New Sabres game thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying that all along.

Once JSP starts shooting his mouth off and getting all cocky, that is usually a sign of doom and the apocalypse  (for some reason I am flashing back to the Bills-Jax game the week before Bledsoe blew a gasket in Miami)... :w00t:  :doh:

No offense JSP... But, I have been cringing all day...

;)  :lol:

689845[/snapback]

Didn't JSP start gashing about the 2004 Yankees when they had a 3-0 lead against the Red Sox???

Call me a wuss... But, I am scared. There is too much bad karma floating around here... Take your pick...

1942 Maple Leafs and 1975 NY Islanders... And there is thirty-one years between those 1975 Isles and now...

The Sens are a very good team...

There, I said it and got it off my chest... :w00t::doh:

Didn't JSP start gashing about the 2004 Yankees when they had a 3-0 lead against the Red Sox???

689857[/snapback]

Yes!

Again... I am scared... I vividly recall the giddyness of that Jacksonville game all too well. I will never forget, it haunts me like a bad Bledsoe sack...

At that time the train was "leaving the station"... I refuse to get on, thank God because it derailed doing 80 the week...

:w00t::doh:;)

I see your making friends and influencing people tonight.  Not sure he give out like BF last time you treated him that way.  :w00t:

689801[/snapback]

I cringe everytime I see my name's initials on this board.

I've used BlueFire since 1995, and this board makes me cry. :doh:

I wonder if all of the "Sens are worthless, Sabres are godly" comments will now END from the local media and fans.  All of the silly songs and arrogant comments that I heard over the last 24 hours was really just asking for the Sabres to lose and the Sens to start a comeback.  Its a tough road for them...but guess what?  They took the first step tonight, IN Buffalo.

Sabres have a lot of things wrong with the squad that was highlighted in this game, most notably being terrible on the power play.  Now we all know how Sens fans felt, and they got some confidence now going back home to Ottawa.

I really hope Lindy gets on his guys for their performance tonight, methinks they bought into their own hype and put some things into cruise control.  They had their chances for sure, but there was very little sense of urgency until late in the 2nd.  Not good enough.

And for the love of God, I really hope I dont hear anymore "Sabres RUuulleeee!!11!1" comments until the series is OVER.

689810[/snapback]

Try telling that to the "chief" - he's already got the Sabs in the Finals :w00t:

Try telling that to the "chief" - he's already got the Sabs in the Finals :w00t:

689883[/snapback]

I saw someone had a choking Sens logo as their avatar earlier too...that type of stuff angers the hockey gods.

Lets try and be humble and see where that gets us.

The Sens are a very good team...

689862[/snapback]

True, but lets try not to forget that Buffalo has a very good team too....maybe I just don't know what I am watching, but I really don't think the Sabres played nearly as bad tonight as everyone else.

The Senators are a good team, hockey is a game of ebbs and flows, Sabres had their chances to win, Ottawa had theirs. These teams are pretty evenly matched. IMO, the difference was Emery stepping up his game two notches. I have a tremendous amount of confidence that Buffalo can win one of the next three games. To lose tonight was not a shock.

Also, OLN is annoying.

689817[/snapback]

Not to hijack a thread, but I am just curious, why does everyone think OLN sucks so badly?

Besides some of the early season availabiliy issues, I think their NHL playoff coverage has blown ESPN's away. Sure, I would prefer to listen to the hometown guys call the games, but I really think OLN had done a good job. As far as their choice of games to show, they are obviously going to show a New Jersey game over a small market tilt like Buffalo/Ottawa, that is just the nature of telivision.

I have heard people moan about the camera work (admittedly, the camera work on NBC is a little better, more cameras, tons more money) on OLN, but I think it has been fine. They give so much better coverage, and breakdown more play, than ESPN ever did. What is all the fuss about?

Not to hijack a thread, but I am just curious, why does everyone think OLN sucks so badly?

Besides some of the early season availabiliy issues, I think their NHL playoff coverage has blown ESPN's away.  Sure, I would prefer to listen to the hometown guys call the games, but I really think OLN had done a good job.  As far as their choice of games to show, they are obviously going to show a New Jersey game over a small market tilt like Buffalo/Ottawa, that is just the nature of telivision. 

I have heard people moan about the camera work (admittedly, the camera work on NBC is a little better, more cameras, tons more money) on OLN, but I think it has been fine.  They give so much better coverage, and breakdown more play, than ESPN ever did.  What is all the fuss about?

689932[/snapback]

The OLN cameramen suck, as you said.

The play-by-play guys are a joke. Even Gary Thorne was better.

Their studio man, Bill Clement, was a straight-from-ESPN pickup.

OLN is just as bad as ESPN, if not worse.

True, but lets try not to forget that Buffalo has a very good team too....maybe I just don't know what I am watching, but I really don't think the Sabres played nearly as bad tonight as everyone else. 

The Senators are a good team, hockey is a game of ebbs and flows, Sabres had their chances to win, Ottawa had theirs. These teams are pretty evenly matched.  IMO, the difference was Emery stepping up his game two notches.  I have a tremendous amount of confidence that Buffalo can win one of the next three games.  To lose tonight was not a shock.

689930[/snapback]

The Sabres were badly outplayed in the first period. The played well in the second and seemed tired in the third. It was a good game but unfortunate results.

I can't stand Barry Melrose. After the game I heard him make a comment that the Sabres are scared now. WTF? :w00t: I don't think anyone actually thought the Sabres would sweep the one seed. I for one think they will win it when they come back to Buffalo.

Besides some of the early season availabiliy issues, I think their NHL playoff coverage has blown ESPN's away.  Sure, I would prefer to listen to the hometown guys call the games, but I really think OLN had done a good job.  As far as their choice of games to show, they are obviously going to show a New Jersey game over a small market tilt like Buffalo/Ottawa, that is just the nature of telivision. 

I have heard people moan about the camera work (admittedly, the camera work on NBC is a little better, more cameras, tons more money) on OLN, but I think it has been fine.  They give so much better coverage, and breakdown more play, than ESPN ever did.  What is all the fuss about?

689932[/snapback]

I forget the name of the intermission guy - Chris or Keith Jones?: I quote: "Ottawa finally stopped playing down to their competition". Exactly how far down would that be - all 3 points over 82 games down?

The game announcers wanted Ottawa to win and I didn't think they were all that subtle about it.

Sorry if I sound like another whiney Buffalo fan, but that's how I feel. For the record I'm not one of those people throwing a hissy fit over any comments by Mortenson or Peter King.

The play-by-play guys are a joke.  Even Gary Thorne was better.

689935[/snapback]

First things first...

This is OLN's 1st year.....I'm willing to give them a chance....yes OLN has some issues and kinks to work on...but they show other HOCKEY shows...Legends of Hockey etc....it seems to be at least they are making an effort to get hockey some exposure.....E$PN was just hoping to get it off the air so they can air "sports"center and all that Budweiser Hot Seat, or PTI, or show reruns of Chris Moneyfaker winning the World Series of Rivers (I mean Poker)

Give me OLN any day of the week. Let E$PN cater to the needs of NBA players who dont have 1/10 the heart of players from any generation before them.

Disappointing effort for a team that had the chance to close a series.  Still, we had golden opportunities down the stretch.

We still haven't played 60 minutes of hockey in this series.

Max needs to learn to shoot the puck on net.

Jochen desperately needs his timing back.

We're screwed if Connelly can't play the rest of the year.  His patience and vision is the key to our PP.

Rory sucks.

689809[/snapback]

How is this any different than any other Buffalo team? When was the last time Buffalo team showed killer instinct?

It's something about this town.

How is this any different than any other Buffalo team? When was the last time Buffalo team showed killer instinct?

689968[/snapback]

Still feeling very confident about this series? Any major concerns?

689968[/snapback]

That's ridiculous! They'll be fine, but I think it will go to game six.

The play-by-play guys are a joke.  Even Gary Thorne was better.

689935[/snapback]

Don't forget taking the clock off the screen with less than a minute left...in a 1 goal game. Asshats.

First things first...

This is OLN's 1st year.....I'm willing to give them a chance....yes OLN has some issues and kinks to work on...but they show other HOCKEY shows...Legends of Hockey etc....it seems to be at least they are making an effort to get hockey some exposure.....E$PN was just hoping to get it off the air so they can air "sports"center and all that Budweiser Hot Seat, or PTI, or show reruns of Chris Moneyfaker winning the World Series of Rivers (I mean Poker)

Give me OLN any day of the week. Let E$PN cater to the needs of NBA players who dont have 1/10 the heart of players from any generation before them.

689965[/snapback]

I think a big part of it is that we are all spoiled by having a play-by-play team that also does radio simulcast. So we're used to hearing effectively constant play-by-play with color between the whistles. That makes the type of commentary that OLN provides (coupled with their "newness" as you mention) seem very different...