Those Wacky Fightin' Bills

Bills | Team in a fighting mood

Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:41:30 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills players engaged in two fights at minicamp Saturday, April 8. S Matt Bowen and RB Lionel Gates got into it. Bowen facemasked Gates to the ground, but Gates appeared to shove Bowen's facemask up into his chin and nicked him. Three other players were needed to separate them. Meanwhile TE Robert Royal and DL Chris Kelsay got into a shoving match. After practice was over, head coach Dick Jauron spoke to the team and stated the need to discipline themselves. He said if something gets heated they have to have the discipline to walk away because they need everybody on this roster healthy, and beating each other up in the spring is not an option.

Good. I think this team should be angry. They haven't had a personality to them in awhile, as long as they get it in order and use their anger on game day instead of acting like mindless drones I for one am happy that at least someone is angry even if they're newbies. I know all of this is probably nothing, but I'll take any news I can get right now.

As pissed as I am about some of these horseshit players we've gotten this offseason.......Is this a sign of players, formerly of Washington, having a better practice work ethic then our Bills, who were tutored under Meathead Mike?

I mean really, Bowen and Royal from the Joe Gibbs regime, maybe going at it a little too rough for our Bills players who went through Camp Meathead in the past.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I like it!

I would have rather read that Jauron told the players... they better be fighting, because some of them will have to be cut and only fighters and guys that want to play and win will make it past those cuts. Rather, than telling them to calm down and walk away.

Good. I think this team should be angry.  They haven't had a personality to them in awhile, as long as they get it in order and use their anger on game day instead of acting like mindless drones  I for one am happy that at least someone is angry even if they're newbies.  I know all of this is probably nothing, but I'll take any news I can get right now.

656729[/snapback]

Ditto! I want them furious about last season. They should be ashamed at how they played. I want them to carry a chip on thier shoulder and prove last season was a fluke.

Good. I think this team should be angry. They haven't had a personality to them in awhile, as long as they get it in order and use their anger on game day instead of acting like mindless drones I for one am happy that at least someone is angry even if they're newbies.

AMEN TO THAT, at least some of these guys have a pulse. hopefully this new regime will motivate these guys better than mike m did. the team seemed so out of control last year with the qb issues,EM,Sam A, et al. maybe these newbies will bring some heart to this team, even if they can't win games. <_<

If you had to choose, what two Bills would you like to see fight each other?

Honestly I've got to give it to Brian Moorman vs JP Losman...it'll be the most white fight ever...lots of slapping and name calling I'm guessing.

656764[/snapback]

That's what you'd like to think but you just never know. Imagine JP stepping hard into a solid jab to the throat of Brian Moorman and the fight being over in 4 seconds. <_<

Remember Damien Covington body slamming the offensive lineman to the ground and Marv laughing about it? I want to say it was Glen Parker but i'm not sure that's correct. Covington was a wrestling champ (RIP). I always liked that undersized LB.

Parrish with a cheesburger strapped to his back Vs. Bennie Anderson

656784[/snapback]

Yeah but thats kind of unfair parrish would just outrun fat bennie. You'd have to even the playing field like put snow on the ground where parrish would become a deer in headlights.

Yeah but thats kind of unfair parrish would just outrun fat bennie.  You'd have to even the playing field like put  snow on the ground where parrish would become a deer in headlights.

656793[/snapback]

Why is Bennie Anderson still on this team?

Honestly I've got to give it to Brian Moorman vs JP Losman...it'll be the most white fight ever...lots of slapping and name calling I'm guessing.

656764[/snapback]

What, exactly, is a "white fight"? I have seen many fights and been in a couple.. I did not see any slapping... maybe i'm missing something but this statement is bothersome..

What, exactly, is a  "white fight"? I have seen many fights and been in a couple.. I did not see any slapping... maybe i'm missing something but this statement is bothersome..

656800[/snapback]

I think you should B word slap him for it.

What, exactly, is a  "white fight"? I have seen many fights and been in a couple.. I did not see any slapping... maybe i'm missing something but this statement is bothersome..

656800[/snapback]

Yea really, like he doesn't think a white boy could stomp the sh-- out of him in a serious way...

Yeah but thats kind of unfair parrish would just outrun fat bennie.

656793[/snapback]

Depends on how hungry Bennie is. Don't feed him for half-a-day & watch him move.

I'd like to see Coy Wire vs. Liam Ezekiel. <_<

656800[/snapback]

That's a scuffle between Tiger Woods and Wayne Grady, and you should be troubled by the thought of it.

That's a scuffle between Tiger Woods and Wayne Grady, and you should be troubled by the thought of it.

656842[/snapback]

lol. I was thinking more along the lines of Colin Powell vs. Condaleeza Rice, but i'd enjoy the Woods vs Brady fight. oh i miss the days of celebrity deathmatch on MTV

Good. I think this team should be angry.    I for one am happy that at least someone is angry even if they're newbies. 

656729[/snapback]

All the newbies just realized who they actually signed with and are imagining the players they are fighting are really their agents.

Parrish with a cheesburger strapped to his back Vs. Bennie Anderson

656784[/snapback]

Thats the funniest thing i've read here in awhile.

Guest dog14787

656764[/snapback]

Mcgahee vs. anyone remaining from last years O-line, Mcgahee gets a Knockout 10 seconds into the first round!!!!!!!! <_<

656764[/snapback]

white fight? are you saying you're a gay non-white?