Reggie Wells - OL - tendered offer sheet

Cards are way under the cap, correct? I won't be surprised when they match the offer.

634359[/snapback]

I would not be "surprised" either. My point is that Marv's offer gives us a fighting chance. If the Cards love this guy, they'll keep him. But their lowball offer means either thay don't like him very much, or really messed this up and will have to pay a bunch of money they obviously did not want to pay-- cap space or not.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no proof yet whether this was a mistake or not, it is too soon.  But you should go back to to your pre-algebra homework and bring that grade up instead of wasting everyone's time on this board.

634361[/snapback]

Does it upset you that not everyone loves Marv Levy? While other teams around the Bills are getting better the Bills are doing nothing. The Pats and Dolphins are leaving the Bills in the dust. Even the Jets are at least doing something. The Bills have released a bunch of players but have yet to bring in ONE that is better then what left. The proof is out there. But I guess it's easier to live with blinders on.

I would not be "surprised" either.  My point is that Marv's offer gives us a fighting chance.  If the Cards love this guy, they'll keep him.  But their lowball offer means either thay don't like him very much, or really messed this up and will have to pay a bunch of money they obviously did not want to pay-- cap space or not.

634366[/snapback]

They were rolling the dice . Now they will have to put up .Good home work Golden Boy`s. :devil:

I would not be "surprised" either.  My point is that Marv's offer gives us a fighting chance.  If the Cards love this guy, they'll keep him.  But their lowball offer means either thay don't like him very much, or really messed this up and will have to pay a bunch of money they obviously did not want to pay-- cap space or not.

634366[/snapback]

I'm with you! :devil:

Its good to see the bills are are least trying to fill the huge gaps in their team. The lines have been a problem for years so i hope this goes through. getting this young guy for five years should be good and with the offer we made marv must be sure that his injury has healed as good as new.

Does it upset you that not everyone loves Marv Levy? While other teams around the Bills are getting better the Bills are doing nothing. The Pats and Dolphins are leaving the Bills in the dust. Even the Jets are at least doing something. The Bills have released a bunch of players but have yet to bring in ONE that is better then what left. The proof is out there. But I guess it's easier to live with blinders on.

634370[/snapback]

Based on your logic--who has signed the most big name free agents is doing the best job--the Redskins would have won the Super Bowl each of the last 5 years. Last I checked, they've been to the playoffs once in that time, but only after they brought back a Hall of Fame coach to coach, and help with personnel. Hmm, that sounds familiar.

You have absolutely no idea if, for example Larry Triplett will be worse than Sam Adams. Or Royal worse than Campbell, or Bowen that Milloy. And being a critic does not make your views more accurate, or that everyone else has blinders on. No one knows how all these moves will turn out, including you.

And your blantant prejudice against older people is neither funny, or a trifling matter. Why don't you add to that and say that African American athletes should never play QB(would you use the moniker--is McNabb eating watermelon?), or that women should stay at home and not be in the work place. Your obvious bigotry--evidenced by you stereotype moniker-- makes everything you say suspect, which is why I assume you are simply young and immature. If you are not, then you've got bigger problems.

I wouldn't get too excited. Just like Pickett, people come to us to determine their value, then go home and get the same jack from their existing team. We're simply being used, repeatedly I might add, as leverage. This is the best way for the Cardinals to negotiate without having to negotiate.

There's nothing wrong with getting leverage during the negotiation process, but I wish the Bills wouldn't waste their own time helping further other people's careers with other teams.

I wouldn't get too excited. Just like Pickett, people come to us to determine their value, then go home and get the same jack from their existing team. We're simply being used, repeatedly I might add, as leverage. This is the best way for the Cardinals to negotiate without having to negotiate.

There's nothing wrong with getting leverage during the negotiation process, but I wish the Bills wouldn't waste their own time helping further other people's careers with other teams.

634678[/snapback]

I'm glad we didn't have the mentality you suggest back when we pursuing Spikes...

I'm glad we didn't have the mentality you suggest back when we pursuing Spikes...

634681[/snapback]

You're comparing apples to battery acid. For starters, neither Pickett nor Wells are of TKO caliber, and back then there was the common wisdom that the Bills were a team on the move forward and upwards, unlike our movement today, which is backwards and downwards.

Plus it was very clear back then that Spikes didn't want to stay with the new regime. Consequently, it wasn't about Spikes getting the jack but rather about Spikes getting the hell out of town.

For Pickett and Wells, it's about getting the jack. This is their moment in time to hit the jackpot. Go to some teams...jump the number up...go back home and have someone give you the same number.

634678[/snapback]

Didn't we already sign 5 free agents???

For Pickett and Wells, it's about getting the jack. This is their moment in time to hit the jackpot. Go to some teams...jump the number up...go back home and have someone give you the same number.

634692[/snapback]

That's a pretty big risk, considering it's not his decision and the Cards just may not belly up. Then he'll be stuck in Buffalo - and I mean that in a good way :devil:

The Cards signed FA OG Milford Brown last week. 

Milford played his last 4 seasons on that renowned Houston O-line.

Please tell me this isn't the guy who makes Wells expendable.

"Brown appeared in 13 games last season with the Houston Texans. He started in 12 of those games.

Originally a sixth-round selection by the Texans in the 2002 NFL supplemental draft out of Florida State, Brown has appeared in 19 career games with 16 starts at guard in four seasons in the NFL." 

Associated Press National Football League News Wire

634198[/snapback]

Looking at the contract Brown signed, it could make Wells expendable. Of course I don't think the Cardinals expected anyone to make Wells such a lofty offter and probably hoping to keep for depth/shift to another position as both Brown and Wells played LG last season. I have seen some articles that Wells was targetted to play Center for the Cardinals at one point. So the only way I expect the Cardinals to match now if expect him to start as they'd be foolish paying two LGs such hefty salaries. As here's the details on Brown's contract:

Cardinals | Contract breakdown: M. Brown

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 05:57:11 -0800

Ken Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals OG Milford Brown, signed last week, will receive salaries of $2 million in 2006, $2.35 million in 1007, $2.35 million in 2008 and $2.3 million in 2009. His signing bonus was around $3 million.