Who is working on good Friday?

inkman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im here at work all day.

This is the new America, striving to make people forget about Easter and Christmas for what they REALLY mean and replace it with the "holiday" word and retailers showinv generic holiday gifts down out throats, and making us work till the bitter end, skipping lunches, working massive amounts of OT for a salaried job that was once occupied by two people.

taking more and more holidays away from people, almost making employees feel "guilty" about taking days off, taking holidays etc...it is getting bad.

Oooh, the drunk shift.  I worked that for a few years and didn't go home after work one night.  Ahhh, memories...sort of.  :blink:

662044[/snapback]

heh, i'm part time. basically when the office is opened, there is no free desk for me so i'm stuck coming when the office is closed. that will all change when i get my bachelor in june. can't complain though as i get paid as well as a lot of guys i know who work full time.

yeah...I'm at work to...trying to save mankind from all manner of diseases...T-Bone is working too....have I ever mentioned that T-Bone is my coworker?  'nuff said.

662092[/snapback]

We're all here, too, saving the world. But, we get 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, a floating holiday, and the week between X-mas and New Years off. To tell you the truth, I don't know of anybody that has today off.

In Boston, Monday is a holiday because of the marathon. I'll probably use that as my floater.

I'm just wondering how many of you who are complaining about working would instead have attended Stations of the Cross or the reading of the Passion?

Except for Christmas, I've never expected religious holidays to be work holidays for the obvious reason that we can't close for every holiday and can't have certain people claiming religious bias if we don't close for their holiday.

In most cases, I would think that people can schedule a vacation day if the religious holiday holds that much personal significance.

I'm just wondering how many of you who are complaining about working would instead have attended Stations of the Cross or the reading of the Passion?

Except for Christmas, I've never expected religious holidays to be work holidays for the obvious reason that we can't close for every holiday and can't have certain people claiming religious bias if we don't close for their holiday.

In most cases, I would think that people can schedule a vacation day if the religious holiday holds that much personal significance.

662119[/snapback]

Deus meus, ex toto corde poenitet

me omnium meorum peccatorum,

eaque detestor, quia peccando,

non solum poenas a te iuste

statutas promeritus sum,

sed praesertim quia offendi te,

summum bonum, ac dignum qui

super omnia diligaris.

Ideo firmiter propono,

adiuvante gratia tua,

de cetero me non peccaturum

peccandique occasiones

proximas fugiturum. Amen.

662119[/snapback]

Jesus I like very much, but he no help hitting curve ball...