Mawae to Bills?

sven233

Bills have had talks with Mawae per WGR55. 

Interesting.  The old guy really doesn't interest me too much.  If they talk to him, they better be talking to Bentley.

622632[/snapback]

VERY GOOD! Everything is going according to plan :) (See my post on Bills offseason below)

The reason why Mawae is a perfect fit is simple. We shouldn't go out and spend tons of money on someone like Bentley. Duke Preston may very well be our Center for many more years to come. But right now it's WAY too risky to throw him into the fire.

So you go out and sign a solid, aged veteran who will improve the line until you know for certain what you have in Preston (thanks to the GENIUS using him as a Guard last season) :D

Even though Kevin Mawae has been around since the time of crucifixion he'd still represent a huge upgrade on our offensive line, and wouldnt break the bank to get him like we would have to with a bentley, enabling us to spread the money out to other positions as well.

I still don't know why we didn't just feed jamie nails big macs all summer and have him lie down in front of the QB.

622642[/snapback]

That would take care of the whole interior of the line, Marv needs to sign you up as a consultant of Football operations.

Actually, if we brought Mawae in at a reasonable price, assuming that he is healthy and still has something left in the tank -- I wouldn't even be opposed to re-signing Teague, provided that he accepts a contract cosistent with what a backup would make. After all, he has experience playing OT as well as OC.

i love it. Say what you want about Mawae. The guy has been the best center in the game for years now and even if hes lost a step he's still way better than whatever we've got on the line. He brings a great veteran leadership presence to the line at hte most important position to have it. plus he's familiar with all of our division rivals already. Furthermore, the guy is flat out nasty, the kind of nastiness we've been lacking. Outside of a zoist OT this is the best move we could probobly make in my opinion. Mawae seems to me to be a class act and a loyal player who takes pride in his performance. Hopefully that can rub off on some of the other meatheads we've got out there.

With that said: Bentley is obviously a better long-term option but its hard to resist the type of kcik in the pants to our OL that adding Mawae will give us.

Mawae would be a good choice cause he comes cheaper then Bentley and will pretty much be filling the role of mentor to Preston until he is ready to take over. I like teh idea of signing more quality lower price FA's then a couple high priced guys (like bentley and Hutch) cause their are too many holes on the team and we would not have to worry much on getting a guy in the draft to come in and fill a huge hole before he's ready (like expecting Ngata to come in and be a major player in our Dline)