Moulds / A Class Act

Guest dog14787

Bittersweet.

Moulds gave a lot during his prime years, but he also bitched about his contract and frankly got a lot more than he should have in that last restructure. His skills have been gradually diminishing for several seasons now, largely due to past injuries.

Moulds has always held Moulds first. When the team was good and things were going his way, he was happy. When not, he complained at times.

He provided us with a good WR for many years, but this is a business and Moulds rarely ever made it more than that.

Loved him as a player, but it's time for him to go both for himself and the team.

Business is business!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you criticising Moulds for his off the field problems thats fine, but you guys also better not be Bruce, Kelly, Andre, or Thurman fans either for that matter because they were all like that too in their playing days. In fact those guys probably lived it up(aka Partied harder) more than Moulds so keep that in mind, because I'm sure if Moulds was a big part in bringing us a championship or something all that other stuff would be forgotten. Of course Moulds never brought a championship to Buffalo, but I think if he had the pieces around him he could've been a big part in bringing winning football to Buffalo. I'm not saying you can overlook the off the field stuff, but what I'm saying is keep that separate from his football career. He wasn't brought to Buffalo for community service he was brought in to play football. I'll remember Eric Moulds as a guy who always helped out the younger WR's, never quit when Bledsoe threw that pick against Baltimore when the rest of our guys just stopped running after the defender such as Willis who just stopped dead in his tracks, I'll remember him for using a referree to set a pick to get open, I'll remember him for lighting up the Dolphins on several occasions, I'll remember him for his excellent downfield blocking I remember him blocking two separate db's out of a play one time. Thanks for your time here Eric, your one of the few guys on our current team that I could see playing on the 90's Bills teams and fitting in well.

He did stay in Buffalo for much longer than he could have. And he opted to stay in Buffalo for $20 million less than the Tennessee offer. He also helped recruit Takeo to Buffalo. He's always been professional in manner. He was a solid teammate throughout his entire career. He never caused any problems within the organization. He's done a lot more for the team as well.

But you're right, screw him and his stripclubs!

642280[/snapback]

Moulds was ordered to pay $50 per week child support while at Mississippi State and to provide health insurance for his son as soon as possible, and provide income tax returns so his child support could be adjusted accordingly. From 1996-1998, his first 3 seasons in Buffalo, he paid a grand total of $350 in child support while earning in excess of $1 million each year. For that, he received a 90 day sentence in 1999 for contempt of court, 60 of which was suspended. Previously, he had plead guilty to assaulting a former girlfriend and another Buffalo state female student, an incident that involved the former girlfriend being grabbed by the throat, choked and thrown up against a wall. Class act? You tell me.

In all seriousness, I have never really understood the love that some have for Moulds. I'm not even going to comment on his class -- or lack thereof. Instead, let's talk about his production -- or lack thereof. He could be the most overrated WR of the last decade. If you look back at his career, you'd have to same that he's only had 2-3 really good years in his 10-year career.

I've heard so much from him about how jealous he is of Marvin Harrison for having had the opportunity to play with one really good QB, while "poor" Eric has had to deal with a QB turnstile. Maybe, we should look at it from the other point of view. That is, maybe just maybe Moulds has been a QB-killer during his time in Buffalo.

Don't want to play in Buffalo anymore, Eric? Don't let the door hit you going out.

You guys make me laugh. It's funny how you never hear all the badmouthing of one of our players until the player wants to leave. When the guy was helping out the young recievers and having monster games against Miami I NEVER heard the masses sling such mud against the guy. Now the guy wants to leave and we're hearing about his past child support payments ALL the way back to his college days?! Give me a break! This board has to be the biggest collection of the most miserable, vindictive, judgemental group of people that I have EVER heard. Does this make you better than thou attitude make you feel good about yourselves? Too bad it wasn't a few hundred years ago, we could burn him on a stake for his evil witchcraft. The guy is a football player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Class act?  This guy has physically assaulted women, had to be taken to court to make child support payments, spends a great deal of time in strip clubs.........I don't know about class act.  In fact, he's probably of below average character.  That said, he has been a good football player.

642275[/snapback]

there is a huge difference between ducking child support and assaulting women vs. going to a strip club. the first two earn you a "below average" character grade...the third one? cmon.

You guys make me laugh. It's funny how you never hear all the badmouthing of one of our players until the player wants to leave. When the guy was helping out the young recievers and having monster games against Miami I NEVER heard the masses sling such mud against the guy. Now the guy wants to leave and we're hearing about his past child support payments ALL the way back to his college days?! Give me a break! This board has to be the biggest collection of the most miserable, vindictive, judgemental group of people that I have EVER heard. Does this make you better than thou attitude make you feel good about yourselves? Too bad it wasn't a few hundred years ago, we could burn him on a stake for his evil witchcraft. The guy is a football player. Nothing more, nothing less.

642402[/snapback]

and this is an excellent point, imo.

642402[/snapback]

you couldnt have said it better tipster. a 12 year old will use the logic that some of these haters use. I bet 99% of these people were complete supporters of moulds in 2002 and in 1999. I honestly hope that he ends up going to NE simply so these morons can eat their words.

Guest dog14787
If stupidity cost money, you would be in a shelter for the homeless.

That said, stick around....your posts are hilarious. Surely you can "pull" yourself away from Channel 263 on DirecTV once in a while, no?

642377[/snapback]

I'm glad you enjoy my post, and I'll bet your an expert at being stupid. :P

642402[/snapback]

Stop making sense, Tipster. Are you trying to be the voice of reason around here or something? Just what this board needs...a rational thinker. Sheesh! :P

You know, when dog14787 posted about Moulds being a class act, the way that I percieved it was about his football abilities and his team loyalty. Even if I'm wrong it's disappointing how the way we turn on each other for having an opinion. No matter how he meant it, he was trying to say something positive and nice about somebody who has been on our team and who always gave great effort. At one time or another we were ALL proud and grateful that he was on our team. With all this backbiting and hatred, why in the world would ANYBODY want to play for such "fans". The behavior and comments on this board are just downright disgusting sometimes. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, and if you can't be that then maybe you should find another team and messageboard to be a part of.

I defended him this offseason and wanted to see him back next year, but now I could care less if he's here or not, and wish he would move on. I'm sick of hearing his mouthpiece cry that he deserves what his contract says and instead of trying to help his club rebuild by taking a paycut or restructure his deal to make it more cap friendly, he wants every cent of it cause he thinks he's worth it.

If you want more money, go find it somewhere else, since you only care about lining your wallet some more. I'll take someone with less skills you atleast wants to be here and is not going to leave the team during the middle of a game, or lobby for another QB to come in becuase you don't like the fact that the rookie is struggling and not giving you the ball

I thought he was a good WR before, now he is forgotten to me, go so what the rest of the league thinks your worth, cause there doesn't seem to be any huge offers coming Buffalos way to bring your crying @ss to their teams

Guest dog14787
you couldnt have said it better tipster. a 12 year old will use the logic that some of these haters use. I bet 99% of these people were complete supporters of moulds in 2002 and in 1999. I honestly hope that he ends up going to NE simply so these morons can eat their words.

642411[/snapback]

Moulds is a very impressive target, LOL, put him with Tom Brady or any one of the top QB's in the league and it spells problems.

Levy would do well to trade him as far away as possible, like the Cardinals or something. :P

I'm sick of hearing his mouthpiece cry that he deserves what his contract says and instead of trying to help his club rebuild by taking a paycut or restructure his deal to make it more cap friendly, he wants every cent of it cause he thinks he's worth it.

If Moulds does go, the best part about it will be not having to hear his "spokesperson" run his mouth thru the media. Enough already. Your boy wants out, we get it. :P

No doubt, he does need to go. I don't hold it against him for wanting his last payday and I don't like the way that he and his "advisors" are handling it but until recently we did have a good history with him. Unfortunately, it's time to move on AND get compensated for it. Bye.

Guest dog14787
You know, when dog14787 posted about Moulds being a class act, the way that I percieved it was about his football abilities and his team loyalty. Even if I'm wrong it's disappointing how the way we turn on each other for having an opinion. No matter how he meant it, he was trying to say something positive and nice about somebody who has been on our team and who always gave great effort. At one time or another we were ALL proud and grateful that he was on our team. With all this backbiting and hatred, why in the world would ANYBODY want to play for such "fans". The behavior and comments on this board are just downright disgusting sometimes. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, and if you can't be that then maybe you should find another team and messageboard to be a part of.

642419[/snapback]

:P Thanks, I'm just a regular die hard Bills and Sabres fan, born in Buffalo, And I love my teams. I want what any fan wants. To bring home a championship. The people in Buffalo have been through alot, I'm sure its made some of you bitter, but remember, we all want the same thing. Thanks again TIPSTER19 for making me feel welcome.

I am neither going to degrade nor defend Eric.....

I loved him as a player here....but when players "spokespersons" start degrading the team I love I have to detach myself from the player...

Bottom line.....I wish him well in life wherever he goes but I hope he gets knocked senseless and out of the game when he plays us......