Could JP Losman be on his way out?

Can Losman put the QB positon to rest the same way Kelly did? I don't think he can.

635774[/snapback]

The key difference is, people were patient with Aikman and to an extent with

Kelly....Aikman suffered through a 1-15 season, but did not get pulled out for

a journeyman QB by a Coach who wanted to save his own job......

I am not saying Losman is and will be a savior....but unless he gets his

chance to prove, we don't know....

Bledsoe's trade again would have been good, if we had a good OL..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt,  he has proven as much at GM,  as JP has at QB,  NOTHING.

I hope he does well,  it's in my teams best interests.

636449[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. Marv maybe a first time GM but he has knowledge of the game and Modrak who has been a GM to help him, also his good friend Polian and Overdorf to help with contracts. Lombardi was once a first time head coach, and he turned out pretty good. Marv learned from greats like George Allen. I remember Marv talking about Allen interviewing a scout and he asked the scout what he looked for in a player. The scout said I want a guy who gets knocked down and gets back up, then gets knocked down again and gets back up all game long. Allen replied that sounds good but I would rather have the guy that was knocking him down. I feel Marv should get a benefit he is a Hall of Famer, and has been around many greats to learn from, I do not see age as problem just well weathered.

The key difference is, people were patient with Aikman and to an extent with

Kelly....Aikman suffered through a 1-15 season, but did not get pulled out for

a journeyman QB by a Coach who wanted to save his own job......

I am not saying Losman is and will be a savior....but unless he gets his

chance to prove, we don't know....

Bledsoe's trade again would have been good, if we had a good OL..

636470[/snapback]

Without reading any other posts in this thread, JP's numbers are similar to Aikman's in his first year.

G Comp Att pct TD INT RAT

Aik 11 155 293 52.9 9 18 55.7

JP 9 113 228 49.6 8 8 64.9

I know this doesn't mean anything, but it's interesting that Aikman only played 11. Does anyone recall if he was injured or benched? Or did he not start the year as starting QB? Anyway Dallas had no line in his first year and built an offensive line that not only made Aikman a Hall of Famer, but E. Smith as well.

Look. sports radio is merely doing its job of commitment to filling its role. Unfortunately, its role is not to report accurately for the community about the Bills and its other sports franchises, but simply to make as many nickels as they can for the radio investors who live far from this town in the new consolidated media age.

The media have identified that they can make nickels easier by serving a community which tried to fill important by blowing up and pointing out the failings of others.

Its easy and it works so they go to it.

Its too bad because IMHO, just as the NFL used to be a sport that happened to also br a business, now its a business that happens also to be a sport. This seemingly small change has made all the difference in how the NFL works.

The media used to be a public service which happened to also be a business. Now its a business that happens also to be a public service.

Yhe media makes a show of being a public service and of accuracy, but when it comes down to a chance to sell commercials to an identifiable (and usually small numerically) group of buyers, the bias is toward get the nickels rather than wait a second and make sure they get it right.

Craig Nall is on the show now and he says he is competing for the STARTING JOB.

637220[/snapback]

Which is right in tune with what Jauron is saying for his philosophy: nobody is handed the starting job. The player who plays best will be the starter. He'll bench the $7M/year guy if the minimum guy is out-playing him.

Works out well overall. You have a confident QB who has had a history of frustration by being supplanted by other QB's (both in college and the pros) who is coming to a team that needed a strong third candidate. The only statement this makes about Losman and Holcomb is the same statement made at the beginning: neither is a designated "franchise QB." If the job is up for grabs, why not bring a qualified, hungry 3rd QB into the mix?

what are they saying abut jp?!?!  anyone?

637221[/snapback]

It pretty clearly says JP will have to compete on the field and win the job.

Not only is this how it should be but it is how JP himself is on the record stating that the job should be won.

When Bledsoe got cut, JP said in an on camera interview that he had gotten the #1 QB job not in the way one should get the job but that the was going to do his best to play well and lead the team. I'm not sure why anyone would have a big problem with this.

Instead folks like TD get a little too full of themselves and simply anoint a player as our next savior. Sometimes this works but mostly it doesn't.

I heard the last half hour or so...they are not saying anything based on any information that none of us can't read for ourselves, just trying to stir the pot a little. They played snippets of an interview with Nall, and he just says that he was told that nobody has a "leg up" on anyone else in the QB derby, whoever gets the job, will have to earn it. Nall says he is confident that he will be the guy...

Nall really does sound confident. I have heard good things about this guy they last few years, from Packers fanatic friends of mine. They were all befuddled when the Packers drafted Aaron Rogers last year, they felt Nall was Favre's heir apparent...we shall see. You know, even though the guy is a 4 year vetran, Losman actually has considerably more playing time logged...should make for (another) interesting summer...

It pretty clearly says JP will have to compete on the field and win the job.

Not only is this how it should be but it is how JP himself is on the record stating that the job should be won.

When Bledsoe got cut, JP said in an on camera interview that he had gotten the #1 QB job not in the way one should get the job but that the was going to do his best to play well and lead the team.  I'm not sure why anyone would have a big problem with this.

Instead folks like TD get a little too full of themselves and simply anoint a player as our next savior.  Sometimes this works but mostly it doesn't.

637285[/snapback]

I have no problem with competition for the starting job. It can only make the team better.

The only caveat i have is that KH is NOT given a chance to start for this team. He needs to be told that he's going to be the backup or 3rd stringer, and thats that.

I have no problem with competition for the starting job. It can only make the team better.

The only caveat i have is that KH is NOT given a chance to start for this team. He needs to be told that he's going to be the backup or 3rd stringer, and thats that.

637300[/snapback]

I'm not a Holcomb fan at all, but he should be given just as much of a chance. The more that compete for the starting position, the better. If Holcomb is clearly outplaying the other two in practice and preseason games, I want him starting. Anything that will get this team some wins. I really don't think Holcomb will beat out JP or Nall, but if he does, so be it.

Howard stated at LEAST 5 times this morning that his thoughts on JP were NOT based on any information he has or anything he has heard, but ONLY are his opinions about the direction the team is headed in.

The fact that it is said on the radio does not make it true, or did they even claim it was. They were simply playing off the fact that Nall was told he would have an opportunity to start.

If your gonna B word about how much something sucks, at least LISTEN to what they said. :devil:

I support Marv and the Bills. If Marv thinks JP should go, then let him go. I will give a Hall of Fame coach the benefit of the doubt. I personally think Losman should get another chance, but Marv seems to have a plan and direction. I think TD did not have direction he just grabbed players, that did not mesh with the team or style. I am happy that it seems that the team is serious about rebuilding, and not trying to paint over glaring defiecency's(I hated it every time TD would say "I really like this team and think it is playoff caliber"). I still feel that this was the teams problem the last 5 years, TD never really wanted to do the work of buiding a team from scratch, he wanted to sign some big names and hoped the Bills qualified for a widcard birth.

636438[/snapback]

I completely agree with your points about TD. One thing I like about Marv's signings is that even if they're not name players, they're young players that can help the team a long time.

As for JP--it's possible some members of this board are already familiar with my thoughts about him, so I won't repeat those things here.