Mawae to Bills?

sven233

I still don't know why we didn't just feed jamie nails big macs all summer and have him lie down in front of the QB.

622642[/snapback]

ROTFLMMFAOPMP!!!!!!! :)

That means Willis would be running sweeps and counters all day long. :D

Not sure why everyone is excited about this. Mawae will never come to Buffalo. No player worth their salt will come to Buffalo. In case you've all forgotten, our owner is an embarrassment to the league and we'll be lucky to get anyone to return our phone calls.

He is visiting us to get Miami to jack up their number. And all Miami will say is "Fine. Go play for the laughingstock of the NFL."

:)

Not sure why everyone is excited about this. Mawae will never come to Buffalo. No player worth their salt will come to Buffalo. In case you've all forgotten, our owner is an embarrassment to the league and we'll be lucky to get anyone to return our phone calls.

He is visiting us to get Miami to jack up their number. And all Miami will say is "Fine. Go play for the laughingstock of the NFL."

622870[/snapback]

:D ....well put.

I'm all for it. Preston needs at least two more offseasons of strength training to be a full time starter. I'm anti-Duke but if he gained a lot more strength I'm willing to give him a shot. He's got a ways to go though.

I've always liked Mawae's play. He has experience reading defenses and making line adjustments as the defense presents different fronts. Ask any Jets offensive player, they will tell you that he has been a big part of their offensive success the last few years (don't count last season). He would be a great mentor for Preston, lining up next to him and getting to learn from one of the better centers in the last 10 years. It would be a decent 2 year plan allowing Preston to be groomed on the finer points of the pro level.

I've always liked Mawae's play. He has experience reading defenses and making line adjustments as the defense presents different fronts. Ask any Jets offensive player, they will tell you that he has been a big part of their offensive success the last few years (don't count last season). He would be a great mentor for Preston, lining up next to him and getting to learn from one of the better centers in the last 10 years. It would be a decent 2 year plan allowing Preston to be groomed on the finer points of the pro level.

622927[/snapback]

Hell, he was installed to stop Big "TED" way back when - so let's just bring him too !

I still don't know why we didn't just feed jamie nails big macs all summer and have him lie down in front of the QB.

622642[/snapback]

We should have tried that strategy with Mike Williams as he had a tendency to snooze on the job anyway.

622870[/snapback]

Obviously you may disagree, but listening to RW made my commute down the 405 this morning much more enjoyable.

On the other hand, I almost put my Buffalo Bills license plate frame on my car the other day. Almost...

VERY GOOD! Everything is going according to plan  :rolleyes:  (See my post on Bills offseason below)

The reason why Mawae is a perfect fit is simple. We shouldn't go out and spend tons of money on someone like Bentley. Duke Preston may very well be our Center for many more years to come. But right now it's WAY too risky to throw him into the fire.

So you go out and sign a solid, aged veteran who will improve the line until you know for certain what you have in Preston (thanks to the GENIUS using him as a Guard last season)  :doh:

622637[/snapback]

You don't think Mawae will command top dollar? At his age he's going to want to go to a team that has a chance of winning it all. Buffalo won't be in the picture.

Mawae would be a perfect fit for a team that's just a player or two away from winning it all. If the Bills waste their Cap dollars on him their nuts!