Moulds is not going to be replaced for another big

The benefits of eliminating Moulds and his contract is to rid the team of several negatives. Why would they replace Moulds and his contract with another unhappy player who will command another big dollar contract? This team has too many needs and holes to fill. IF another player is involved with the trade of Moulds, then you can rest assure that it will be another role/depth player. Why jump right back into the fire so to speak. Another aspect is to replace a malcontent with someone who will fit into our future philosophy. Don't overlook that Marv is striving for chemistry. The compensation for Moulds, whether it's a player or draft pick(s) will be for a team concept or team oriented. The good news is that there is ALOT of buzz going on for Moulds services right now. Buffalo and Moulds will have a satisfactory resolution. We will get what we want and so will he.

What's the harm in offering a contract full of performance incentives.....Walker wasn't a malcontent his whole time in GB either, he reached Pro Bowl level and asked for a long term deal to be worked out, and got blasted by the franchise quarterback who was pulling down almost 10 million a season for it. He then proceeds to blow his knee out without any long-term security and is bitter against the team that wouldn't negotiate a new deal that he deserved. His only problem was working with Rosenhaus, who he has since replaced. He asked to renegotiate his deal...got denied and showed up for the first practice. I think this guy would be a tremendous pickup at a price the Bills can afford for a potential difference maker on the field.

What's the harm in offering a contract full of performance incentives.....Walker wasn't a malcontent his whole time in GB either, he reached Pro Bowl level and asked for a long term deal to be worked out, and got blasted by the franchise quarterback who was pulling down almost 10 million a season for it.  He then proceeds to blow his knee out without any long-term security and is bitter against the team that wouldn't negotiate a new deal that he deserved.  His only problem was working with Rosenhaus, who he has since replaced.  He asked to renegotiate his deal...got denied and showed up for the first practice.  I think this guy would be a tremendous pickup at a price the Bills can afford for a potential difference maker on the field.

643465[/snapback]

too bad his knee doesn't work

Nobody is going to give him big money until he proves he can survive the season and produce at a Pro Bowl level.

Nobody is going to give him big money until he proves he can survive the season and produce at a Pro Bowl level.

643482[/snapback]

Thats why you give him a contract full of performance incentives....if he can't come back to his form then he gets a little over base....if he performs then he gets his $

The space left at WR by a Moulds departure is really the only reason that I think that Marv may actually hope that Moulds comes to his senses and makes a new deal to remain a Bill.

This thought seems quite unlikely to me given the line in the sand drawn by Moulds' agent that he is done as a Bill. However, even though the Bills can probably replace Moulds well with a less than top dollar very good possession receiver (a Jurevicious type for example) even these backside of their career/big rep or second tier but adequate WRs are gone as UFAs.

It too bad, as a Bills O with Evans as #1 and Moulds as #2, with Parrish in for 3 WR sets and competition between Reed, Aiken, Davis and Smith for the remaining slots would be a potent crew.

However, it looks like now that at best we get the booby prize of a draft day choice for Moulds (I think we fans really over-value the draft as a team-building tool- good players have to come from somewhere so many ofthem are drafted, but the draft seems IMHO to be just another tool in the mix of team-building with FAs (like TKO and Fletcher), UDFAs (like Peters) and trades also being a big part of th mix).

I think we may be looking at Evans as #1 and then a competition between Reed to recover his rookie form (unlikely) or Davis to step up (unlikely) or Parrish to develop quickly (unlikely also) as our #2 this year.

As unlikely as it is for Moulds to come back, I think it may be our best option.

(I think we fans really over-value the draft as a team-building tool- good players have to come from somewhere so many ofthem are drafted, but the draft seems IMHO to be just another tool in the mix of team-building with FAs (like TKO and Fletcher), UDFAs (like Peters) and trades also being a big part of th mix).

643510[/snapback]

Over-value the draft? I disagree. The Redskins have a billionaire owner. Miami has a warm climate. Other teams have great coaches.

Lacking the above, the Bills must rely on the draft more than other teams. TD brought in some good free agents, but he destroyed us on draft day year after year. This my friend, is why the Bills suck. 0:)

643482[/snapback]

I know, no player has ever come back from a torn ACL. 0:)

Walker is not a big dollar contract.

2006 1.15 million with .5 million in incentives. After the new CBA created inflation in salaries that is not too much.

How many teams can afford the 6 million cap # Moulds earns in base salary? The eagles need a receiver and the Packers want to trade one.

A Moulds trade will likely be with the eagles or Packers.

Also Walker fired Rosenhaus as his agent last fall.

643482[/snapback]

Last time I checked Willis tore all three, and Steve Smith broke his leg, they seemed to bounce back, I think. 0:)

You replace Moulds becase: HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY HERE ANYMORE. Is Walker 33? No. He is STILL under contract for a year at a low cap number. We can trade for him and worry about the money next year. This is why re-signing Josh Reed was stupid.

Last time I checked Willis tore all three, and Steve Smith broke his leg, they seemed to bounce back, I think.  :P

643550[/snapback]

you're right

and nobody ran out and gave them a big money deal paying top 5 money while they were injured.

Walker wants the big money deal before he plays another down. Great plan to trade for an injured player who won't play until he gets a big raise.

You replace Moulds becase: HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY HERE ANYMORE. Is Walker 33? No. He is STILL under contract for a year at a low cap number. We can trade for him and worry about the money next year. This is why re-signing Josh Reed was stupid.

643677[/snapback]

Unless we could have packaged Reed for a deal that could of netted us Walker. That said I don't see that happeneing. Though it be a nice thought.

If you think about it Javon Walker never held out. Although he threatened to, he showed up to opening day at camp, after Brett Favre publicly humiliated him, which already makes him a bigger man than some of the people in the league.

I imagine a lot of Walker's "hootin and hollerin'" was all part DR's game last year.

As to the whole ACL tear, there is no telling. That's why you acquire someone like Walker and give him a little taste of the pie. Get him motivated and make him think that if he performs well, he will get paid.

If he performs well, you pay him. If he does not, give him another year of incentive laden contracts.

He's young, from FSU, and certainly ripped up defensive secondaries.

If you think about it Javon Walker never held out. Although he threatened to, he showed up to opening day at camp, after Brett Favre publicly humiliated him, which already makes him a bigger man than some of the people in the league.

I imagine a lot of Walker's "hootin and hollerin'" was all part DR's game last year.

As to the whole ACL tear, there is no telling. That's why you acquire someone like Walker and give him a little taste of the pie. Get him motivated and make him think that if he performs well, he will get paid.

If he performs well, you pay him. If he does not, give him another year of incentive laden contracts.

He's young, from FSU, and certainly ripped up defensive secondaries.

643797[/snapback]

If he hadn't gotten the injury I'm sure he'd be wrapped up to a long term deal or traded by now. As Walker's size/speed and numbers in 2004 were amongst the league's best and sure any team would welcome him. Now there are questions as to what he'll return too. I'd love him as a Bill if could return to that form especially at his age. He would easily replace Moulds and give us a #1 WR we're going to be lacking once Eric departs.

If he hadn't gotten the injury I'm sure he'd be wrapped up to a long term deal or traded by now. As Walker's size/speed and numbers in 2004 were amongst the league's best and sure any team would welcome him. Now there are questions as to what he'll return too. I'd love him as a Bill if could return to that form especially at his age. He would easily replace Moulds and give us a #1 WR we're going to be lacking once Eric departs.

643806[/snapback]

Amen