i hate to say it but mcgahee

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT. This guy never puts in the extra effort, doesn't seem to give a damn if we win or lose, and now decides he doesn't need to go to the last two voluntary camps, and is (maybe--but his "i thought the Bills played in NYC" comment gives one pause) one IQ point above Travis Henry. I know what era we are in, but when a team pays you first round money to sit out your first year with your bum knee, you would hope that there would be more loyalty even in this day and age. Also, did he seem slow last year? If and when the o-line situation is ever resolved I say we trade him for a more team-oriented guy.

Ok i feel better for venting.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all mcgahee had the worst o-line in the nfl last year, period, especially run blocking! maybe the texans had the worst pass blocking,lol. secondly mcgahee had a inexperienced qb which means he probably made the wrong calls on the run schemes which means mcgahee's 1250 was pretty damn good, lets not count how he was banged up towards the end of the year or how there was nothing to play for either! willis mcgahee is not the problem or anything close to it. the problem is the o-line and the qb because of their incompetency. until the o-line has adequate play and the o-line plays consistently then we will continue to be pretenders! losman is hardly the problem when u are a rookie and u have 2 seconds to throw the ball, give me a !@#$ing break. willis mcgahee is a top 5 or ten runner after the knee injury so i would call him a plus. what our we going to do draft another runner. he is fine if not spectacular! u dont understand the true problem. stop worrying about willis mcgahee who 20 other teams want and wish they didnt pass up.

the kid is everything u want in a rb. speed power explosiveness and moves. not to mention his sick accleration for his size! if willis mcgahee ever recaptures his true acceleration and 2nd gear he will be the next walter payton!!! :P

the kid is everything u want in a rb. speed power explosiveness and moves. not to mention his sick accleration for his size!  if willis mcgahee ever recaptures his true acceleration and 2nd gear he will be the next walter payton!!! :P

685193[/snapback]

Havent seen the speed yet, but I'm waiting.

C'mon T-bone. Our line sucked last year! Give the guy a chance. Two years ago he was the second coming and now you want him off the team? Yes, I would like him to show some more enthusiasm but you can't blame him for going through the motions on a piss poor team. We sucked last year. Just wait until the season starts and then you'll be going to get your # 21 jersey.

I think the point of this topic is not about his ability as an RB, but more his attitude and intelligence, and I agree 100%. Willis is a dumb ass if you ever watch his interviews, and the proclomation of being better than LT was just plains stupid. I am a huge Willis fan, but you need to see him for what he is. In terms of ability I think hes got just about as much as any running back in the league, and our line was terrible last year so I expect more out of him this year with the two upgrades we brought in with Fowler, Reyes, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Brad Butler starting at RT with Jason Peters moving to LT at some point in the season.

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT.

685188[/snapback]

I have to imagine you don't pay very close attention to details.

He did not call a press conference to make this announcement. He didn't say it while walking the sidelines, thumping his chest after a five yard TD run. McGahee was asked by a reporter who he thought was the best RB in the game. Period. As is typical for a young person who is surrounded by people jacking his ego up all the time, he told them what he tells himself. He didn't say "I'm better than LT," though that is how you've chosen to interpret what was being reported by people who chew on soundbites for a living.

Christ, it's bad enough when I have to hear Randy Cross refer to him as the "self-proclaimed best back in football," but when a Bills fan takes it out of its Hot Pocket context, it becomes brutally tiresome.

You'd think being a Bills fan you'd pay closer attention.

Attitude and committment to the team is a huge thing---especially in the eyes of your teammates. Clements cuts away from a vacation to come back to Buffalo to practice. McGahee likes to hang out in South Beach and work out hard in Miami but not come back to practice. Do you think the Patriots veterans put up with that type of stuff? Brady (the best QB in the league) doesn't go back to California to hang out and work out. He goes back to the exciting town of Foxboro Massachusetts to work out with his team and stay committed to winning. He is at that stadium 6:15 every moring to work-out. That says something to the rest of your teammates about professionalism and your dedication to the team! It also makes others come in and see the importance of it.

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT.  This guy never puts in the extra effort, doesn't seem to give a damn if we win or lose, and now decides he doesn't need to go to the last two voluntary camps, and is (maybe--but his "i thought the Bills played in NYC" comment gives one pause) one IQ point above Travis Henry.  I know what era we are in, but when a team  pays you first round money to  sit out your first year with your bum knee, you would hope that there would be more loyalty even in this day and age.  Also, did he seem slow last year? If and when the o-line situation is ever resolved I say we trade him for a more team-oriented guy.

685188[/snapback]

I'm curious what your opinions were when we drafted him.

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT.  This guy never puts in the extra effort, doesn't seem to give a damn if we win or lose, and now decides he doesn't need to go to the last two voluntary camps, and is (maybe--but his "i thought the Bills played in NYC" comment gives one pause) one IQ point above Travis Henry.  I know what era we are in, but when a team  pays you first round money to  sit out your first year with your bum knee, you would hope that there would be more loyalty even in this day and age.  Also, did he seem slow last year? If and when the o-line situation is ever resolved I say we trade him for a more team-oriented guy.

685188[/snapback]

I`m with you on this . There is no I in team .What a thug. :w00t:

Did we have other needs when we drafted Willis? Seems to me we had a very good back who loved being a Bill in Travis Henry. I like Willis in a lot of ways but when his contract is up do you think he wants to stay in Buffalo? His committment so far appears a bit sketchy.

Did we have other needs when we drafted Willis?  Seems to me we had a very good back who loved being a Bill in Travis Henry.  I like Willis in a lot of ways but when his contract is up do you think he wants to stay in Buffalo?  His committment so far appears a bit sketchy.

685299[/snapback]

See that's my problem right there. Granted, Henry was a poor decision maker and had problems off the field (as his many critics will point) but he worked his butt off. Plus, he grew up loved the Bills and loved being here. Now, I like Willis alot and certainly believe he's a good player. But I think he is more in love with being a famous football player as evidence by him doing all these silly shows. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard. But his attitude has changed from that guy who was coming off the knee injury and trying to show the world he was back. So this attitude of not showing up to voluntary camp is just really ticking me off. News flash Willis. You're not the best back in the league. You're not even better than Travis Henry.

Travis Henry (2nd year)

2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 325 1438 4.4 34 13 10 72

Willis (best year)

2005 Buffalo Bills 16 15 325 1247 3.8 27 5 4 71

And for those who think Henry couldn't break a long run, Henry's long is 64. Willis is 41. I don't want people to think I have a something against Willis. I just really liked Henry and defintiely think he was very underappreciated (and very disrespected by fans). Willis is a good football player but I think his selection is the perfect summary of the the TD era. He makes a great trade with Atlanta and gets a first round pick. Rather than select a lineman on either side of the ball, he goes for a guy who can't help us for a year and alienates one of the better players on our time. Flash over substance. So Willis please cut the crap and become a leader. That being said, here's hoping for 1,800 yards and 10 tds. :w00t: Sorry for the rant, Go Sabres!!! :lol:

685188[/snapback]

McGahee looked scary bad for long stretches last year, our offensive line be damned - his performance wouldn't have been acceptable if we were starting the University of Buffalo offensive line last year. The possibility that McGahee might not be very good keeps this Bills fan up at night - our success really rides on McGahee panning out (well, that and our QB panning out.)

JDG

hey biscuit, henry had a very good run blocking unit in jennings brown and williams. who has willis had-gandy, tucker, anderson and villarial to replace those guys. also henry is 5-9 210-215. give me a !@#$ing break how henry is in the same league as willis! not to mention that willis doesnt fumble 20 TIMES A YEAR.LOL also willis led the league in 20 yard runs 2 years ago behind a crappy o-line, he had a 51 yard td called back vs the rams in 04, a 68 yard screen pass called back and a great 31 yard burst vs the dolphins were if u download the highlights he shows great acceleration when almost outrunning morlon greenwood to paydirt!this past season he had a 50 and 54 yard run called back and one run vs the falcons that almost could have gone for 60 yds, willis has been unlucky with the whole his burst isnt back because he has no long runs. oh yeah the o-line sucks! TRY AND GET YOU ANALYSIS RIGHT DUMB ASS

THIS MIGHT BE WORTH MENTIONING ALSO, WILLIS IS IN MIAMI IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER, WORKING HIS ASS OFF. i just thought that might help out when others question his attitude and work ethic. !@#$ mini camp. that sh-- is for the rooks!

See that's my problem right there.  Granted, Henry was a poor decision maker and had problems off the field (as his many critics will point) but he worked his butt off.  Plus, he grew up loved the Bills and loved being here.  Now, I like Willis alot and certainly believe he's a good player.  But I think he is more in love with being a famous football player as evidence by him doing all these silly shows.  I'm not saying he doesn't work hard.  But his attitude has changed from that guy who was coming off the knee injury and trying to show the world he was back.  So this attitude of not showing up to voluntary camp is just really ticking me off.  News flash Willis.  You're not the best back in the league.  You're not even better than Travis Henry.

Travis Henry (2nd year)

Willis (best year)

And for those who think Henry couldn't break a long run, Henry's long is 64.  Willis is 41.  I don't want people to think I have a something against Willis.  I just really liked Henry and defintiely think he was very underappreciated (and very disrespected by fans).  Willis is a good football player but I think his selection is the perfect summary of the the TD era.  He makes a great trade with Atlanta and gets a first round pick.  Rather than select a lineman on either side of the ball, he goes for a guy who can't help us for a year and alienates one of the better players on our time.  Flash over substance.  So Willis please cut the crap and become a leader.  That being said, here's hoping for 1,800 yards and 10 tds.  :w00t:  Sorry for the rant, Go Sabres!!!  :lol:

685317[/snapback]

Great post Cbiscuit.

first of all mcgahee had the worst o-line in the nfl last year, period, especially run blocking!   maybe the texans had the worst pass blocking,lol.  secondly mcgahee had a inexperienced qb which means he probably made the wrong calls on the run schemes which means mcgahee's 1250 was pretty damn good, lets not count how  he was banged up towards the end of the year or how there was nothing to play for either!   willis mcgahee is not the problem or anything close to it.  the problem is the o-line and the qb because of their incompetency.  until the o-line has adequate  play and the o-line plays consistently then we will continue to be pretenders!  losman is hardly the problem when u are a rookie and u have 2 seconds to throw the ball, give me a !@#$ing break.  willis mcgahee is a top 5 or ten runner after the knee injury so i would call him a plus.  what our we going to do draft another runner. he is fine if not spectacular!  u dont understand the true problem.  stop worrying about willis mcgahee who 20 other teams want and wish they didnt pass up.

685192[/snapback]

What he said.

For some reason, there are some people on this board who have it in for Willis. I just do not understand it.

Let's recap:

1. Willis had the strength of character to come back from what could have been a career ending injury. I am amazed he has been able to do what he has done given my initial reaction when I saw the play.

2. Willis is the fastest Bills RB to gain 2,000 yards in his career. Faster than OJ. Faster than Thurman. Faster than anyone else. He did this behind a piss poor offensive line. He also did this even though our brilliant coaching staff took him out of games on third down so often.

3. Anyone who saw the Miami game last year and saw the expression on Willlis' face when the Dolphins won the game knows that Willis cares deeply about winning and losing. In fact, he said, when Bills were out of the playoff picture, that the players have to continue to play hard for the pride of the players and the team.

4. Instead of bitching and moaning like TH did, Willis welcomed the challenge to compete with TH.

5. Willis comes from a good family in Miami. Yet, he did not grow up in white middle class suburbia as most of us on this board probably did. Just because he does not speak like you and me does NOT mean that he is not intelligent.

6. People have questioned his commitment to the Bills and from the moment he was drafted have been predicting that he would hold out and demand more money. Has he? No. Instead, he has bought a house in Buffalo.

7. Willis did not show up yesterday for a VOLUNTARY work out. Neither did London Fletcher, Troy Vincent, and others. Have there been other posts today dissing Fletcher or Vincent as punks etc. Of course not.

8. It appears that there are some on the board who have it in for Willis for reasons that have nothing to do with what he has done on the field. My guess is that it is some anti-Cane bias on their part. I also have seen the same thing when people go out of their way to criticize Roscoe Parrish.

9. I have a lot of concerns about the Bills. Willis is not one of them. I would love to see the offensive line and QB (whoever it might be) show as much as Willis has in the two years he has been playing with the Bills. If they did, we would have a very good offense.

I've stated time and time again in order for a rb to excell at a top tier level said rb must have the threat of a passing offense. All the great rb's have it. Alexander, Barber, Larry Johnson, LT Well he had it anyway we'll see there. McGahee is the last person on the offense I'm worried about. Lets see who does what at qb and can take some pressure off, cause so far no ones steped up. Getting long runs is not enterily on a rb its on the oline and threat of a passing games. Teams with better passing games generally have runningbacks that have higher ypc averages. It's not getting past inital defenders it's keeping 3rd tier defenders from sitting in the box to stop your run game. Like I said I'm more worried about which of the so far lousy quaterbacks we have will step up and become mediocre then I am about the fastest bills rb to 2000 yards.

I`m with you on this . There is  no I in team .What a thug. :w00t:

685294[/snapback]

there is no I in thug either. not that i'd expect Willis to be able to spell thug

i'm hoping he has a decent year so we can trade him because I don't think he intends to re-sign when his rookie contract expires. Not that it really matters because he doesn't really strike me as the kind of player Marv wants around anyway

hey biscuit, henry had a very good run blocking unit in jennings brown and williams. who has willis had-gandy, tucker, anderson and villarial to replace those guys. also henry is 5-9 210-215. give me a !@#$ing break how henry is in the same league as willis!  not to mention that willis doesnt fumble 20 TIMES A YEAR.LOL  also willis led the league in 20  yard runs 2 years ago behind a crappy o-line, he had a 51 yard td called back vs the rams in 04, a 68 yard screen pass called back and a great 31 yard burst vs the dolphins were if u download the  highlights he shows great acceleration when almost outrunning morlon greenwood to paydirt!this past season he had a 50 and 54 yard run called back and one run vs the falcons that almost could have gone for 60 yds, willis has been unlucky with the whole his burst isnt back because he has no long runs. oh yeah the o-line sucks! TRY AND GET YOU ANALYSIS RIGHT DUMB ASS

685354[/snapback]

Rule #1: don't be an internet tough guy. You're really tough calling people names behind a computer screen. I can call this guy a dumb ass and he has no idea what a pathetic loser I am. Seriously dude, you're missing with the wrong man. I don't attack people with name calling. I had one view; you had another. I made an agrument and backed it up with facts. You talked about runs that didn't happen. News flash: if a penalty was called, then the run doesn't count. The reason the run may have worked is because of the hold. You mentioned the run against Atlanta. It could have been a big run, but guess what. Willis fell to the ground untouched. In 2004, people were calling Henry a scumbag for tripping against the Pats. It goes both ways. I never said I didn't think Willis wasn't a good player. I questioned his attitude and committment to the Bills. Additionally, I pointed out Henry never got the respect he deserve and TD could have made another pick to help out an 8-8 team on the verge of the playoffs. Not that it matters but I played college football. What did you play? I'm guessing nothing. Still, I would respect your opinion as a fan as long as you present it the right way. To all others, I apologize for this post and taking away from the original thread. It was my first encounter with an internet tough guy and I had to respond. Back to your regular progamming. :w00t:

THIS MIGHT BE WORTH MENTIONING ALSO, WILLIS IS IN MIAMI IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER, WORKING HIS ASS OFF. i just thought that might help out when others question his attitude and work ethic. !@#$ mini camp. that sh-- is for the rooks!

685359[/snapback]

How come London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Nate Clements, and almost every other veteran can find the time? No one ever said Willis wasn't working hard. However, there is more than can come out of these camps that just a regular practice. How bout Willis comes in and learns his new offense so he won't have to in training camp? Or how bout he comes and meets his new teammats? Or since he is the best player on the offense, how bout he becomes a leader? I never once said I didn't like Willis. I, as most Bills, are hoping for a monster year. However, it doesn't always appear as if he's taking all the proper steps to ensure this. Go Bills!!!

I've stated time and time again in order for a rb to excell at a top tier level said rb must have the threat of a passing offense.  All the great rb's have it.  Alexander, Barber, Larry Johnson, LT Well he had it anyway we'll see there.  McGahee is the last person on the offense I'm worried about.  Lets see who does what at qb and can take some pressure off, cause so far no ones steped up.  Getting long runs is not enterily on a rb its on the oline and threat of a passing games. Teams with better passing games generally have runningbacks that have higher ypc averages.  It's not  getting past inital defenders it's keeping 3rd tier defenders from sitting in the box to stop your run game.  Like I said I'm more worried about which of the so far lousy quaterbacks we have will step up and become mediocre then I am about the fastest bills rb to 2000 yards.

685366[/snapback]

Good point

the kid is everything u want in a rb. speed power explosiveness and moves. not to mention his sick accleration for his size!  if willis mcgahee ever recaptures his true acceleration and 2nd gear he will be the next walter payton!!! :w00t:

685193[/snapback]

He has a very good sense for the breaks in the defense--but I would not say that he has good moves.Even pre-injury he was more of a straight ahead-find the gaps runner.

I think the Bills have been in a lot of turmoil for several years, and this new management gives me hope they now have a steadier hand.

Willis:

1. Should be thrilled to be a number one anywhere.

2. Has been totally misused. I can't help but feel that has affected attitude, which leads to...

3. We're talking 20 something kids here, playing the game. A lot of the fans here are 20 something's too - and very few look beyond what they think about any of it. Are young football players suddenly social scientists because they play football?

4. They are kids with a lot of money. Who here made a few hundred thousand straight out of college? Let alone millions? Some of them step up, some others play basketball. I totally respect the interview process. How many of you guys (the gals know better) wanted Terrell Owens?

5. See 2,3 and 4.

Willis had a bad year last year and much of it was his fault. He was slow to the line and had poor acceleration. I hope he has a great year this year. I just find it hard to believe that a professional athlete has so much else going on that he is unable to make a three hour plane flight to be with his teammates! Regardless, it shows a lack of respect to his teammates and the new coaching staff. It gives the impression he is too good for the mini-camps. Taking three "days off" to come and practice with his team hardly seems like a big thing to ask. He is a very good back, but still has a lot to learn about the NFL. He is in the middle of the pack in terms of backs in the NFL and probably ranked as the 3rd or 4th best back in the AFC East. He has a long ways to go to be considered close to the top 5.

I want to know how this McGahee had a bad year thing got started. Why did he have a bad year? He rushed for 1,200 yards and was fifth in the league even with a below-average offensive line. He didn't have a lot of touchdowns, but that's partly because MM and TC took him out of the game in EVERY third down situation, including third and goal at the one. He would have had a lot more TDs if he had been in on those situations.

I'm not saying that McGahee is the best total player on the team, but he is not the worst. He does seem to genuinely care about the team when he speaks at press conferences. He has come to some of the voluntary camps this year, just not this one. I think it is too soon to see if he is going to be the next TO when it comes to contract extensions, but I don't think he will. Its his agent I worry about.

Anyway, let's cut him some slack until the season starts. If he has a good year, no one will remember this. If he doesn't have a good season, we'll point to his failure to get in here and learn the offense. Either way, I don't think he has a bad attitude, but I think that he could be a bit more TEAM oriented at times.

Just wait and see how good McGahee does this year and next year. Start throwing stones if he only averages 1100 yards and 5 touchdowns over the next two years. I am more predicting 1450 this year and 1600 next year.

He has a very good sense for the breaks in the defense--but I would not say that he has good moves.Even pre-injury he was more of a straight ahead-find the gaps runner.

685390[/snapback]

The first part of this statement is correct, however, your notion that McGahee does not have good moves is simply wrong. He has been forced to be an up and down runner based on the stupid offense that MM had implimented. When he was playing for Miami, he had moves that were reminiscent of what Reggie Bush was doing at USC. Did you actually watch any of his games? He was amazing to watch and it was unfortunate that he was injured. He's going to be able to show off a lot more of his talents this year than he has been able to in the past.

I want to know how this McGahee had a bad year thing got started.  Why did he have a bad year?  He rushed for 1,200 yards and was fifth in the league even with a below-average offensive line. 

685418[/snapback]

Last time I looked WM finished the year at #10 in terms of rushing yards and he was 250 yards behind the RB who was ranked fifth. I'm not sure where you came up with #5? :w00t:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2005/regular

I think the reason that many of us are not excited about WM, aside from those who don't think he is very good, is that his words and actions suggest that he would rather be somewhere else.

We're Bills fans in part or whole (for most) because of Buffalo. Willis would rather hang in the Miami hood. What could be worst from a Bills fan's perspective?

I would venture to suggest that if Marv was the GM 3 years ago, Travis would have been signed to a long term deal. And Willis would only have visited once every few years.

the kid is everything u want in a rb. speed power explosiveness and moves. not to mention his sick accleration for his size!  if willis mcgahee ever recaptures his true acceleration and 2nd gear he will be the next walter payton!!! :w00t:

685193[/snapback]

eh? any time he got into the open field, he either tripped on himself or got caught from behind

See that's my problem right there.  Granted, Henry was a poor decision maker and had problems off the field (as his many critics will point) but he worked his butt off.  Plus, he grew up loved the Bills and loved being here.  Now, I like Willis alot and certainly believe he's a good player.  But I think he is more in love with being a famous football player as evidence by him doing all these silly shows.  I'm not saying he doesn't work hard.  But his attitude has changed from that guy who was coming off the knee injury and trying to show the world he was back.  So this attitude of not showing up to voluntary camp is just really ticking me off.  News flash Willis.  You're not the best back in the league.  You're not even better than Travis Henry.

Travis Henry (2nd year)

Willis (best year)

And for those who think Henry couldn't break a long run, Henry's long is 64.  Willis is 41.  I don't want people to think I have a something against Willis.  I just really liked Henry and defintiely think he was very underappreciated (and very disrespected by fans).  Willis is a good football player but I think his selection is the perfect summary of the the TD era.  He makes a great trade with Atlanta and gets a first round pick.  Rather than select a lineman on either side of the ball, he goes for a guy who can't help us for a year and alienates one of the better players on our time.  Flash over substance.  So Willis please cut the crap and become a leader.  That being said, here's hoping for 1,800 yards and 10 tds.  :w00t:  Sorry for the rant, Go Sabres!!!  :lol:

685317[/snapback]

Sorry, but you couldn't be any more wrong imro. Your stats leave out some important issues:

1) W/L record. Lori once did me a favor and looked up the W/L records of games in which both backs started. Willis had an OK record (approx. .500) and the Bills won a shockingly low number of games in which Travis started.

Yes, I know it is a "team game," but the Bills didn't start winning in 04 until Travis was benched. Do you deny this?

2) As is the actual screen name of a poster on TSW, Henry Fumbles. His giveaways have cost the Bills a few losses, including his debut vs. the jests iirc.

3) Henry can't catch. Nubmbers notwithstanding, he drops the football quite often when it is thrown his way. Not only that, he is too stupid to run assigned patterns.

4) Henry is a poor blocker. He is built to block and certainly strong enough to do so, but he seems to be too dumb to know who he is even supposed to block. Sacks decreased dramatically as soon as he was benched in 04, right?

5) If Henry was even almost as good as you say, why is he not in there (when not on drug suspension) all the time? Do you consider Fisher too dumb to put such a star on the field? Do you think that Willis would see more playing time than Travis if he was a Titan? :lol:

In summary, if Willis is not satisfied right now, I am glad. The team was 5-11, and he played behid a horrid OL and shaky at best qbs. If we are to improve in 06, I am thinking that Willis will be a huge part of the equation.

The Bills have far bigger problems than Willis MaGahee.

Jmo.

I would venture to suggest that if Marv was the GM 3 years ago, Travis would have been signed to a long term deal. 

685437[/snapback]

A long term deal where? At the Betty Ford Clinic, or the local bus depot to search for runaway teens?

Willis did not have a great year by any stretch--he was mediocre. Yes, he was number 10 overall but it took him a lot of touches to do it! He was about 40 yards more than Willie Parker, but had 70 touches more than Willie! Hence if Willie got 70 touches more and averaged .6 yards per carry he would have eclipsed Willis. And Antowain Smith had a higher yards per carry than WM, if we want to compare former Bills.

I think most of us like Willis, but question his dedication and desire to be a Bill and see him bolting for the door the first chance he gets. I think everyone sees his "potential" and just yearn for him to get there.

Willis did not have a great year by any stretch--he was mediocre.  Yes, he was number 10 overall but it took him a lot of touches to do it!  He was about 40 yards more than Willie Parker, but had 70 touches more than Willie!  Hence if Willie got 70 touches more and averaged .6 yards per carry he would have eclipsed Willis.  And Antowain Smith had a higher yards per carry than WM, if we want to compare former Bills.

I think most of us like Willis, but question his dedication and desire to be a Bill and see him bolting for the door the first chance he gets.  I think everyone sees his "potential" and just yearn for him to get there.

685475[/snapback]

Willie Parker played on a championship team. Defenses had a host of other weapons about which to worry, and the Steelers have a great OL. A great situation for a back, no?

Willis played behind a bunch of weak vagabonds on the OL. His quarterbacks were suspect, and I am being kind. The coaching staff seemed a bit screwy as well. That said, he still had some decent games.

I do however agree that he hasn't reached his potential, but who is to blame?