Reggie Wells - OL - tendered offer sheet

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv and the front office better had put together a creative contract for Mr. Wells if they really want him. From what Denny Green said, the Cards will match anything he receives. They still have a boatload of jack to do it with.

Late

Marv and the front office better had put together a creative contract for Mr. Wells if they really want him. From what Denny Green said, the Cards will match anything he receives. They still have a boatload of jack to do it with.

Late

634022[/snapback]

When did DG report that PC? All I've heard was a Kffl prediction that the Cards would match the offer because they still had the room. It's a lot different though if the head coach is actually stating this though.

5th highest rated OG according to scouts inc.

---He is a starting left guard who will be a restricted free agent with sixth-round compensation. He is a young player who should receive the upgraded restricted free agent tender based on this being a very poor guard market. He was starting to play better toward the end of last season but was injured and placed on IR. He has very good size and bulk. He flashes solid first-step quickness. He flashes the ability to play explosive in-line. He shows a little initial pop as a run blocker. He is effective on down blocks -- he can collapse down and create a run or cutback lane. He has good short-area foot quickness. He slides off initial blocks well in an effort to get to the second level. One of his biggest improvements has been his hand use. They are much more active. He does not show a lot of range or mobility. He does not look like he has long arms and allows defenders to get into his body. He is more of a straight-line man blocker -- he struggles to move laterally. He can lose his power on angle blocks. He is quick to the second level, but is slow to adjust on the move. He does not pull or trap as effectively as the Cardinals would like. Overall, he is a small school player (Clarion College) who has upside. He is still a little raw and rough around the edges, but offensive line play has diminished at the NFL level and this guy could be something special.---

Just put it this way, its actually a guy the team he plays for wants to keep badly.  This is not a scrub like Bennie Anderson who was basically kicked out of town.

634024[/snapback]

Did I miss something? Did we finally cut that fat turd, last I checked he was still on the roster?

When did DG report that PC?  All I've heard was a Kffl prediction that the Cards would match the offer because they still had the room. It's a lot different though if the head coach is actually stating this though.

634025[/snapback]

I heard him say it on ESPn radio. Then it was also reported on KFFL.

and what if we were able to land Mangold in round 2?  That would be sweet!

634023[/snapback]

That would definitly solidify the lines for a long while, and we might actually get some sweet production out of our skill players. I'm hoping he falls but I doubt it.

When did DG report that PC?  All I've heard was a Kffl prediction that the Cards would match the offer because they still had the room. It's a lot different though if the head coach is actually stating this though.

634025[/snapback]

I assumed it was from Denny but you have a point. Maybe not.

I'm with you on Mangold, wouldn't it be sweet if he somehow made it to us in the 2nd. Just don't see it happening though.

Late

Did I miss something?  Did we finally cut that fat turd, last I checked he was still on the roster?

634028[/snapback]

The fat turd isnt a bad backup IMO. Am I wrong? If anything, he gets cut after we sign someone to take his spot or he gets cut in camp because a rookie beat him out, or he stays on the roster as depth.

I assumed it was from Denny but you have a point. Maybe not.

I'm with you on Mangold, wouldn't it be sweet if he somehow made it to us in the 2nd. Just don't see it happening though.

I don't see him being there either but come April 29th I'm sure going to have my fingers crossed.

Arizona has already stated they'll match anything, so why are we getting excited?

634034[/snapback]

Once again when did Arizona officially report this, link? I'm not getting my hopes up that much because I know they still have a lot of room under the cap. All I've heard is a report from Kffl presuming they would match an offer, a lot different then an official word from a team source.