wait!! :lol:

5 GAMES!!!! :lol:

5!!!! :lol:

!!!!!! ;)

;)

well it's better than 4 games :wacko:

Marv is going to look like a genius getting a good QB so cheap.

693723[/snapback]

Looking at you user name and when you signed up for this board I'm wondering if you don't have a close personal connection to Mr. Nalljava script:emoticon(':wacko:') If you do, tell him I'm rooting for him. Four years on the bench behind a legend seems like the perfect way to develop a QB that surprizes everyone. All this team really lacks is a little talent and leadership at the QB position. We haven't had a QB that a defense was scared of since Beldsoe was first here (until defense realize they could paralyze him with a little pressure). I know o-line, o-line. I think a couple of smart plays by the QB would help our new line out alot.

Anyway my money is on Nall. I'm saving this qoute until he leads us to our first playoff game next fall. Then everyone on this board will realize I should be the Bills GM.

694478[/snapback]

ugh.. I had just forgotten about that... MM the master of mind games. :wacko:

I don't know why, but for some reason I find myself rooting for Nall.  I've been an all out JP backer up until now, and I will still be very happy if he is able to win the job, but I"m hoping Nall pulls it out.  Maybe just rooting for the guy to finally get his shot after being pushed to the back burner in FavreLand. 

Either way, I really hope one of these guys can really rise above the other in camp.  Even if they end up blowing it, I would at least like to go into the season relatively confident in the QB.

It's funny. I'd been a strong Holcomb backer, but I'm starting to develop a preference for Nall over Holcomb. Holcomb gives you accuracy, quick decision making, and the ability to dump the ball off when nothing's there. Losman gives you arm strength and a good deep ball, as well as youth and mobility. Maybe Nall can be the best of both worlds.

It's funny.  I'd been a strong Holcomb backer, but I'm starting to develop a preference for Nall over Holcomb.  Holcomb gives you accuracy, quick decision making, and the ability to dump the ball off when nothing's there.  Losman gives you arm strength and a good deep ball, as well as youth and mobility.  Maybe Nall can be the best of both worlds.

694844[/snapback]

then i hope to God that JP wins the starting job. Because if Nall wins it in camp, i think i'd get sick just thinking that we'd be on the SAME side of a Bills QB issue. :doh:

It's funny.  I'd been a strong Holcomb backer, but I'm starting to develop a preference for Nall over Holcomb.  Holcomb gives you accuracy, quick decision making, and the ability to dump the ball off when nothing's there.  Losman gives you arm strength and a good deep ball, as well as youth and mobility.  Maybe Nall can be the best of both worlds.

694844[/snapback]

Holcomb's Arm = Nall's Balls

?

my thoughts exactly. i support JP, but if Nall shines and beats out than JP in camp, then Nall can start, I want whats best for the bills, as long as it doesnt involve kelly holcomb and starter in the same sentence.

693829[/snapback]

Exactly. I'm still hoping JP really brings it this year, but if Nall is clearly better then I'm all for him as the starter. I think even those of us who are fans of JP aren't so loyal to the guy yet that we couldn't get behind Nall if he ends up being the guy. Holcomb is a great #2, but I don't think he's going to be taking us to the SB any time soon.