Bills agree to trade with Texans

I just looked at the bottomline and yes it was reported by Clayton but it said that the Bills have agreed to trade Eric Moulds to the Texans for undisclosed pickS. So there might be more then one pick coming our way. It is very possible that the Bills will get a pick in next year's draft.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many TBD'ers are going to grow affectionate to the Texans ala the Cowboy man-love that gushed here when the Druid one moved there.

Goodbye Eric Moulds. At least we know you weren't in it for the money.

652095[/snapback]

Ugh, no kidding....the Bledsoe ball washing on this site after he dissed us and went to the friggin COWBOYS was sickening.

I wonder how many TBD'ers are going to grow affectionate to the Texans ala the Cowboy man-love that gushed here when the Druid one moved there.

652095[/snapback]

I doubt that will happen.

As for me, EM, thanks for the memories, now I add my EM jersey with all the other former players jerseys I own (TH, Drew, Paup) and wish him the best. But the focus is all on the Bills now, see ya EM, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

I just looked at the bottomline and yes it was reported by Clayton but it said that the Bills have agreed to trade Eric Moulds to the Texans for undisclosed pickS. So there might be more then one pick coming our way. It is very possible that the Bills will get a pick in next year's draft.

652099[/snapback]

That would be better than just having Marv be the one to give in. I know Casserly didn't want to be that guy either, so if they can add something to the pot and compromise, I think it makes both parties look good.

652099[/snapback]

Interesting.....

:)

With what we have seen from JP, are you SURE you wanna go there?  :lol:  :)

652104[/snapback]

lol, if it's you and I debating the point(s), I'll go just about anywhere.....we never agree on a damn thing, but it's usually a good time :D

As in any transaction, the price you pay is only what you have to give up. Stupid, but simple.

There was little interest in Moulds, since teams that needed quality veteran WRs already got them. Even though 6 teams apparently were "interested" in Moulds, only one was serious enough to talk contract with him. OTOH, Bills resigned 2 of their FA WRs and added another, and Moulds would not restructure his deal, guaranteeing his release in June.

Thus, the true cost to Texans would be the amount they would have to give up to ensure that Moulds came to them at the agreed contract, and not risk paying more when Moulds hits free agency. The other benefit would be to have him in camp earlier than later.

Putting all those factors together, if I'm Casserly, I don't move off the 5th round pick.

Sending the first pick on the second day for a guy you'll probably get anyway (at a slightly higher price) is too much.

ps - if Marv managed to get 4th Rd, then he deserves much higher praise than he's been afforded.

Edited by Simon

Goodbye Eric Moulds. At least we know you weren't in it for the money.

...Or the rings...

sign me up too- a 5th rounder sucks.  Marv- I hope you did not !@#$ this one up

652108[/snapback]

I would say a 6th is a bad trade, a 5th is acceptable, and a 4th is good.

Look at the whole picture, Moulds will be 33 year old before season starts, he doesn't want to wear Bills uniform anymore, and he doesn't want to take a pay cut. Everyone knows Bills will either release Moulds or be forced to keep him with a high cap hit as well as have negative impact from him next season.

What draft picks did Eagles get from Owens? None.

Moulds' and Owens' situations are not exactly the same, but are somewhat similiar. Both teams have cap room, both players don't want to play for their teams, they both were dued to a roster bonus, and there're other teams showing interests in them while they're still with the teams.

Moulds is not a cancer in the locker room like Owens, but it doesn't justify why Bills can trade Moulds for draft pick(s) and Eagles didn't.

Marv did a good job handling the whole Moulds situation, 4th round or not.