Jason Peters

Frez

Remember in the Bible when Jesus turned water into wine?  Well, Jason Peters turned that wine into beer.

687871[/snapback]

You'll have to explain in detail what you've just written as, I don't get this at all.

You'll have to explain in detail what you've just written as, I don't get this at all.

687879[/snapback]

I'm guessing it's a quote by everyone's favorite fictious mailman and "Cheers" scholar, Cliff Clavin.

-----

I thought he signed a longer-term contract earlier this offseason but maybe I'm just remembering something that never happened. Sounds like either the Bills were seeking a discount b/c of the relative inexperience or Peters and his agent are holding off b/c they think he'll be very good this season and he'll get a big payday next year.

I'm guessing it's a quote by everyone's favorite fictious mailman and "Cheers" scholar, Cliff Clavin.

-----

I thought he signed a longer-term contract earlier this offseason but maybe I'm just remembering something that never happened. Sounds like either the Bills were seeking a discount b/c of the relative inexperience or Peters and his agent are holding off b/c they think he'll be very good this season and he'll get a big payday next year.

687891[/snapback]

Or maybe he isn't as good as everyone here seems to think and is more of a stopgap, until the real RT steps up. :lol:

Or maybe he isn't as good as everyone here seems to think and is more of a stopgap, until the real RT steps up.   :lol:

687897[/snapback]

Or maybe Peters prefers beer to wine. That alone doesn't make him a horrible human being.

Umhhh...I don't get it.  Please elucidate, expand, expound, illuminate, explicate, and extrapolate, oh sage one.

687877[/snapback]

put your thesauraus away and start over.

Remember in the Bible when Jesus turned water into wine?  Well, Jason Peters turned that wine into champagne.

687871[/snapback]

687879[/snapback]

There. I fixed it. But we all HATE champagne.

So the original text is probably better. :lol:

687891[/snapback]

Actually while many fans have been hyperventilating about signing Peters long-term as quickly as possible, the Bills uncer the CBA Have total rights to him cheaply (for an NFL player) this year as an Exclusive Rights FA, but they also can quite easily retain him and extend him if they choose next season when he becomes a Restricted Rights FA.

If the do not reach agreement with him on a mutually benefitial deal by the 2008, some hard megotiating ensues, but they still can choose to retain rights to Peters at a substantial cost by putting the franchise tag on him.

The cost are substantial again, but they would even have the right to tag him once more (unless the tag is still occupied by Clements.

In essence, the Bills will only want to keep Peters if he plays great, and if he plays lights out ball that makes him worth paying big bucks to in the market, in theory the Bills can keep Peters and allow no one else to have him if they agree to pay the market rate for him until after the 2009 season.

The Bills would have been foolish to sign a long-term deal with Peters right now unless he agreed to some incredibly cheap Travis Henry like deal. The prudent thing to do certainly seems like simply tendering Peters $425 K for this year, and if he can in fact start at RT around 16 games you can then negotiate a long-term deal with him with the Bills having tons of leverage if they tender him the amount required of a RFA next year.

I hear band camp two a days are killers.  The JP Sousa drill really separated the men from the boys.

687927[/snapback]

You shoudl have seen it back then. JP Sousa was only halfway through music lessons, his teacher had been fired for doing a shoddy job, and just because his first 2 pieces werent spectacular, a ton of people kept calling him a bust as a composer!

QUOTE(Corp000085 @ May 10 2006, 06:19 AM)

Remember in the Bible when Jesus turned water into wine?  Well, Jason Peters turned that wine into champagne.

QUOTE(Shamrock @ May 10 2006, 07:25 AM)

There. I fixed it. But we all HATE champagne.

So the original text is probably better.  :)

687970[/snapback]

I thought the guy was trying to say that Peters did not make good on his restricted free agent status (wine)...by signing an offer that was fairly low (beer).

Nanker, I have no idea what your change means.

I thought the guy was trying to say that Peters did not make good on his restricted free agent status (wine)...by signing an offer that was fairly low (beer). 

Nanker, I have no idea what your change means.

688657[/snapback]

I think he means that Peters is the new messiah. :) (sacrilege)

Either that or he thinks he is a very naughty boy for some reason. :doh: