New Sabres game thread

I think the Sabres will learn from this loss though. If anything, its got to make them realize that they arent world-killers. They still have to close out games and tweak the imperfection in their own style of play.

I actually like that the next game is in Ottawa, the Sabres need a challenge like that to feel like the underdogs again. They thrive in hostile territory, and after being read the riot act by Lindy, I think they come out and end the series on Saturday with a much improved power play.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Sabres will learn from this loss though.  If anything, its got to make them realize that they arent world-killers.  They still have to close out games and tweak the imperfection in their own style of play.

I actually like that the next game is in Ottawa, the Sabres need a challenge like that to feel like the underdogs again.  They thrive in hostile territory, and after being read the riot act by Lindy, I think they come out and end the series on Saturday with a much improved power play.

689820[/snapback]

lets hope they thrive--cuz they stunnnnnk tonite.Listless,Tepid.....

How much of that was Ottawa playing really well though?  Give those guys lots of credit, they've got a lot of heart.

689825[/snapback]

Watching Ed,monton play last nite--now THAT was a lot of heart.

I think the Sabres will learn from this loss though.  If anything, its got to make them realize that they arent world-killers.

689820[/snapback]

I agree. An occasional dose of humility can be a very good thing. (And yes, I see the irony in that.)

But Darin's right, too...they need Connelly back. This offense is still deeply talented and scary fast, but even a schmuck like me could see that the timing of the offense was off with Connelly's lack...

But Darin's right, too...they need Connelly back.  This offense is still deeply talented and scary fast, but even a schmuck like me could see that the timing of the offense was off with Connelly's lack...

689827[/snapback]

Yup...but good news for us and bad news for the Sens is Timmy has two more days to feel better now.

How much of that was Ottawa playing really well though?  Give those guys lots of credit, they've got a lot of heart.

689825[/snapback]

So true... Still gonna be a tough series... Maybe a wake up call for the Sabres?

The good thing is that they will keep Emery in net. It seemed with all the Hasek talk, he had a fire lit uder his ass.

And the monkey of getting the first goal of the game for 15 straight is off of them too... Not that it is important.

The Sabres can afford to give this game... Even the next one... But, it starts getting dicey for game six, if needed...

Then???

Well, phuck the 2004 Red Sox!... That was pure luck...

:w00t::doh:

FWIW, there are lots of impartial observers on a "neutral" board I frequent who are all baffled at the one-sided officiating.  I didn't think it was that terrible but maybe I'm just used to it.

689835[/snapback]

We can't complain... I listened to the game (RJ- Buffalo broadcast)... I know he is a homer (you think?)... But, it is hard to make stuff up like that on the fly?

Whatever Buffalo does and Lindy... I hope THEY DON'T whine about it... Move on and eff Kerry Fraiser!

:w00t:

And oh-by-the-way...that's four of four games in the series now decided by one goal - two of which were in overtime.  Don't anyone delude themselves into thinking Ottawa can't win a series this closely matched, even if they were down 3-0 going in to tonight.

689840[/snapback]

I have been saying that all along.

Once JSP starts shooting his mouth off and getting all cocky, that is usually a sign of doom and the apocalypse (for some reason I am flashing back to the Bills-Jax game the week before Bledsoe blew a gasket in Miami)... :w00t::doh:

No offense JSP... But, I have been cringing all day...

;):lol:

Once JSP starts shooting his mouth off and getting all cocky, that is usually a sign of doom and the apocalypse  (for some reason I am flashing back to the Bills-Jax game the week before Bledsoe blew a gasket in Miami)... :doh:  ;)

:lol:  :P

689845[/snapback]

Lets just hope we don't pull a "Bledsoe gasket blow II vs. Eagles 3rd string secondary the week after Miami" :w00t:

Once JSP starts shooting his mouth off and getting all cocky, that is usually a sign of doom and the apocalypse  (for some reason I am flashing back to the Bills-Jax game the week before Bledsoe blew a gasket in Miami)... :w00t:  :doh:

;)  :lol:

689845[/snapback]

Valid point.