Since Feb. 1st how many players have you said

I can say I have had a wide range of choices that keeps chaning.

Ferguson. (i have come to realize he will never last until the 8th spot)

Ngata. (i have come to realize i think he is a fat tub of goo)

Williams. (see notes on Ferguson)

Davis. (i think he is going to be a bust. ala Winslow Jr.)

Now I am not torn between Justice and Bunkley.

Bunkley isn't a #8 pick but he fills the need on the DL.

Justice is IMO a guy that could settle in and be a 15 year vet on the OL.

Today, since the wind is coming in at 12 mph from the SSW, I am hoping the Bills take Winston Justice. :D

unrealistically - ferguson or williams

realistically - bunkley, huff or davis...

today, i'm feeling more huff and grabbing a DT in later rounds...

659909[/snapback]

Now, if we had an additional 2nd, that would be sweet. We could take Huff, then get one of the top guards (Lutiu, Jean-Gilles, or Joseph), and then take the best DT available.

I wonder if we could move up to another 2nd round pick somehow...

Ferguson.  (i have come to realize he will never last until the 8th spot)

Ngata.  (i have come to realize i think he is a fat tub of goo)

Williams.  (see notes on Ferguson)

Davis.  (i think he is going to be a bust.  ala Winslow Jr.)

Today, since the wind is coming in at 12 mph from the SSW, I am hoping the Bills take Winston Justice.    :D

659888[/snapback]

What makes you feel Davis will be a bust, and that Winslow Jr is also a bust?

Winslow is just an dumb @ss, I wouldn't call him a bust. He has not had a chance to prove he's a good pick or a Bust. Maybe calling him a wasted pick would be more appropriate.

Ngata first, Bunkley second, Justice third, Huff fourth, Davis fifth, trade down sixth, Hawk. DEFENSIVE TACKLE must be filled with the best defensive tackle available in the draft. I would make an exception for Reggie Bush, Ferguson and possibly Williams, but no one else in the draft is worth bypassing the opportunity to fill the hole we have in the middle of the defensive line.

There were three I thought of as our first pick over the last few months. First was Ngata, after Milloy was released I started thinking Huff, now, with no real OL signed in FA, I think we should go with Justice, even at no. 8.

Probably no logic at all, but to me - if you're going to actually pick with the eight, take the TE if available because if it doesn't pan out it will have less impact than going dud on a lineman. Taking a high value lineman will probably reduce the amount that get picked later in the draft. The Bills don't really "need" the TE, but he'd be a serious nice to have. If they pick say, Ngata - do they not pick some real, but lesser talent deeper? Then what if Ngata doesn't work?

What makes you feel Davis will be a bust, and that Winslow Jr is also a bust?

Winslow is just an dumb @ss, I wouldn't call him a bust. He has not had a chance to prove he's a good pick or a Bust. Maybe calling him a wasted pick would be more appropriate.

659953[/snapback]

I think he will be one demensional. He has speed to get deep. So what?

If you don't have a QB that can get him the ball, and if you need a TE to get the short yardage grab, I don't think he can provide much help.

Now if the Bills select him, I hope I am wrong. Not like I make a living as an NFL Scout or anything.

Ferguson.  (i have come to realize he will never last until the 8th spot)

Ngata.  (i have come to realize i think he is a fat tub of goo)

Williams.  (see notes on Ferguson)

Davis.  (i think he is going to be a bust.  ala Winslow Jr.)

Today, since the wind is coming in at 12 mph from the SSW, I am hoping the Bills take Winston Justice.    :rolleyes:

659888[/snapback]

The person that I have always thought the Bills should pick ahead of everyone else?

Just one. Vince Young.

When I was starting to wonder where the Young lovers were, his name finally showed up in the 17th post.

It's not too bad though, usually his name came up very quickly. 17th? this must have something to do with the global warming. :rolleyes:

I always just thought Ngata. However, the guy I really want is Justice. That being said, if Young is there, I don't know how we can pass on him. Buffalo needs a star. Granted, a lot of people have their doubts but NO ONE in this draft has a higher ceiling than Young.

I always just thought Ngata.  However, the guy I really want is Justice.  That being said, if Young is there, I don't know how we can pass on him.  Buffalo needs a star.  Granted, a lot of people have their doubts but NO ONE in this draft has a higher ceiling than Young.

660417[/snapback]

I don't know about Young, but this club sure has some fundamental needs. For whatever he turns out to be, I think he's an already-strong franchises' project.

I don't know about Young, but this club sure has some fundamental needs. For whatever he turns out to be, I think he's an already-strong franchises' project.

660426[/snapback]

I really want Justice. And this team does need Justice. I definitely don't think drafting a QB would be the answer. However, Young could be the franchise player this team has sorely been lacking and get this team back into the spotlight. But I would like to see the other needs addressed. This made no sense did it??? :rolleyes:

I really want Justice.  And this team does need Justice.  I definitely don't think drafting a QB would be the answer.  However, Young could be the franchise player this team has sorely been lacking and get this team back into the spotlight.  But I would like to see the other needs addressed.  This made no sense did it???  :lol:

660436[/snapback]

Yes, it actually did. :rolleyes:

Not a thing wrong with being optimistic, and hoping for the best! Whatever happens, it's great fun to sit in front of the TV and watch the draft unfold. With recent selections, nobody can accuse the Bills of not adding to the festivities... :D

In order of preference (ignoring unrealistic options like Mario):

1. Vernon Davis

2. Trade Down a few spots for at least a 3rd rounder

3. Huff

4. Justice

5. Trade Down a few spots for at least a 4th rounder

6. Greenway

7. Trade Down a few spots for whatever the hell we can get

Fergy

Ngata

and now Justice

660277[/snapback]

5 words and only 8 syllables, must be some sort of record...NO???

As for the draft I'd love Mario(only one I wouldn't mind trading up for). I would prefer we trade down, but that is much easier said than done. If we pick at 8 I won't complain if we get any of these guys, not in any order...Ngata, Davis, Huff, Justice, Bunkley and it goes without saying that Mario or D'Brick are miraculously available take them.