Eric Gaining Interest

Wouldn't it be funny if Eric discovered that the market for a 30+ possession receiver, whose barely averaged 10 yards per catch in recent years is not what he thought it would be? And then he decided to return to the Bills and take the paycut that Marv originally presented, since it turned out to be his best option after all?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the important point here: Moulds contacted the Broncos, not the other way around. The only interest expressed there is from the Moulds camp, and we already know he is interested in moving.

639972[/snapback]

i think eric is gonna sober up real fast when all the teams he contacts tell him they are not interested in a 33 year old wide receiver who has a 10 million dollar contract and his best days are behind him not ahead of him....there is no upside with eric...unless the team was a solid playoff team that needed a veteren wide receiver to put them over the top............thats basically the eagles and broncos if they aint interested eric has no interest at all..

If you think Belicheck is going to pay him more than 4M/year you are crazy. Belicheck is a master at assigning value to players. He would never pay a WR 7M/yr that Moulds would get in a trade.

Buffalo Easy Posted Today, 10:26 AM

Broncos | Team contacted about Moulds

Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:39:42 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the agents for Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds contacted the Denver Broncos and four other teams about a trade for Moulds.

Lets hope a fight starts over him to drive that draft pick higher, we can only hope!

I agree, get the best you can get for him.

Any idea as to who the other 4 teams are?

I agree, get the best you can get for him.

Any idea as to who the other 4 teams are?

640202[/snapback]

when a "agent" says there are 4 teams interested it usually means 2 teams and if he calls 4 teams and says hi that constitutes "interest" in his client lol

I'd actually be curious to see how he would do having a quarterback for a change.

639767[/snapback]

I agree. I think if he had a decent QB for his career up to this point, I think he would be a definite HOF candidate.

I agree.  I think if he had a decent QB for his career up to this point, I think he would be a definite HOF candidate.

640415[/snapback]

I like Moulds a lot, and would prefer he be back in Buffalo...that said, I think he lacks intensity sometimes. Now, that could be the result of playing with a suck-ass group of QB's over the last 10 years, or it could just be part of his game. I think he has dropped too many catchable passes, at clutch times, to think he would ever be a "definite" HOF'er.

I like Moulds a lot, and would prefer he be back in Buffalo...that said, I think he lacks intensity sometimes.    Now, that could be the result of playing with a suck-ass group of QB's over the last 10 years, or it could just be part of his game.  I think he has dropped too many catchable passes, at clutch times, to think he would ever be a "definite" HOF'er.

640425[/snapback]

Good point. I'm more impressed with WRs who make so-so quarterbacks look good.

I'm sure this has been said but, why would you trade for him when you know he's going to be cut and you can sign him for far less than he currently thinks he will get? And if he is cut and some other team out bids you for him, what have you really lost? Is one of these teams interested really looking at him like he would be the difference for them making the Super Bowl?

Philly, Denver?

Bueller?

:lol:

We've had a QB look good?  :lol:

640469[/snapback]

Couple of them went to the Pro Bowl -- coincidentally (or not), in a year Moulds made it as well -- so I'd have to answer that question "yes".

Mort said on Sportscenter a few minutes ago that Green Bay could jump into the Eric Moulds derby.  Favre wants an improvement at WR and Mort suggested they could go after Moulds.

640635[/snapback]

Hmmm...I am not all that sure that would be greatly increase EM's chance of seeing the playoffs any time soon...Green Bay is not much, if at all, better than the Bills right now...also, I think it would be a stupid move by Green Bay, unless they signed him as a free agent...that team really needs to start re-building....

Hmmm...I am not all that sure that would be greatly increase EM's chance of seeing the playoffs any time soon...Green Bay is not much, if at all, better than the Bills right now...also, I think it would be a stupid move by Green Bay, unless they signed him as a free agent...that team really needs to start re-building....

It would actually be stupid on Eric's part. On Green Bay's part it would be a good move. And while I doubt he ends up there, still it raises the stakes.

Again, WHO said he's going to get cut?

640634[/snapback]

Clayton did, just before he said that the only reason that the Bills allowed Moulds to seek a trade is because the Bills wanted to keep Moulds... :lol:

Mort said on Sportscenter a few minutes ago that Green Bay could jump into the Eric Moulds derby.  Favre wants an improvement at WR and Mort suggested they could go after Moulds.

640635[/snapback]

Moulds and our 3rd rounder for Javon Walker...DO IT MARV!

640635[/snapback]

Did he say that they might trade for Moulds or that they might be interested if he became available?...which I assume means cut, because he clearly IS available.