SABRES WIN 7-6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This win turns the next game into a must win for the Sens and gives the Sabres a chance to really stick a fork in them by outplaying them as a team or having Miller step up and steal one.

Even if the Sabs win the next one it isn't over until its over so nothing should be taken for granted and the key is for them to focus on the next game and even simply the next play.

However, the implications of the Sabres focusing on the next game and winning it are huge.

I say stick a fork in them.

Sabres need to hold home ice. I don't have OLN or CBC where I live so I had to listen to the game on the radio. Even not being able to watch, I think the only game I've ever seen or heard that could compare was the Bills comback against Houston in the Wild Card back in the early 90's. Sabres can take the series if they can win at home. What a game!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!!!

Guest dog14787
Drury scores 18 seconds into overtime to give the Sabres the 1-0 lead in the series following a 7-6 victory.  What a game!!!

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

685024[/snapback]

Great game but I would think real hard about starting Biron :( (whom I thinks the better of the two Goalies) on the next one.

Biron is more mature and can play shutout hockey wich we need in the playoffs.

I still don't understand why we spent so much time on Biron to give up right when the kid is ready to take the next step.

He's a Great Goalie and deserves more respect!!!! :lol:

But WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game but I would think real hard about starting Biron :lol: (whom I thinks the better of the two Goalies) on the next one.

I still don't understand why we spent so much time on Biron to give up right when the kid is ready to take the next step.

He's a Great Goalie and deserves more respect!!!! :P 

But WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

685179[/snapback]

I'm glad you and Lindy don't think alike. Miller didn't play horrible considering how poorly his defense played. He needs to tighten it up, but there is no way he should be benched.

Miller is the guy. Biron is there if Miller screws up royally or gets injured, and I think almost no one would be terrified if Biron had to play, but pulling Miller now would destroy his confidence. If you pull Miller now, you don't put him in again for the rest of the playoffs. Ruff has made great decisions all season long in handling the goalie situation and he'll make the right call now. Miller should stay in and the defense needs to tighten up. Ottawa will make adjustments, and we need to beat them playing our game. We can't run and gun with them every game. One or two gifts from the hockey gods will happen, but not every game.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a way to download the game via torrents. im not home now so i cant give a link to the site. how ever when i do get home ill edit this message w/ a link to the site to download every game played so far in the playoffs.

this was a great game indeed!!

http://www.mininova.org/tor/301998 here to download the game.

you'll also need the bit torrent client uTorrent to actually download the game. http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

The Sens have definitely become my most hated rival for the Sabres. I can't stand them! Although I have to say that if I had the chance to get Daniel Alfreddson on the Sabres, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Just when you thought the Sabres couldn't pull another rabbit out of the hat, they do it again. This team is unbelieveable...they never give up...someone said it yesterday, even if they are down 2 or 3 goals, they still believe they can come back and win...and sometimes they do!

This team may be more exciting than the Stanley Cup team from a few years back.

And those Canadian announcers can bite my bum! What a bunch of homers.

Miller is the guy.  Biron is there if Miller screws up royally or gets injured, and I think almost no one would be terrified if Biron had to play, but pulling Miller now would destroy his confidence.  If you pull Miller now, you don't put him in again for the rest of the playoffs.  Ruff has made great decisions all season long in handling the goalie situation and he'll make the right call now.  Miller should stay in and the defense needs to tighten up.  Ottawa will make adjustments, and we need to beat them playing our game.  We can't run and gun with them every game.  One or two gifts from the hockey gods will happen, but not every game.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

685186[/snapback]

I think Miller is established enough now that giving him a breather won't "destroy" his confidence. This has already been a tough, emotional playoffs for him. They play Monday night then back to back games Wed/Thurs. I say give Miller a rest and take a flyer on Biron Monday night. Bring Miller back at home Wed night.

Amazing game. I could not believe how many times the Sabres came back. And the last two minutes were surreal. When the Senators were on the power play I thought, this is probably over. Then the sabers score short=handed and I'm thinking, overtime. Then the Senators score less than half a minute later, and I'm crushed. Sabers pull the goalie but lose the puck and again I'm thinking it's REALLY over now. Then Connoly scores with 10 seconds left.

Then the Sabres score 16 seconds into the OT.

Complete roller coaster ride. I was wrung out just watching. Just unbelievable.

It was one of the all time great games!

You not only had the suspense and excitement of the game but the added suspense that OLN would switch to the AV's game before the Sabres game was over! :w00t:

685272[/snapback]

LOL...no shidt.

great win for the sabres. Good luck  the rest of the series.  The sabres and ottawa are definitly gonna have to tighten up on defense.  It was painful to watch the goalies getting hung out to dry like that.  Miller came up with some big saves in the 3rd that really kept you in the game. Congrats on the offensive show down.

685085[/snapback]

Thanks for the "congrats"...i know you like the devils so you like defense....but we gave up an entire year of hockey so that the NHL could get fixed....and that game was the absolute epitome of the new NHL. The whole point of the rule changes were to allow a team to come back in the last minute of a playoff game, instead of letting the team who is up by 1 trap the other team to death and win a 2-1 snoozer. These two teams and this style of play is the future of the NHL, this is what people want to see.

Great game, and despite 6 goals, I thought Miller played well, he had NO support in front if him, You can only stop so many rebounds before they bang one in.

Great character win for this young team, to battle back, again and again

That was a GREAT game. The only hockey game which I'd rate higher was game 6 of the Stanley Cup. I wish one of the two teams had won game 6. (There's a difference between winning a game, and being declared winner of a game.) But other than the way that game ended, it was a great game--you could tell every player gave it everything he had. Triple overtime. A good D, and an invincible goalie. It was awesome.

Great game, and despite 6 goals, I thought Miller played well, he had NO support in front if him, You can only stop so many rebounds before they bang one in.

Great character win for this young team, to battle back, again and again

685313[/snapback]

I think that goes for both teams. The defense was bad at times, however, I think it was really good offense. That being said, if either of these teams really want to make a serious run, their goalies have to be better than that. It's just nice to see a team play with such heart and no egos(minus Vanek, who is pissing me off and really should sit). Hopefully, this is a similar product that the Bills are putting together. Best stat: Mike Grier, 81 regular season games and 7 goals and 23 total points. Grier, 7 playoff games 3 goals and 8 points. Talk about stepping it up. Go Sabres!!!

Great game but I would think real hard about starting Biron :lol: (whom I thinks the better of the two Goalies) on the next one.

He's a Great Goalie and deserves more respect!!!! :w00t: 

685179[/snapback]

You will not see Biron this post season barring some very strange circumstance (Miller injury, Sabres desperately needed a "karma" change, or something of that nature). I'd be nearly shocked if you see Marty in either of the back-to-backs. You will NOT see him start in game 2.

He is a good goalie, but he is not better than Ryan is, nor does he have the same upside potential that Ryan has.

The reason why they'd "give up" on him is Ryan is better. It's that simple. (Also, I wouldn't say they gave up on him. He is still on the roster and Mika is not.) Marty is probably the 20th best goalie in the league (some days I'd say top 15, some days top 30-35), but Ryan is better than that. There are teams in the NHL that Marty could start for, but there are several (including the Sabres) where he would only be the 2nd best (or in the case of a team like San Jose - 3rd).