Bills to meet with McCown

Bills | Team will visit with McCown

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:59:18 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Buffalo Bills plan to visit with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) at a later date.

Not bad not bad at all. McCown has some talent could bring him in and compete with losman and holcomb.

He'd probably be the best #3 in the league.  Doubt he signs here though, seems like he could be a backup for a lot of teams instead.

625290[/snapback]

LMAO

Maybe you shold re-evaluate our QB position... McCown could win the starting job in Buffalo, and IMO would be a great option for a 3 way competition.

He has upside (that a change of scenery could provide) and experience.

However we need OL before any of our QB's have a chance.

Maybe you shold re-evaluate our QB position... McCown could win the starting job in Buffalo, and IMO would be a great option for a 3 way competition.

625295[/snapback]

No sh--.

Where else is going to go that would give him a better shot at a starting job, or a you'd-better-be-ready #2? Green Bay, if Favre retires? San Fran?

It's an excellent situation for a QB with a few years of experience and a drive to show what he's got if he has it (which last year led me to the conclusion that Volek didn't have it and he knew it and stuck in Tenn, and I think his play proved that right). Holcomb is what he is, and JP, while I want to believe he has it and will root for him to step up this year, hasn't earned much so far. And both are the previous GM's guys, which as much as Marv is courteous when he answers questions in the media, they may not fit the style of football he wants.

I he signed here i wouldn't be suprised at all if he was our starter comeopening day.

625293[/snapback]

I had a dream the other night, about the 2006 opener. It was against the Jets and McCown was or starter at QB. The bills were winning 14-3 when it ended, and L. coles for the jets had gotten a concussion for the jets and was out.

Funny. I mentioned McCown months ago and was pilloried for it.

Actually, it was his "Noodle Arm" and inexperience that made him unwanted and unloved.

I think he'd be a good pickup and the next thing would be to release Kelly-I'll-never-take-anybody-but-my-wife-and-kids-to-the-Superbowl Holcomb.

JMHO

Bills | Team will visit with McCown

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:59:18 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Buffalo Bills plan to visit with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) at a later date.

Not bad not bad at all. McCown has some talent could bring him in and compete with losman and holcomb.

625286[/snapback]

This guy could actually be better than "noodle arm" Holcomb. Ever see holcomb throw a 15-20 yard out pattern? Me neither. He can't.

McCown is young, plays with enthusiasm, decent arm, decent size size, and has had a few very nice games (some experience). He could work out well (all boils down to $$$).

Since I never see the Cardinals play, I keep getting him confused with the Browns QB who royally sucked at the Ralph in 2004... as such, I don't want him.  :lol:  <_<

625644[/snapback]

I know the weather was bad that day, but that performance by brother McNown may have been one of the all-time worst. :lol:

I know the weather was bad that day, but that performance by brother McNown may have been one of the all-time worst. <_<

625682[/snapback]

Yeah but Josh you weren't much better in Buffalo. :lol: McCown was horrible in 2004 when the Bills played the Cards. I know the weather was bad but he even admitted that he was struggling with gripping the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041031_ARI@BUF His numbers don't look that bad until you realize his only good drive was with 5 minutes left in the game when it was over. I think McCown is getting a raw deal in Arizona and may be a good qb in this league, just not in Buffalo.

Funny. I mentioned McCown months ago and was pilloried for it.

Actually, it was his "Noodle Arm" and inexperience that made him unwanted and unloved.

I think he'd be a good pickup and the next thing would be to release Kelly-I'll-never-take-anybody-but-my-wife-and-kids-to-the-Superbowl Holcomb.

JMHO

625637[/snapback]

I wanted him last year...

Yeah but Josh you weren't much better in Buffalo.  <_<  McCown was horrible in 2004 when the Bills played the Cards.  I know the weather was bad but he even admitted that he was struggling with gripping the ball. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041031_ARI@BUF  His numbers don't look that bad until you realize his only good drive was with 5 minutes left in the game when it was over.  I think McCown is getting a raw deal in Arizona and may be a good qb in this league, just not in Buffalo.

625715[/snapback]

I forgot about that game... agree that he's not a very good fit.